No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky So Overhyped It was Sued For False Advertisement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Man's Sky So Overhyped It was Sued For False Advertisement

No Man's Sky came under fire due to not living up to it's hype. Gamers feel misled and upset at features that were promised in the ads that are not found in the actual game. ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) confirmed it is conducting an investigation on the matter. The ratings are mediocre, IGN gave the PS4 version a 6/10, while on Steam the game scored a "overwhelmingly negative" by users out of roughly 75,000 ratings

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polyg...?client=safari

Idk about you guys, but this game looked like trash from day 1 of the ads. I had no idea why some people were even interested in this crap

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    No Man's Sky came under fire due to not living up to it's hype. Gamers feel misled and upset at features that were promised in the ads that are not found in the actual game. ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) confirmed it is conducting an investigation on the matter. The ratings are mediocre, IGN gave the PS4 version a 6/10, while on Steam the game scored a "overwhelmingly negative" by users out of roughly 75,000 ratings

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polyg...?client=safari

Idk about you guys, but this game looked like trash from day 1 of the ads. I had no idea why some people were even interested in this crap
    who's that chick???

Comment

Watching the trailer for the first time...not impressed!

Comment

I've been playing Elite Dangerous and it is everything I hoped No Man's Sky would be. Just beautiful.

Comment

I'm with you Kev, I never got the hype before it came out as it didn't look impressive to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I'm with you Kev, I never got the hype before it came out as it didn't look impressive to me at all.
            They supposedly made a huge update called the foundation update that fixed its issues. A trend with games now, release an unfinshed product, get bad reviews, then fix it. What happened to fixing the issues before releasing it?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              They supposedly made a huge update called the foundation update that fixed its issues. A trend with games now, release an unfinshed product, get bad reviews, then fix it. What happened to fixing the issues before releasing it?
              Yeah gone are the days when companies released complete games. I think it's pathetic that no one takes what they do seriously anymore in gaming. They have even eliminated the need for having testers at the company as they just release glitch filled games making the public inform them of how crappy the product is so they can just release patch after patch. It's gotten to the point where i don't buy games on release, i'm patient enough to wait a few weeks for the first couple patches to come down.

Comment

Working...
              X