Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters keep pushing for fights between Top Rank and Golden Boy fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    no not at all cause we will never get a united boycott ever

example please
    What's to explain. Sometimes fighters don't want to fight other fighters. Or do you think that has never happened.

Comment

Just because it probably won't happen does not mean we should give up on asking for what the sport should deliver. If we just accept all the crap that goes on as inevitable, guess what? Things will get worse and promoters, managers and fighters will think we are cool with it and they can get away with even more crap. If nobody demands change it will NEVER happen.

I do agree that we shouldn't call somebody like Donaire a ducker because it's obvious he wants the fight with Mares and can't get Arum to make it.

You should never just accept bull***** and act like it's fine even if it is unlikley to change.
      Last edited by Visceral; 12-29-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

because once you accept that the fight cant be made, then TR and GBP win.

Comment

if there is enough public demand, i think both GBP and TP will be forced to work together. more demand means increased revenue and that's what it's all about

Comment

Cause i live in reality man,im not going to sit on here and b1tch over fights that i know wont happen and i know why they wont happen,then actually blame the fighters..thats crazy
            so pushing for whats good for boxing is b1tching but rolling over and willingly allow promoters to ruin the sport is what? smart?

we are the consumers here, we should ask for what we want. we may not get it but we still gotta try. are we just gonna sit back and accept that meaningful fights arent gonna get made?

if everyone thought like you boxing would be dead. you are right about one thing, you cant blame the fighters. everything else is bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              The real question is why resign yourself to them doing it?? Pioneer the opposite baby!!
              Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Why we push?..why?...cuz we are boxing fans and we want to see the best match up possible..we will allways ask for those fights..
              Spot on. These promoters don't own boxing, the fans do.

Cause i live in reality man,im not going to sit on here and b1tch over fights that i know wont happen and i know why they wont happen,then actually blame the fighters..thats crazy
              If you don't complain, nothing gets done about it. Miguel Cotto negotiated a release and fight with FMJ didn't he? Fans have every right to push for the fights that should happen.

Comment

I don't think that the solution to this problem is for the fans to stop pushing for fights between the 2 companies, nor is the solution to automatically accuse the fighters of being scared. Imo the solution is for the fans to put the pressure on the promoters. Fans need to call guys like Arum and others out, and stop accepting their BS. If the fighters should be called out for anything it should be for giving the promoters too much power. It's kind of hard to blame them though because they're just trying to make some money, they're already being ripped off in ways unimaginable.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  It doesn't have to be a united boycott. If there is enough demand for anything, and the fighters are willing, it will happen. All it will take is one fight between the two to make others happen, and a fight like Mares-Rigondeaux, which would not make much money to begin with, would be a good start.

Really, the attitude you have is the problem. "Oh well, fans will never make a difference, whatever." That's a horrible way to look at it. Fans always make a difference we are the only reason these people make money.
                  Floyd-Manny=never happened.how much more demand do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    if there is enough public demand, i think both GBP and TP will be forced to work together. more demand means increased revenue and that's what it's all about
                    floyd-manny no fight could have made more money in boxing yet Arum stood in the damn way

Comment

Floyd-Manny=never happened.how much more demand do you want?
                      Floyd and Manny wanted NOTHING to do with each other. After the first negotiations, neither guy made any serious attempt to fight each other. They also bring in money that no one else in the sport can make, which made it easy to avoid each other.

I personally think that Floyd and Manny are the reason this Top Rank-Golden Boy thing is still going. When those two are done, you'll see this end.

Comment

Working...
                      X