Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: If The Fight Goes Past Four, David Haye Will Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
    Haye has got up off the floor several times in his career and gone on to win, so I'm not sure where Bellew is getting his confidence from. The Scouser is bang average, we all know it, and Haye will dispatch him like a parcel whenever he chooses. I'm saying rd 2.

Also, I can't see Bellew's power translating to HW, Haye has taken some big shots from some big men at HW, Bellew is a skinny cruiserweight, he thinks he hits a lot harder than he actually does. Haye's chin will stand up to the shots, but it's irrelevant because he won't get hit with any.

Comment

Jeez, you beat the undisputed (for all intents and purposes) HW champion, who no-one has come close to beating in a decade, on his home turf no less, and you're still not even a 'respected valid fighter'. You must follow some utterly ridiculous logic that makes sense only in your own addled mind.

To say Fury isn't respected or valid, yet Joshua – who has beaten dishwashers and one European level fighter (Whyte) en route to picking up a paper title – is respected/valid is clearly so ludicrous that it becomes virtually impossible to take you seriously in any regard.

It's also worth pointing out that Fury won Ring mag's Fighter of the Year last year, and last time I checked that was an American-owned magazine, so it kind of discredits your theory that 'EVERYONE outside the UK thinks Fury is a big joke.'

You also criticise Wlad for fighting 'no named bums from Europe'. The division has been fairly poor for a number of years now, but who exactly are you claiming Wlad ducked? He fought the best out there and won virtually every fight while in low gear. I'm not a fan of the man, he has an extremely dull style, but it's effective and you have to respect his longevity.

You also forget to mention Bob Fitzsimmons when you talk about Brits who won the heavyweight title. As for Lewis, he was born and bred in London and he repeatedly pointed this out and represented Britain in every one of his pro fights, so quit being salty.

Also, when you consider the population sizes of the UK in comparison to the U.S, Brits haven't done badly in boxing, in fact they've wildly overachieved and have a proud legacy of being world-beaters in virtually all weight classes.

Who was the last lineal American heavyweight champion? There's been two Brits who've held that honour since the last American did, so do us all a favour and kindly remove your head from your as%hole.
      Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
      Your argument is dumb because Joshua is in fact the only really respected valid fighter from over there, EVERYONE outside of the U.K. thinks Fury is a big joke and beating an old boring Vlad (who for the better part of a decade was fighting no named bums from Europe) is not going to change that. Add to the fact that Fury has been stripped, is on coke and usually out of shape, he should serve as a negative strike on U.K. fighters not a positive. Fact of the Matter is in the HISTORY of boxing you have had Lennox Lewis whom partially claimed Candad and Jamaica as well as his Brittish heritage, and now Joshua. Bruno was always an opponent and only shone when against lesser names, never the kingpins. Haye is not a legitimate HW and won the belt from a gimmick 7 foot fighter, defended it against a washed up Brittish bum in Harrison, and than lost it to a boring, bum beating, Vlad.

CW division is HISTORICALLY poor and has been more used as a stepping stone for future HW's. List of top CW's ever is shabby in depth. You have Holyfield, Roy Jones, James Toney, Haye, Spinks, Qawi, Gomez and even Nelson come to mind and the rest are a bunch of who's who fighters. Only ONE of those fighters went onto have a LEGITIMATE HW career and that was Holyfield who was boss at HW for years and beat VALID legitimate HW beasts.

Long story short, you are talking out your arse and are gassed up because you have ONE valid HW fighter at the moment in Joshua. Historically there have been WAY more U.S. heavyweight fighters to be successful than there have been U.K. ones so whether you are talking current or in the past, your argument is silly and ill advised as someone like me will only shine a light on how truly poor the U.K. HW/CW scene has been over the past few decades.

Try posting from a valid account and not a troll one please with your 0 rep power. Obviously though you didn't want to make this stupid comment on your real profile so others could call the real you out for being a numbskull.

There is a lesson on HW/CW boxing for ya....

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        What's confusing you? Compare him to other cruiserweights and it shouldn't take you too long to verify that for a cruiserweight he is skinny. Better still, compare him to Haye when he fought at cruiserweight, the difference is night and day.

Ain't no bodybuilding contest, true, but my point was that Bellew doesn't have the physiological gifts to make the transition to HW and have any kind of success. He's a guy who carries very little muscle. So far, he's shown power at HW against second-tier opposition, but I'm still doubtful that he would hurt a legit elite level cruiserweight such as an Usyk or Glowacki or Lebedev or Drozd. And he certainly won't hurt Haye; if Haye can take clean right hands from Klitschko, I'm pretty sure he can ship a few clubbing, telegraphed shots from Bellew. But as I say, it's a moot point because he'll very likely be too quick (hands and feet) for Bellew to land anything of note. If there's one thing Bellew isn't, it's quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
          What's confusing you? Compare him to other cruiserweights and it shouldn't take you too long to verify that for a cruiserweight he is skinny. Better still, compare him to Haye when he fought at cruiserweight, the difference is night and day.

Ain't no bodybuilding contest, true, but my point was that Bellew doesn't have the physiological gifts to make the transition to HW and have any kind of success. He's a guy who carries very little muscle. So far, he's shown power at HW against second-tier opposition, but I'm still doubtful that he would hurt a legit elite level cruiserweight such as an Usyk or Glowacki or Lebedev or Drozd. And he certainly won't hurt Haye; if Haye can take clean right hands from Klitschko, I'm pretty sure he can ship a few clubbing, telegraphed shots from Bellew. But as I say, it's a moot point because he'll very likely be too quick (hands and feet) for Bellew to land anything of note. If there's one thing Bellew isn't, it's quick.
          he's a fat pudding at cruiser and he'll be an even fatter pudding at heavy.

but yeah i never rated tony, without wanting to sound harsh, i think hes one of the worst belt helders in the UK, he lost to masternek and beat an unknown quantity in makubu so credit where its due, but yea he is technically terrible and practically any half decent cruiserweight not only beats him, but knocks him spark out.

Ive said it before, this is clever by hearn, he knew bredis would of KO'd him for little $$$ so he's cashing him to be KO'd by haye in 1 round for $$$$$

Comment

I just don't see any way Bellew can win this fight. Haye has him beat at every post.

But hey, at least Bellew is getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
              I am not from the U.S. nor the U.K. and i can say that you are talking crap. Please name me MORE than one or two really valid HW fighters from any country at the moment (U.S., Canada, England, Russia, Cuba etc) I'll wait...

Your argument is dumb because Joshua is in fact the only really respected valid fighter from over there, EVERYONE outside of the U.K. thinks Fury is a big joke and beating an old boring Vlad (who for the better part of a decade was fighting no named bums from Europe) is not going to change that. Add to the fact that Fury has been stripped, is on coke and usually out of shape, he should serve as a negative strike on U.K. fighters not a positive. Fact of the Matter is in the HISTORY of boxing you have had Lennox Lewis whom partially claimed Candad and Jamaica as well as his Brittish heritage, and now Joshua. Bruno was always an opponent and only shone when against lesser names, never the kingpins. Haye is not a legitimate HW and won the belt from a gimmick 7 foot fighter, defended it against a washed up Brittish bum in Harrison, and than lost it to a boring, bum beating, Vlad.

CW division is HISTORICALLY poor and has been more used as a stepping stone for future HW's. List of top CW's ever is shabby in depth. You have Holyfield, Roy Jones, James Toney, Haye, Spinks, Qawi, Gomez and even Nelson come to mind and the rest are a bunch of who's who fighters. Only ONE of those fighters went onto have a LEGITIMATE HW career and that was Holyfield who was boss at HW for years and beat VALID legitimate HW beasts.

Long story short, you are talking out your arse and are gassed up because you have ONE valid HW fighter at the moment in Joshua. Historically there have been WAY more U.S. heavyweight fighters to be successful than there have been U.K. ones so whether you are talking current or in the past, your argument is silly and ill advised as someone like me will only shine a light on how truly poor the U.K. HW/CW scene has been over the past few decades.

Try posting from a valid account and not a troll one please with your 0 rep power. Obviously though you didn't want to make this stupid comment on your real profile so others could call the real you out for being a numbskull.

There is a lesson on HW/CW boxing for ya....
              There's a lot of this I disagree but, but critically, I think you're well and truly wrong about Joshua being the only respected fighter. I dislike Fury immensely, bordering on hate - however he earned a tremendous amount of respect when he ended Klitchko's reign. Any impartial fan shares that view.

People are salivating over Joshua's POTENTIAL, but you seem to be confusing that for respecting current production. Anyone worth a grain of salt knows that he bought a title and has proven next to nothing in the ring. His best wins are against a domestic level Euro guy who rocked him, the worst HW champ in history who had the strap because his opponent suffered a freak injury, and a bloke who's best win (despite being outpointed on the cards) was due to his opponent retiring from biting his own tongue.

Please don't confuse potential with production - legit fans in all countries know the difference, even in the US where it seems as if ignorance is a genetic trait.

Comment

Future Heavyweight VS former Super Middleweight...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  he's a fat pudding at cruiser and he'll be an even fatter pudding at heavy.

but yeah i never rated tony, without wanting to sound harsh, i think hes one of the worst belt helders in the UK, he lost to masternek and beat an unknown quantity in makubu so credit where its due, but yea he is technically terrible and practically any half decent cruiserweight not only beats him, but knocks him spark out.

Ive said it before, this is clever by hearn, he knew bredis would of KO'd him for little $$$ so he's cashing him to be KO'd by haye in 1 round for $$$$$
                  It's a funny one. Bellew is soft (next to no muscle tissue) with skinny arms. In a way, he's kind of fat and skinny at the same if you get what I mean. Anyway, we're in agreement that Hayemaker flattens him.

Comment

Working...
                  X