Clear All

Rubio would get destroyed now.
    This is boxing.
    Has GGG even been down in his career???

Please share if you know.

Comment

Great photos.
      Canelo is big enough to take on GGG.

Thanks for the chin check guy, pic. Funny.
      I love laughing. Keep them coming.

Comment

how is 25-0 green? thats a pretty experienced fighter as far as I'm concerned. has he got much better? we'll see

Comment

We should all just be thankful that this fight's happening......both really game fighters who are locking horns in 2 weeks.....what a war it's gonna be while it lasts......if lemeuix can land one cracker on triple GGG chin then it can be lights out for the kazakian ...and lemeuix is gonna throw plenty of nukes at his chin so know one really knows what can happen....on the other hand it's triple GGG with his superior timing & movement and all round boxing ability that's gonna me by pick for the night ...2 weeks my fellow troglodytes ....can't ****in wait

Comment

Most of the people are riding the favorite. It is not uncommon. A team or a fighter, that has looked unbeatable takes on another opponent, and most of the crowd lumps him with all the prior victims.

This guy or team cannot be beaten. Then comes the upset. Upsets happen all the time. Before the upset, all the commentators and public are extremely cynical toward the underdog. He has "No Chance." It takes some foresight and ability to distance from the "herd mentality" to get a true take, at times.

The thing I disagree with the most is that Lemieux is a limited slugger who has zero skills and that there is a huge gap between his boxing abilities and GGG's. I'm not seeing that. Lemieux does have good boxing skills. He has a good jab and the ability to throw different punches from angles. He's light on his feet.

I like GGG and all, but this is fight is much more even than that. People can say Rubio is just talking noise, but he did weather the storm against Lemieux far better than he did against GGG. This is a good fight that won't be an early stoppage for GGG or total domination.

My biggest concern is how well Lemieux takes the body shot. I don't think he'll crumble but he has something to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
              Most of the people are riding the favorite. It is not uncommon. A team or a fighter, that has looked unbeatable takes on another opponent, and most of the crowd lumps him with all the prior victims.

This guy or team cannot be beaten. Then comes the upset. Upsets happen all the time. Before the upset, all the commentators and public are extremely cynical toward the underdog. He has "No Chance." It takes some foresight and ability to distance from the "herd mentality" to get a true take, at times.

The thing I disagree with the most is that Lemieux is a limited slugger who has zero skills and that there is a huge gap between his boxing abilities and GGG's. I'm not seeing that. Lemieux does have good boxing skills. He has a good jab and the ability to throw different punches from angles. He's light on his feet.

I like GGG and all, but this is fight is much more even than that. People can say Rubio is just talking noise, but he did weather the storm against Lemieux far better than he did against GGG. This is a good fight that won't be an early stoppage for GGG or total domination.

My biggest concern is how well Lemieux takes the body shot. I don't think he'll crumble but he has something to prove.
              If anything that's what he's lacking so I'm stunned reading that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                If anything that's what he's lacking so I'm stunned reading that.

Well after this fight, I think there will be a lot more people who can see there is no big difference in boxing skills. In some ways Lemieux is BETTER. He is better on his feet. His upper body movement is quicker and more dynamic and he has obvious boxing skills.

One thing I always do, is make a decision on what I see and not on what I read posters say. So, I'll go with what I see and not what you and others say.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                  No rubio it wasn't the sauna that was killing you,it was that over the top left hook that killed you.
                  I believe Rubio. I have never known Rubio to not make weight. And trying to make weight when you have outgrown the weight can completely drain and deplete you. Take cotto for instance and how he was dropped regularly at 140 but now since he has moved up in weight he takes a punch much much better. When you are weight drained it completely dminishes your ability to take a punch. Rubio has proven himself to be a warrior and has faced big punchers in david and pavlik. He wasnt stopped in one rd by a bigger puncher in david and he went several hard rds with pavlik until his corner stopped the fight. So he can take a punch, I think his ko to ggg had more to do with being weak as opposed to ggg punching so hard. David is a harder pucnher than golovkin and rubio didn't succumb then. So why would he just fall over in the golovkin fight? Unless maybe because he was terribly weak.
                  Last edited by dray435; 10-03-2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbeatbaby View Post
                    how is 25-0 green? thats a pretty experienced fighter as far as I'm concerned. has he got much better? we'll see
                    I can highlight many foreign fighters with far better records who are still green. Very common in Mexico where the level of guys they are facing are not what you see at the pro level in the states. Don't look at the record look at where he fought and the names. For example look at canelo who had over 30 fights and was still a very young and green fighter because most of those fights early on were club fighters in mexico

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
                      Well after this fight, I think there will be a lot more people who can see there is no big difference in boxing skills. In some ways Lemieux is BETTER. He is better on his feet. His upper body movement is quicker and more dynamic and he has obvious boxing skills.

One thing I always do, is make a decision on what I see and not on what I read posters say. So, I'll go with what I see and not what you and others say.
                      Just.. wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X