No announcement yet.

Marriage - some questions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    Basically do you think its better to settle for someone as one approaches a particular age or to wait until you find someone you really want - however long that takes.

I am 28 and some change, I think its a decent age to get married, but have not found someone who ticks all boxes yet. Conversely, I am confident that if I settled, I could be married at 29, deffo before I hit 30 with a lady of some quality, but not what I truly want.

The other side of me thinks it better to wait until I meet the perfect girl. I know what I want (educated, funny, liberal, pretty to me), but finding her has proven difficult over the last 2-3 years, when I really started looking.

Tips or advice for a boxingscene bro.

Thanks,

I got married at 33 & divorced at 37.

It would have been quicker but I had to wait for the Green Card to come through.

Apart from a visa there's no reason to get married. Plenty of unmarried people are faithful. Probably more married people are unfaithful.

It's all about what's in your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      JDate.com....if you're into them :boobies:
      what is j date?

If its a religiously inclined site, no thanks. I am a very lapse Muslim, but religion has never played a role in who I date or try to date.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        what is j date?

If its a religiously inclined site, no thanks. I am a very lapse Muslim, but religion has never played a role in who I date or try to date.
        Yes it is a jewish inclined site but most people are regular folks

Comment

Seen. I was thinking something mainstream - match.com or something.

Comment

I think my standards are too high. I will try other avenues - dating sites et al.

Comment

You are going in the wrong direction, bro, cuz everyone is getting divorce.

Comment

Marriage is a bad joke in this day and age, save yourself the trouble and enjoy your life. Judging by current statistics there's a 50% chance it's not going to work out in the long run bro. Your life will be ruined and you will be back to square one wishing you hadn't even went down that treacherous journey. I'm saying this due to the vibe I'm getting from you, seems like you are ready to jump into this thing as you feel you're getting older and it's "time". Bang as many woman as you want, take up a new hobby, travel the world, and connect with as many human beings as you can. I don't know why people see marriage as a way of completing their life in someway.
                Last edited by _original_; 09-25-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Marriage is a bad joke in this day and age, save yourself the trouble and enjoy your life. Judging by current statistics there's a 50% chance it's not going to work out in the long run bro. Your life will be ruined and you will be back to square one wishing you hadn't even went down that treacherous journey. I'm saying this due to the vibe I'm getting from you, seems like you are ready to jump into this thing as you feel you're getting older and it's "time". Bang as many woman as you want, take up a new hobby, travel the world, and connect with as many human beings as you can. I don't know why people see marriage as a way of completing their life in someway.
                  sounds like you've been thru a bad experience...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    sounds like you've been thru a bad experience...
                    Quite a few...

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Quite a few...
                      I went thru hell with my first relationship had a kid but never married 5 years after that I met someone and I've been married for 5 years since and things are better than ever...you can't let bad experiences take control over your life...

Comment

Working...
                      X