No announcement yet.

If Hulk Hogan came out today instead of the early 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocks! View Post
    Wonderful, he is an outstanding athlete. Who won this years Rumble I don't watch it as much anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Wonderful, he is an outstanding athlete. Who won this years Rumble I don't watch it as much anymore.
      Some Mexican, Del Rio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        That is my point so only another face could be in his spot and not a heel, he really just had Lex and an old ass Macho man to compete with.
        How do you rate Macho Man's legacy? Do you think the slim jim jerky campaign hurt him?

Comment

Some Mexican, Del Rio.
          Oh Alberto Del Rio, he was feuding with Rey on Smackdown, thats a bit of a surprise since he only debuted like 10 months ago.

He is a good heel and I see potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
            How do you rate Macho Man's legacy? Do you think the slim jim jerky campaign hurt him?
            He was like a Hogan substitute, he was better than the Warrior though and actually was one of the few guys who got a decent match out of him like Rick Rude did.

Comment

• I've never understood this claim that Bret Hart couldn't cut a promo.If you look back on his angle with Austin in late 96/early 97,he was cutting some awesome promo's.They had a realistic edge to them that wasn't common in the company at that particular time.His promo after he was 'screwed' at the Royal Rumble,and the one where he completely lost it,shoved McMahon on his arse and started cussing were classics.

His promo's in Memphis against Lawler and the hicks were hilarious,too:

Comment

Cena's time is weaker - who does he have as his rivals in WWE?

Orton? Decent heel, nothing more.

The Miz? Lamest gimmick ever

Sheamus? Don't make me laugh.

RVD? Not dedicated enough. Lazy performer.

Really, when Lesnar was still in the WWE he was head and shoulders above Cena.

Hart had the Undertaker, Michaels, Sid, Kane, Diesel, Austin, Bulldog, Owen etc etc as his contemporaries and he led the industry for a while.

That's immense.

Cena feud with edge was really good.some classic stuff come out of that like the TLC match and edge cashing in the MITB on cena

Comment

Heel or face, they're still vying for public recognition - Orton's character is certainly a heel but he is accepted by the audience as somewhat of a face, sort of like Austin.

The point is Hart was at the top when there were greater wrestlers in the game - Cena shot to the top after HBK & HHH played out their feuds, when Lesnar left and when Angle left.

As a matter of fact, the greener version of Cena cut better promos and was a better performer than the hack-job you see now.

I'm sure you've seen his debut in the WWE vs Kurt Angle? That's easily his best match and tops everything he's done since then.

I liked his thuganomics promos better also, than the crap he does now.

HHH & HBK were nearing the end of their careers and they were busy with reforming DX and putting a stamp on their legacies to care about title shots.

McMahon realised his older stars were on the way out so he decided to build his younger wrestlers. Why do you think a lameass like Sheamus is a 2 time champ? Or the Miz?

I'm surprised that John Morrison hasn't been pushed too far. He is a far better wrestler than his former tag-team partner and cuts better promos.
                  Sheamus was champ because he become friends with triple h
                  Triple h got him his push

Comment

• No chance. Wrestling right now is shite.

Comment

• Michael Cole destroys the haters

Michael Cole is the best > JR

1.17 onwards destroys R-truth

I laughed when Vince humiliated him and drafted him to smackdown without telling him

Comment

Working...
                      X