Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since Conor Mccgregor's "secret" fighting style, is fighting like Naseem Haamad....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Conor Mccgregor's "secret" fighting style, is fighting like Naseem Haamad....

Who wins, Floyd vs a bigger version of Naseem

5:00 mark

https://youtu.be/Df86J0RZJLE?t=5m
    Last edited by MurkaMan; 08-24-2017, 05:50 PM.

That comment by Cortez definitely makes me more curious about this fight. I'm already curious what Conor can bring to boxing & how his awkwardness can find success or not.

Comment

Naseem Hamed is still officially a HOF boxer and had very solid fundamentals under all the awkwardness when he needed to, which won't be the case for Conor. Look at the Kelley fight, he started to use his brain more after the first or second round and got the job done. He had genuine KO power in both hands too. His only loss was a decision against a great version of Barrera, no shame there at all really.

He could remind folk of Hamed, but it doesn't mean he can do what Hamed could.

That said, Floyd v Hamed would have been pretty interesting just due to styles but Floyd would have beaten him. Floyd would find to many flaws in Hamed.

Naz was a great fighter though and i wish we had seen him v Barrera before his hands were shot and he wasn't struggling badly with the weight but it is what it is.

Comment

I can see the sense in not bothering with any boxing trainers during his camp. His awkwardness will surely the only thing stopping Mayweather from dispensing with his usual 2 round feeling out process and lighting Conor up from the get go.

I still wont believe this fight is happening until there in there.

It's just sooo shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          That comment by Cortez definitely makes me more curious about this fight. I'm already curious what Conor can bring to boxing & how his awkwardness can find success or not.
          I been saying it for a while. Its the unknown that makes this fight dangerous. And hearing Floyd Sr say how Floyd aint training like he used to. They judged Conor by his MMA fights and that video Conor leaked of him getting beat up, while doing the shoulder roll.

The sport will look like a fool if Floyd dont smash him, I know that much. I can see an instance, where Floyd's punch resistance is shot, and Conor lands some big things. If it isnt shot, the power wont affect him at all.

I just hope Floyd goes out on top for the sport of boxing. We dont want to see Floyd head hunting like in the Cotto fight, while Conor just effortlessly slips to the side, due to him being longer, taller, and awkward

Comment

That's not a good thing if Conor fights like him.

Comment

Cons arms and body movements can be all over the place, his chin is stuck up like a totem pole and hardly moves , Floyds counter striking reflexes are trained to hit that chin from the slightest opening of like a hair trigger, I think once the bum rush is over with Floyd will tee off on that stationary head movement and the body is there to be hit also.

Barrera boxed the ears of Hamad and Floyd would do it easier.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                And hearing Floyd Sr say how Floyd aint training like he used to.
                Was this in a video or something? I didn't catch it.

The way Floyd is playing up the lack of training makes me think its a ploy on his part, but if Floyd Sr is saying that & its not obvious he's goofing or trying to lie then thats not a good thing.

Maybe Floyd legit don't give a f#ck these days. He's been saying a lot of weird sh^t about the only thing he cares about is his kids are healthy & seems to indicate his boxing legacy isn't THAT important to him. So if he can half ass it & get $300M & be setup forever its a great bargain vs putting in hard work & dedication one last time. Seems unlikely he'd flip things like that, but who knows what a 40 year old, 2 year retired Floyd is thinking about.

Comment

The way Floyd is playing up the lack of training makes me think its a ploy on his part, but if Floyd Sr is saying that & its not obvious he's goofing or trying to lie then thats not a good thing.

Maybe Floyd legit don't give a f#ck these days. He's been saying a lot of weird sh^t about the only thing he cares about is his kids are healthy & seems to indicate his boxing legacy isn't THAT important to him. So if he can half ass it & get $300M & be setup forever its a great bargain vs putting in hard work & dedication one last time. Seems unlikely he'd flip things like that, but who knows what a 40 year old, 2 year retired Floyd is thinking about.
                  Snr didn't say that in the context its being said here, he said Floyd is not what he was and is training different because of his age, you got to include before and after the comment to see what is he is actually saying.

It should be common sense that he cant be like he was in his prime and much younger, be like saying Bhop trained for Kov the same as he did years ago when MW.

This says he is top shape.

Last edited by Reloaded; 08-24-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Floyd Sr said it on multiple interviews that he noticed that Floyd missed a step "But he doing enough for a guy like this"

Floyd overtrained for Cotto. Leading up to the fight they kept saying it over and over again that they feared he would peek too soon. He looked shot in the first 3 rounds. Then the first day of training, for Ghost Floyd Sr said "You training too much...Your 36 not 26...Train less, and let your body heal. Then you will see results"

And during the showtime 6 fight contract, Floyd said his problem (between #44-49) was getting up out of bead and getting to the gym. He said once he get to the gym, he is good to go.

So with Floyd saying recently, even at his media workout, "At this age, I train less so I can let my body heal" It sounded like he was giving himself an excuse to be lazy. Like he was training far less, than what he did from the Ghost fight to the Pac fight.

Because back then, he hated getting up, but now he probably hate getting up, and even doing any running. I barely seen him doing anything for this fight, and all his sparring partners seem like they were lying.

Except Dequan, who only recently began sparring Floyd, so he was jocking.
                    Last edited by MurkaMan; 08-24-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X