Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would put up the better fight against prime RJJ at 168? Canelo or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Stop it. If Nelo can make Sissy-g back up then Roy would drop Sissy-g in a heartbeat.
    If you read carefully, I said that. GGG is more likely to open up more and throw more punches than Canelo. I said the fight would be more competitive for as long as it lasts because Gennady gets hit a lot more than Canelo and would probably get stopped as a result of it.

I said that Roy would pot-shot Canelo at will because Alvarez is more of a counter puncher with great defensive skills who doesn't allow his opponents many openings to catch him flush or cleanly.

It's more likely than not that Roy won't take the bait and coast to a decision win against Canelo like Floyd did. He won't fall into the trap of staying in the pocket too long in order to get countered by Ginger. I see the fight playing out similarly to Jones fight against the counter punching James Toney by staying on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Roy would K.O. golovkin early.
      No, GGG has an amazing chin. RJJ most likely outpoint him.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        If you read carefully, I said that. GGG is more likely to open up more and throw more punches than Canelo. I said the fight would be more competitive for as long as it lasts because Gennady gets hit a lot more than Canelo and would probably get stopped as a result of it.

I said that Roy would pot-shot Canelo at will because Alvarez is more of a counter puncher with great defensive skills who doesn't allow his opponents many openings to catch him flush or cleanly.

It's more likely than not that Roy won't take the bait and coast to a decision win against Canelo like Floyd did. He won't fall into the trap of staying in the pocket too long in order to get countered by Ginger. I see the fight playing out similarly to Jones fight against the counter punching James Toney by staying on the outside.
        Again there was no Advanced Drug Testing in RJJ's time. You cant compare VADA or USADA to basic commission testing. The Dark reality is HBO swept that under the rug. I mean in Indiana? Both fighters are from where?

Do you think Floyd was right to demand advanced drug testing with Pacquiao? YOu should be a champion4ever answering this question...

Comment

RJJ would've done a number on both in his prime. For Canelo it would've been Mayweather pt2 except with more power and lots of showboating. Golovkin doesn't have the speed to do more than jab Roy to death.

Comment

With James it went the distance so if Roy can K.O. Sissy-g how would it be "more competitive"?? Sissy-g aint hard to find with punches, at ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              No, GGG has an amazing chin. RJJ most likely outpoint him.
              Amazing chin against WHO? Nelo who moved UP in weight?!?! Negative! Roy K.O.'s an easy target in golovkin.

Comment

Honestly, RJJ would be a terrible match up for both fighters. There is going to be nothing Canelo could do here. Both will be too small and just over matched.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
                  Again there was no Advanced Drug Testing in RJJ's time. You cant compare VADA or USADA to basic commission testing. The Dark reality is HBO swept that under the rug. I mean in Indiana? Both fighters are from where?

Do you think Floyd was right to demand advanced drug testing with Pacquiao? YOu should be a champion4ever answering this question...
                  Here's the deal. Do I think he was probably on something sure but proving it, is a totally different thing.

Also, that is not enough for me to besmirch and malign his character without knowing all the facts, proof or evidence to back up the claim that he cheated.

He fought many times in the state of Nevada before and not once did he ever popped dirty for steroid use. All of his tests came back negative. Then again he fought, many times in the state of New York as well and yet still he never popped dirty for any steroid use.

So there is the presumption of innocence you know and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. So, just for argument sake, I am willing to give RJJ the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, if he said it was Ripped Fuel, then Ripped Fuel it was.

Moreover, what does that tell you about the state of Indiana; Some third rate governing body with no license, authority or permission to test for anabolic steroids?

I am not exonerating Roy or even saying that he is innocent. All I am saying is before one start implicating and insinuating someone's guilt before knowing all the facts, proof and evidence first is a bit disingenious to me.

In addition, you mentioned USADA and VADA. Remember that designer drugs weren't even around during Roy Jones career. Moreover, Roy was never implicated in the Balco scandal that rocked both Major League Baseball, Track and Field and Boxing.

Comment

Here's the deal. Do I think he was probably on something sure but proving it, is a totally different thing.

Also, that is not enough for me to besmirch and malign his character without knowing all the facts, proof or evidence to back up the claim that he cheated.

He fought many times in the state of Nevada before and not once did he ever popped dirty for steroid use. All of his tests came back negative. Then again he fought, many times in the state of New York as well and yet still he never popped dirty for any steroid use.

So there is the presumption of innocence you know and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. So, just for argument sake, I am willing to give RJJ the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, if he said it was Ripped Fuel, then Ripped Fuel it was.

Moreover, what does that tell you about the state of Indiana; Some third rate governing body with no license, authority or permission to test for anabolic steroids?

I am not exonerating Roy or even saying that he is innocent. All I am saying is before one start implicating and insinuating someone's guilt before knowing all the facts, proof and evidence first is a bit disingenious to me.

In addition, you mentioned USADA and VADA. Remember that designer drugs weren't even around during Roy Jones career. Moreover, Roy was never implicated in the Balco scandal that rocked both Major League Baseball, Track and Field and Boxing.
                    Whats this “proving” you keep speaking about?

The Dark days of HBO are long gone. The fact that that there was a THRESHOLD FOR ANABOLIC STEROIDS is in insane for the context the Indiana State Commission disclosed. The fact is both RJJ and Hall tested positive and the fight was in Indiana. This was all predetermined. I don’t know what the circumstances were, but my god those facts compared to today don’t add up at all other than the 80 and 90s were big time years in sports. If steroid use could be cleared for medical treatment healing a side many NFL players or MLB players destroying tendons and cartilage then what makes you think boxing didn’t take advantage of that considering it wasn’t regulated?

The facts were disclosed about RJJ. Overall everybody liked Roy. In theory he was whom blew up HBO and had its loyal folllowing for even HBO post subscribers when he retired for commentary.

Comment

I am not exonerating Roy or even saying that he is innocent.
                      But he is innocent. I don't like people dragging Roy's good name through the dirt....

Comment

Working...
                      X