No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins says you can buy GGG tickets using a foodstamp card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins says you can buy GGG tickets using a foodstamp card

Those cards are loaded with money to. I think he's saying they've set up EBT cash assistance purchases. You need a seperate card reader for that. It's legal but damn

“I don’t know. Possibly. You can’t force it. You can’t force GGG to fight. Listen, GGG went on and said some things that, you know, he’s not even looking forward [to fighting Canelo again] — I’ve heard mixed messages from both sides. Listen, we know who the cash cow is. We know who the guy to bring the numbers in. GGG need a dance partner, they giving tickets away! You know they cut, slash the prices down. I think you can get a ticket with a EBT card. No disrespect to welfare, I grew up on it.

“I’ve never seen in a boxing event where you literally...you can have your card and get a boxing ticket to a supposedly — right — worldwide, top of the level boxing match! I want the people out there to feed their kids first...this is absurd. This is really an abuse of the system.”
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.badlefthook.com/platform/amp/2018/5/4/17318762/hopkins-you-can-buy-golovkin-martirosyan-tickets-with-an-ebt-card

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Those cards are loaded with money to. I think he's saying they've set up EBT cash assistance purchases. You need a seperate card reader for that. It's legal but damn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bad...th-an-ebt-card
    Can you make $1 dollar ticket purchases in payments?

What's the capacity for the Stubhub? I don't think ticket sales would exceed 15K. This is ATG gate sales!

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
      Can you make $1 dollar ticket purchases in payments?

What's the capacity for the Stubhub? I don't think ticket sales would exceed 15K. This is ATG gate sales!
      Capacity is around 8k but you can add seating

Comment

Still can’t stop laughing. Hahahhaha

Comment

I am going to reply the Hopkins farewell fight with Joe Smith again just so I can feel better after reading this.

Comment

The face of boxing can’t sell for shyt??? But, but, but it’s on short notice. Bull shyt, if he was so popular, shyt would have sold out in one day.

How are these broke bum Triple Flop fans gonna spin this? Should be fun.

Comment

its really no surprise...the way they've sold tix in the past someone compared it to going to a minor league baseball game

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bad...th-an-ebt-card

Hopkins is a fishnets puppet. Where was Hopkins talking all this mess about giving free tickets in Ward's fight. In Oakland they were giving out tickets to Ward's fights at my barber shop, they were giving it at local church's and I know a dude who was even trying to give them away at church's (chicken).

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post

So I got LOWER LEVEL tickets to the fight, but should I go? Or should I stay at home and save money on gas, toll, parking, and food/drinks?

As you can see, for LOWER LEVEL seats, they were free. FREE.

How does this guy think he's a PPV star etc when tickets to his fight (at HIS home town) can't even sell and people are handing them out for free just to fill up the seats to give it the illusion that there are people actually there.

Mercito Gesta in Vegas, for nose bleeds, were even on sale for $50, while Ward, has free LOWER LEVEL tickets for free. I've heard of free upper level but LOWER LEVEL!!! lmao.

I'll probably just go and then stream the Porter fight on my phone.
                Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                How did you even get them for free
                Was sitting down waiting to get a cut at the barber shop.

But if you really want to go, just go to Oracle before the fight and you'll get in. Pretty sure they're giving free upper level, so once you're in, just walk down to lower level
                is clenelo being tested right now or is he off eating "tainted meat"

Comment

Hopkins is a fishnets puppet. Where was Hopkins talking all this mess about giving free tickets in Ward's fight. In Oakland they were giving out tickets to Ward's fights at my barber shop, they were giving it at local church's and I know a dude who was even trying to give them away at church's (chicken).

is clenelo being tested right now or is he off eating "tainted meat"
                  wards fans and promoter never claimed that ward some big superstar as far as a draw

loeffler acts and talks as if ggg is on canelos level...and clearly he isn't...

you want to try and false equivalencies.....golovkin fanboys often have to resort to that

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    its really no surprise...the way they've sold tix in the past someone compared it to going to a minor league baseball game
                    It would likely been the exact same thing happening If he choose Deryevechenko, not that I'm saying he shouldn't pick that fight because of that, but the guy is from Kazakhstan he isn't a privileged American who get the benefit of the doubt like Hopkins and many others.

Comment

Working...
                    X