No announcement yet.

Beatles or Rolling Stones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    my knock against the stones is jaggers voice. both bands drummers are basic AF.

i actually enjoy listening to j, p & g sing.
    True, but Ringo was the people's drummer, real popular with the fans. I guess the fans gravitated towards him because he was like the everyday man playing with three exceptional talents.

I've literally heard little girls who can drum and play more complicated beats. I like Ringo, but he was lucky to be in the right band.

I like Jaggers voice, but Beatles were on another level when it came to songwriting and experimention. There's a reason why both hardcore music fans and casual pop music fans usually choose the Beatles over the Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      True, but Ringo was the people's drummer, real popular with the fans. I guess the fans gravitated towards him because he was like the everyday man playing with three exceptional talents.

I've literally heard little girls who can drum and play more complicated beats. I like Ringo, but he was lucky to be in the right band.

I like Jaggers voice, but Beatles were on another level when it came to songwriting and experimention. There's a reason why both hardcore music fans and casual pop music fans usually choose the Beatles over the Stones.
      watts, ringo and chris slade have to be the most basic drummers around.

snare, kick, high hat, repeat.

ringo had personality and a dope name (beats dick starkey), ill give him that.

jaggers voice, such that it is, fits the band. i wont be quick to give eddie vedder any vocal awards but it fit his band/genre. some people feel a quality singing voice cant possibly be sincere. only voices like tom waits, lou reed and bob dylan are authentic and meaningful. ''pure honest emotion''

imho, the beatles did it all. the crappy bubble gum crap, the rock outs, the ballads, the trippy shlt.....nothing against stones fans but it really isnt close....imHO.

Comment

The Zombies >The Beatles >The Rolling Stones.

Comment

The Stones sound is very original. They don't sound like anyone else and nobody since sounds like them.

Comment

Beatles 118-110, clear cut UD.

Comment

the beatles weren't much more than a pop band. the stones are a much more dynamic, deeper band. deeper library of albums, just a better band.

it is not even close! stones >

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                The Stones sound is very original. They don't sound like anyone else and nobody since sounds like them.

thtye've got 50 original sounds, too. everything from folk music, pop, punk, blues, rock and roll, everything. FFS this is not close! you'd need to pay me to sit down and listen to every Beatles album. most of it was pop garbage written to get 16 year old girls screaming.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  The Zombies >The Beatles >The Rolling Stones.

lol.......... and i like hte zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    watts, ringo and chris slade have to be the most basic drummers around.

snare, kick, high hat, repeat.

ringo had personality and a dope name (beats dick starkey), ill give him that.

jaggers voice, such that it is, fits the band. i wont be quick to give eddie vedder any vocal awards but it fit his band/genre. some people feel a quality singing voice cant possibly be sincere. only voices like tom waits, lou reed and bob dylan are authentic and meaningful. ''pure honest emotion''

imho, the beatles did it all. the crappy bubble gum crap, the rock outs, the ballads, the trippy shlt.....nothing against stones fans but it really isnt close....imHO.

dude no! this is not an opinion, the stones did a hell of a lot more!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      dude no! this is not an opinion, the stones did a hell of a lot more!
                      admittedly, my stones knowledge is lacking.

teto.

we both walk away happy with our choices

Comment

Working...
                      X