Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson Discussion

UFC 209 will be held on March 4, 2017

I like both guys, but Khabib will win. Nothing will stop him on his path of destruction towards Conor and the Lightweight Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
      I like both guys, but Khabib will win. Nothing will stop him on his path of destruction towards Conor and the Lightweight Championship.
      Same.

Ferguson has been one of the best, unknown fighters until recently when his name finally came to the forefront.

He's been dominating for 3 years or so.

The thing about Ferguson is he can be very unpredictable - with Khabib, you know exactly what he's going to do (he's just so damn good at doing it, nobody can stop him.)

Ferguson's striking is definitely better than Khabibs, and he is the most rangy opponent khabib has faced (Johnson was the perfect opponent to get ready for Ferguson's length, and although Johnson beat Tony like 4-5 years ago, Ferguson is a much, MUCH better wrestler, and grappler, and a slightly better striker now too, IMO).

He could easily catch Khabib coming in, and it'll be interesting to see if he can stuff Khabib's takedowns.

Still, I'm with you - I think it's only a matter of time before Khabib gets ahold of Ferguson, and does his thing.

I'm really excited for this fight, as well as the rematch with Woodley, and Thompson.

I still think Conor stops Khabib - that straight left will find it's mark before Khabib can close the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        Same.

Ferguson has been one of the best, unknown fighters until recently when his name finally came to the forefront.

He's been dominating for 3 years or so.

The thing about Ferguson is he can be very unpredictable - with Khabib, you know exactly what he's going to do (he's just so damn good at doing it, nobody can stop him.)

Ferguson's striking is definitely better than Khabibs, and he is the most rangy opponent khabib has faced (Johnson was the perfect opponent to get ready for Ferguson's length, and although Johnson beat Tony like 4-5 years ago, Ferguson is a much, MUCH better wrestler, and grappler, and a slightly better striker now too, IMO).

He could easily catch Khabib coming in, and it'll be interesting to see if he can stuff Khabib's takedowns.

Still, I'm with you - I think it's only a matter of time before Khabib gets ahold of Ferguson, and does his thing.

I'm really excited for this fight, as well as the rematch with Woodley, and Thompson.

I still think Conor stops Khabib - that straight left will find it's mark before Khabib can close the distance.
        I favor Conor to beat Khabib as well. For me, it comes down to McGregor's toughness: I believe Khabib can definitely get him down (and probably more than once), but if Conor can manage to survive to the end of the round, he can get another chance at the beginning of the next one to spark him out.

On the flipside, it probably won't take too many left hands to take Khabib out. If he times one perfectly enough, it may only take one.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
          I favor Conor to beat Khabib as well. For me, it comes down to McGregor's toughness: I believe Khabib can definitely get him down (and probably more than once), but if Conor can manage to survive to the end of the round, he can get another chance at the beginning of the next one to spark him out.
          Conor is the man, but the problem is he isn't that tough on the ground. He's been taken out 3 times on the ground in his career. All of them looked like he tapped quick to me & most. Granted I'm not the one being choked the f#ck out so its easy for me to say, but you know what I mean. Khabib hasn't been Mr. Submission since he's gotten into the UFC or anything, but I have little doubt he'll dominate & very likely submit him if it gets on the floor. If Conor gets taken down in the 2nd minute of a round he's not making it to the end of the round.

As for Khabib vs Tony, I'm rooting for Tony cuz I think he's one of the more entertaining guys in MMA & I think Tony vs Conor is a much funner fight, but I think Khabib is likely to take this one too with his ground superiority.

Comment

Khabib will win. I am really interested to see Mcgregor vs Khabib. This is truly a 50 / 50 fight in my opinion. Either Khabib gets Mcgregor to the ground and brutalizes him for 5 rounds or gets a submission, or Mcgregor catches him with a bomb coming in and finishes him off quickly. Can't wait to find out how this will play out.

Comment

Working...
            X