Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 will mark 5 years since Calzaghe retired,will he get in the hall of fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Of course he will. Just find where ever Floyd is on the atg list & place JC on the notch above. Easy $h1t.
    u go a little too tardish for your own good sometimes.

Comment

i have no issue with calzaghe getting in but hes not getting in on the strength of his resume alone. there are a lot of ppl out there with similar resumes or even better and they arent in.

Comment

Yes, he will.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          i have no issue with calzaghe getting in but hes not getting in on the strength of his resume alone. there are a lot of ppl out there with similar resumes or even better and they arent in.
          There are people with much better resume's that aren't in.

Comment

He was a truly talented fighter who could have given us some great fights.

But he chose to play it safe, maybe through a lack of confidence in his own talent. But mainly to preserve the one thing he realised defined him. His unbeaten record.

And that's fine. But I don't think we should bestow greatness on a fighter who didn't want to seek it.

Let's keep it real. Ward has already eclipsed him as a SMW. If Andre retired now, would he go into the Hall of Fame based on what he's done?

Or does he need to rack up 15 fights against the Pudwills and Kalems of this world before he would be HOF worthy?

Comment

He think he gets in eventually but not first ballot

Comment

he should be in the hall of shame with the amount of bums he fought.

Comment

do nothing for 13 years, disgrace boxing with early stoppages, fight a couple good fighters, get a controversial win and look terrible, retire while avoiding everyone else. no.

Comment

Yeah, he'll get in eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
                      Yes or no will Joe be a 1st ballot Hall of famer in 2013.......vote and discuss
                      No! If he had fought rematch against Hopkins and beaten him soundly and then fought and beat Chad Dawson, I would say he deserved some consideration. However, when you fight the likes of Tocker Pudwill and Contender Series losers, you don't even deserve consideration for the HOF.

Comment

Working...
                      X