Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Spence get a pass for fighting Ocampo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
    Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

And don't give me the "everyone is scared" BS

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

This is unacceptable. And I'm disgusted
    Cos spence is the fuking man! He gets ducked by all the pretenders not his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
      Probably because we use Golovkin as a benchmark and he got 37 or more passes!!! Next!!
      Who were actually available in Glovkin's case?
      Here we have Berto, Alexander, Collazo, Garcia, Porter, Ortiz, too many to list.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        Who were actually available in Glovkin's case?
        Here we have Berto, Alexander, Collazo, Garcia, Porter, Ortiz, too many to list.
        This fight was ordered by the IBF. He would get strupped for not fighting his mandatory and we have no idea if those guys would even fight Spence. We know Porter and Garcia are fighting each other as well, so....

Comment

Either he fights him or drops the title he just won

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Blame the IBF, not Spence. There's no way a guy like Ocampo should be getting a shot without winning a good eliminator first
            Ponomarov ducked spence to become brooks mandatory. Then ducked ocampo twice to become Spence’s mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              if ocampo was champ i think even floyd comes out of retirement to cherry pick another belt.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

And don't give me the "everyone is scared" BS

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

This is unacceptable. And I'm disgusted
                Who should he fight instead?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  So this applies to Joshua having to fight Povetkin also?

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    Yeah, Brook, Glovkin and others got all kinds of hate when they were fighting their mandatories.
                    This is even worse because a long line of more recognizable welters are available and are in his own backyard.
                    Collazo would have been a much better alternative, for one.
                    Haymon and Espinoza can't do anything about it.
                    Just imagine if these were under Loeffler, Arum, Hoya's control, etc.
                    Who should he be fighting instead?

Comment

M-A-N-D-A-T-O-R-Y

You should know how it works by now.

Besides that who else is available? Crawford was scheduled, Garcia and Porter scheduled, Thurman.... Thurman, Khan was in the middle of Ramadan.

That leaves you with Berto, Ortiz, Alexander level guys.

Either way you'd be asking this question based on how everything broke down.

Comment

Working...
                      X