Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Christianity the most compromising belief?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear it. Even in Israel, some Jewish people say God doesn’t exist. Nobody cares, and nobody hurts them, gay atheists who live in Israel publicly state they do not believe in God!

I feel for you brother, thanks for sharing.
    is double edged sword of freedom. after soeharto dictatorship ended suddenly indonesian have so much freedom. freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of sexuality, etc... i see many became more liberal but we also see the rise of muslim fundamentalist. they use religion to create fear and they are succeed planting their roots in the goverment.

i swear at sometimes i miss the time when soeharto was in reign. back then almost no women wear hijab, no long holiday during ramadhan. rightnow wearing hijab are mandatory for muslim students in 70% public school

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
      is double edged sword of freedom. after soeharto dictatorship ended suddenly indonesian have so much freedom. freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of sexuality, etc... i see many became more liberal but we also see the rise of muslim fundamentalist. they use religion to create fear and they are succeed planting their roots in the goverment.

i swear at sometimes i miss the time when soeharto was in reign. back then almost no women wear hijab, no long holiday during ramadhan. rightnow wearing hijab are mandatory for muslim students in 70% public school
      Too bad, extreme stuff is bad in general! Sorry to hear it!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        No, but it sure does act like one........

There is nothing religious about it. Not believing in fairytales and religious bullshit doesn't make an atheist act like a religious person.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          It seems bizarre to me when people say that Atheism is a religion.

I know it has been explained over and over how Atheism is not a religion. So it just seems as though it is theists being brazen liars to push their bizarre agendas.

If you have to lie to push your agenda, perhaps your agenda needs to be re-evaluated.

As has been said: Atheism is a religion in the same way that not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Most of these religious people have been brainwashed since being born and know nothing else, the thought of people being freethinkers and thinking for themselves without being told by religion how to live their lives does not sit well with them.

Comment

It is a religion, you got that right. They claim to believe in facts, that they can’t prove.

The postulate new bull all the time, sometimes based on tenuous scientific research.

They speak of the Oort cloud as the birth place of comets, but even Oort never saw the Oort Cloud. He postulated it’s existence while taking a dump.

Oort cloud definition is - a spherical shell of cometary bodies believed to surround the sun far beyond the orbits of the outermost planets and from which some are dislodged when perturbed to fall toward the sun.

...........Talking of brainwashed people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
              ...........Talking of brainwashed people.
              I guess I’m brainwashed, as are a lot of Jewish scientists and inventors. I never let my religious beliefs interfere with my career as an engineer.

Have you ever read the Torah? Don’t, you know too much already, or so you think!

Yet thinking something, anything has never made it so! Talk about brainwashing!

Comment

I’ve enjoyed the company of a few nice Indonesian wimmin who attended Cal at the same time that I did. They were cute and had lots of money. At the time, I equated Indonesian students with sex, money, and intelligence! After college, Indonesian dudes were seen as studs for getting paid to **** Japanese wimmin!

Now that’s something to be proud of!

Comment

I guess I’m brainwashed, as are a lot of Jewish scientists and inventors. I never let my religious beliefs interfere with my career as an engineer.

Have you ever read the Torah? Don’t, you know too much already, or so you think!

Yet thinking something, anything has never made it so! Talk about brainwashing!

If people want to believe in fairytales and nonsense made up from copying other religions/beliefs; just don't preach that crap to me or try and control my life with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
                    If people want to believe in fairytales and nonsense made up from copying other religions/beliefs; just don't preach that crap to me or try and control my life with it.
                    I promise not to! Who am I to proffer any unsolicited advice!

Comment

sigh... this?? you provide this old pictures for your argument???

let me tell you story, i am an atheist living in muslim country indonesia. i am affraid to come-out as an atheist in this supposedly "moderate" country, i fear for my live, i fear for the safety of my entire family eventhough they are all devoted muslim.
                      several years ago one man was beaten and hospitalized for coming out as an atheist in the neighbouring province. the police have to pull him out of hospital and keep treating him in jail to keep him save. last year the governor of jakarta sentence to 2 years in jail because he said "the people have to separate religion from the state".

this is happen in my beloved country indonesia which u.s & euro liberal left paint as example of moderate muslim.

finally my point is. i dont think this will happen in u.s or other first world christian country.
                      I'm just explaining how things never change. If you want more current examples just go on Facebook and read the comments about people kneeling for the anthem or about police brutality.

Tons of comments from Christian white America "leave the country if you don't like it", "they should be shot if they don't cooperate".

And if you aren't safe and fear for your family's health then go somewhere else where you are more accepted.

Comment

Working...
                      X