No announcement yet.

Fury has a real strong mentality......I really like this guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    Fury is a good dude, but I really don't understand what these so called boxing fans are seeing when they call him overrated or when they pick an amatuer liker wilder to beat him lol

There isn't a better heavyweight out there. None.

He beats Wilder and Joshua easy.
    I think people do understand that he is a great boxer especially for a big guy / HW and moves well but like everyone knows, he had lots of inactivity, drug abuse, depression, crazy weight gain and all that... Those kind of things tax the body and mind a lot and change people. Now, everyone is different and hard to say how they affected Fury but he did not look too good in his comeback fights so there's that too

I picked Fury by decision but wouldnt be surprised to see Wilder by KO or dec if he hurts Fury badly and if Fury then goes into the survival mode. But we'll see what happens soon

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
      No it's a sign of a dude who had a unique talent to fall back on. I commend him for making a comeback, but all this over the top praise is crazy.
      the implication here is that you either:
      (a) don't believe Fury
      ...or...
      (b) don't know what you're talking about

fwiw, a depressed person can be cool to hang out with, whilst at the same time be suffering a great deal on the inside. hate to be that dude, but really, the biggest opponent any of us will ever face is ourselves - if Fury is not lying, and has battled his demons, that's one hell of thing to come through man

You look at many great people, they had near-death experiences, or mental breakdowns, and they came back like in some sort of 'invincibility mode'. I mean, maybe you won't care to look this up, but if you do, here are some examples just off the top of my head: David Hume, Hitler, Mao, William James, John Stuart Mill... it's a pattern that you will see amongst many, many truly great people, to have overcome some form of severe hardship in their lives. but yeah, i suppose you probably just think he's lying
      Last edited by HeadBodyBodyBody; 12-01-2018, 08:52 PM. Reason: Not saying Hitler or Mao are 'great people' btw haha, just that they did some extraordinary sh#t

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I make Wilder the fav but there are too many intangibles with this fight to give an accurate assessment so I'm not even gonna try, Im just going to enjoy it and may the best man win

Fury's mentality is second to none, in fact if he didn't have it, I don't think he would be a world champion calibre fighter. His belief is so deluded, almost to a psychotic level, to the point where he genuinely believes he's the best heavyweight that's ever lived it and it actually elevates him to another level.
        Yeah there's just something about that level of confidence.

I remember seeing him walking to the ring v Wlad and just saw someone that was going to win. I didn't see how he could lose, i can't explain why. It almost reminded me of Holyfield walking to the ring v Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
          Yeah there's just something about that level of confidence.

I remember seeing him walking to the ring v Wlad and just saw someone that was going to win. I didn't see how he could lose, i can't explain why. It almost reminded me of Holyfield walking to the ring v Tyson.
          Yep, it was the same feeling I got when Floyd was coming out against Corrales and Calzaghe against Lacy, all percieved to be 50/50ish fights where one guy elevated himself.

But I feel Wilder is coming with a strong mentality too, he's very hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
            You know danm well you want the black guy to one
            can ya'll just permaban this clown?

Comment

What a story

Comment

Fury is a proven drug cheat. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                X