Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Erupts, Tells Jeff Horn: You Know I'm F***ing You Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confidently predicted that Pacquiao would beat Horn by the third round of their fight. I watched in amazement, and had to eat a lot of humble pie, when Horn beat him.

My head says that Horn has little chance against Crawford, and will be comprehensively beaten by the sixth round. Either he will be KO'd, or have been so dominated by that time then there will be no dispute over who is the champ.

But I am reluctant to make that call with confidence, because I remember that Horn made me look like a fool once before by dismissing him too readily.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      I confidently predicted that Pacquiao would beat Horn by the third round of their fight. I watched in amazement, and had to eat a lot of humble pie, when Horn beat him.

My head says that Horn has little chance against Crawford, and will be comprehensively beaten by the sixth round. Either he will be KO'd, or have been so dominated by that time then there will be no dispute over who is the champ.

But I am reluctant to make that call with confidence, because I remember that Horn made me look like a fool once before by dismissing him too readily.
      I agree and in my mind can see only two outcomes. Horn is made to look silly and KO'd early, or wins a rough-house fight. Will be interesting to see if Horn has the physicals over Crawford or not.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
        I agree and in my mind can see only two outcomes. Horn is made to look silly and KO'd early, or wins a rough-house fight. Will be interesting to see if Horn has the physicals over Crawford or not.
        I think the question that most people had after he beat Pac was whether Horn was better than expected, or whether Pac was just more faded than people realised.

Honestly I think it was a mix of both factors, combined with Pac not taking the fight seriously and not preparing properly. I still believe that prime Pac would have ended the fight early.

Horn seemed to display some world class attributes. I think he showed world class mental strength and self belief, toughness and stamina. He has the physical size, strength and speed to compete.
        I don't think he has what I would consider world class skills. His sheer awkwardness is able to neutralise his opponent's skills to some degree, which helps to make up for his lack of top class technique.

I can see both of your possibilities happening. I also see Crawford winning a dirty, scrappy fight. Horn might have some physical advantages - I won't really know about that until I see them in the ring together - but I think Crawford will have just too much skill. My current best guess of what will happen is that Horn will keep it awkward and rough for the first half of the fight, but that Crawford will rack up rounds with cleaner hitting. Horn might take two rounds through the first six. I think Crawford will be smart enough to have worked out Horn, and to have taken out his main arsenal by that time, as well as slowed him down with body work and making Horn work too hard for his punches. TC should then be able to comfortably shut out the fight, with perhaps a KO in the last few rounds (10-12) or a clear cut UD with Horn getting 2 or 3 rounds on most scorecards. Horn might rally late to pick up another round, maybe round 9 or so, as TC rests and Horn's stamina keeps him in the game.

Horn seems like a nice guy in real life, disregarding his amateur trash talking, and I hope he puts on a respectable show - maybe even being able to get another final high profile fight afterwards for a decent paycheck before falling off the radar as far as world titles go.

Comment

... I remember that Horn made me look like a fool once before by dismissing him too readily.
          I think the question that most people had after he beat Pac was whether Horn was better than expected, or whether Pac was just more faded than people realised.

Honestly I think it was a mix of both factors, combined with Pac not taking the fight seriously and not preparing properly. I still believe that prime Pac would have ended the fight early.

Horn seemed to display some world class attributes. I think he showed world class mental strength and self belief, toughness and stamina. He has the physical size, strength and speed to compete.
          I don't think he has what I would consider world class skills. His sheer awkwardness is able to neutralise his opponent's skills to some degree, which helps to make up for his lack of top class technique.
          I appreciate the perspective. Here's what I saw with Horn.

I had Manny losing the fight, confidently, until round 7. He wasn't half trying. He took the guy lightly, you saw it at the presser with him texting.

When Manny tried to rally in Round 9, I thought for sure we were going to see a horrible stoppage. People here wanted Manny to get a KO so badly it clouded their eyes about what was happening. It shouldn't have been stopped yet, and the ref did the right thing with the warning.

Round 10 was make or break for Manny. All he had to do was finish what he started. He didn't. Either he gassed or got demoralized. Interview after, he specifically said he wanted Horn to quit. That cost him the fight.

I don't think Manny was washed up at all. I think he met his Darnell Boone at a time when he no longer has the desire to really hurt opponents. That's a knockout combination.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I don't think you understand what he was saying. Crawford is big enough to fight at 140 or 147 based on his frame, yet he was knocking dudes out right and left at 135. He was losing quite a bit of water weight in order to do that, even so he was destroying guys despite the effects of the water loss.

Gamboa also got KTFO, dropped 4 times. So, even though he had a momentary "victory" because he wobbled Crawford one time, he ultimately got wrecked and disposed of by a superior boxer.

The guy was beating up dudes who had no business being in the same weight class and that's supposed to be impressive?

Comment

but Mr. 50K why you pull out for.

It be funny if Horn goes and fight spence instead lmfao, that will force crawford to stop hiding behind Top Rank and actually come outside and play.

Comment

This will be a mauling

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Obviously there's a limit with the trash talking, and it's good that Bud was right on top of it to check that b.s. Horn was going to lose anyway, but now he'll be embarrassed. A good look really. IMO we don't need boxing to get to the gutter level of trailer trash b.s. the WWF takes.

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                  He doesnt talk trash cause he doesnt know how to put a sentance together let alone promote a fight. The Americans are saying hes the best p4p boxer in the world and he will dominate 147 like he did 140.
                  So were are all his fans?? Dude cant sell **** unless its in his backyard.
                  He does his job in the ring. That's really all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

He does his job in the ring. That's really all that matters in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

Thats 90% of the job but still he needs to be able to sell himself and promote his fights if he wants to be the next superstar and earn the money that these big fights should generate. Unfortunately he is lacking in this area at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Obviously there's a limit with the trash talking, and it's good that Bud was right on top of it to check that b.s. Horn was going to lose anyway, but now he'll be embarrassed. A good look really. IMO we don't need boxing to get to the gutter level of trailer trash b.s. the WWF takes.
                      Completely wrong and inaccurate. Boxing does need that. Thats why Mayweather and Mcgregor are a success. People will pay to watch someone brash that says wildly inappropriate things. Boxing sucks because of guys like Keith Thurman who are girly haired runners that suck on the mic.

Comment

Working...
                      X