No announcement yet.

TRIVIA- Who and when was last boxer to cover ESPN Mag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIVIA- Who and when was last boxer to cover ESPN Mag

I am trying to find a copy to post.... If anyone has one, I'd like to see it.

Let me guess it's Miranda!

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr and before that ummm probably Tyson/Holyfield/Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudypoop View Post
        Floyd Mayweather Jr and before that ummm probably Tyson/Holyfield/Lewis.
        I know the last boxer on the cover of SPORTS ILLISTRATED was CHUCK WEPNER.

I dont think there has been one since...

I read something about that a while ago... i could be thinkin of something else though

Comment

They did a big cover piece on the hyped showdown between Michael Grant and Clifford "The Black Rhino" Etienne. The fight fell through becuase it was scheduled on Kentucky where they have the three knockdown rule in effect, both camps agreed if their guy could only get knocked down 3 times a round they might as well not even show up.

ahahaha, Im jokin, the last boxer on the cover of ESPN the mag was Ike Ibeabuchi, he has a subscription from prison and he keeps them under his bed. So, technically he is on the cover of ESPN magazine everynight.

Actually, Jim Lampley was browsing through an ESPN magazine and had just put it down when Oleg Maskaev sent Hashim Rahman flopping through the ropes and onto the magazine in Lampleys lap, makin him the last boxer on ESPN the magazine.

ahahaha
          Last edited by Animal Squabbs; 04-28-2007, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X