Comments Thread For: Miller: I Knew Joshua's a Punk; Wanted to Push His Buttons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
    To be fair to Hearn he signed Ortiz to fight Joshua

He gave him top spots on his undercards to build up a Joshua fight and he bombed . Twice

Agree we need to see the wilder fight next though
    As far as I'm concerned, Joshua "bombed" twice! Joshua vs. Takam was trash, and Joshua vs. Parker was garbage too! Joshua's best fight, is the fight he got dropped by a 40yr. old man, who was inactive for over a year! Joshua swerved Ortiz with Hearn's blessing! PATHETIC!

Comment

I heard Joshua saw him in the corridor backstage after and offered to take him outside but Big Baby ran the other way.

Comment

I hate Fat phuck Miller, but I do enjoy Joshua looking uncomfortable. First fake nice guy and fake tough guy in history

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          As far as I'm concerned, Joshua "bombed" twice! Joshua vs. Takam was trash, and Joshua vs. Parker was garbage too! Joshua's best fight, is the fight he got dropped by a 40yr. old man, who was inactive for over a year! Joshua swerved Ortiz with Hearn's blessing! PATHETIC!
          Won both fights convincingly

That’s what happens when you step up ... wilder stepped up against Ortiz who had been on a long lay off and was losing before his bombs landed

You can’t compare Ortiz to wlad ..

Comment

Won both fights convincingly

That’s what happens when you step up ... wilder stepped up against Ortiz who had been on a long lay off and was losing before his bombs landed

You can’t compare Ortiz to wlad ..
            I most certainly can compare Ortiz to Wlad! Wlad was coming off a loss on November 28, 2015, when he fought AJ on April 29, 2017! Ortiz was undefeated and had fought December 8, 2017 before facing Wilder on March 3, 2018! AJ won both fights, but they were both very average performances!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I most certainly can compare Ortiz to Wlad! Wlad was coming off a loss on November 28, 2015, when he fought AJ on April 29, 2017! Ortiz was undefeated and had fought December 8, 2017 before facing Wilder on March 3, 2018! AJ won both fights, but they were both very average performances!
              Wlad was a has been worst and Ortiz is a never been .

He’s been hyped because he was boxing wilders ears off . Dude was coming off a long lay off and had never fought anyone decent to begin with

Comment

Wlad was a has been worst and Ortiz is a never been .

He’s been hyped because he was boxing wilders ears off . Dude was coming off a long lay off and had never fought anyone decent to begin with
                Luis Ortiz was hyped way before the Wilder fight!

March 7, 2016:

So how good is Ortiz?

Ortiz has real power, a nasty streak and fantastic accuracy and timing in his counter-punching. He sets up his shots well with the jab, and his straight left is brutally effective. On top of this, he has started to incorporate more variety in his work, wearing his opponents down with body work and pelting them with uppercuts and right hooks.

If the best heavyweights in the world right now are Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder, Wladimir Klitschko, and Alexander Povetkin, then I think Luis Ortiz slots in nicely just behind them. I think he's top-5 right now, with plenty of potential to go higher.

Guys like Joseph Parker and Anthony Joshua might be the future of the division, but right now they are far too green for this well-schooled Cuban, and I'd see both walking onto a perfectly-timed bomb and getting knocked out. I fancy the same to happen to someone like David Haye.

For me, the real test of Ortiz's abilities are the guys that I've ranked above him. I think he stands a good chance of putting Wilder on his back. Wilder would have a punchers chance, but I think Ortiz is just too clever and well-schooled for him.

I think his toughest outs would be against Klitschko and Fury. Klitschko, depending on what he has left, could be a very tough fight for Ortiz, as his risk-averse strategy would make it hard for Ortiz to create openings for his offense. At this stage, I think the most likely to beat Ortiz is Fury, as he could match Ortiz on his feet, whilst peppering Ortiz and dissuading him from wading in. I think Fury would be a tough fight for Ortiz.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/3/7...-is-luis-ortiz

October 8, 2016:

"Luis Ortiz is one of the most exciting heavyweights in the world and I am delighted to be working with him," Hearn said. "We plan to keep him very busy and let the fans enjoy his devastating power. Luis is an avoided fighter but we plan on giving him the profile that will make that impossible."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tchroom-boxing

Comment

Lol.. ten thousand more brits packed into Wembley in April to see Povetkin stop AJ again.. game over. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    This parade float will never be the face of American HW boxing. FOH, fat boy.
                    Parade float!! Classic bro. Green k to you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      I hate Fat phuck Miller, but I do enjoy Joshua looking uncomfortable. First fake nice guy and fake tough guy in history
                      I dont think Joshua looked uncomfortable at all. He looked annoyed if anything. Miller would get smashed of they fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X