No announcement yet.

If Rigo was a welterweight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    You're a ****** lmao. You're saying because a 4kg dumbbell is light weight then basically everyone at 122 should fight at 130. Hell 15 pounds is light to every man on earth. Might as well go from 122 to 135

Jesus think before you type. You're so illogical it's insane. You're the same guy who didn't want gg to move up 8 pounds but says rigo doing it is no big deal
    He's a Golovkin fan that defended Golovkin for not moving up 8lbs. But now 8lbs is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      From 122 to 130lbs that's two weight classes and 8lbs.

From 147 to 154 that's one weight class 7 pounds.

Now I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at so if you could elaborate that would be great. Thanks.
      I didn't explain it well. After the Chocolatito loss people was talking about all the weight classes he moved up. Some people, like myself, were saying it's only a cpl of lbs which wouldn't even equal a move from welter to super welter. A guy broke it down by percentage and it was actually a bigger weight jump from welter to super welter

Comment

The equivalent would be to go from 147 to 156.6

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I didn't explain it well. After the Chocolatito loss people was talking about all the weight classes he moved up. Some people, like myself, were saying it's only a cpl of lbs which wouldn't even equal a move from welter to super welter. A guy broke it down by percentage and it was actually a bigger weight jump from welter to super welter
          Can you post the link to that thread?

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            You're a ****** lmao. You're saying because a 4kg dumbbell is light weight then basically everyone at 122 should fight at 130. Hell 15 pounds is light to every man on earth. Might as well go from 122 to 135

Jesus think before you type. You're so illogical it's insane. You're the same guy who didn't want gg to move up 8 pounds but says rigo doing it is no big deal
            i didnt want him to move up cause 168 was a poor weight class. 8 pounds itself is **** all. and i lose track on here, cause all i hear in day in and day out is that 'fighters need to move up in weight to prove themselves' but then when a fighter like rigo moves up in weight he gets written off as being too small? Basically people want to cover their arses in case lomachenko does well so they are making excuses, and its absolutely pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              People almost never say Rigo is moving up 8 pounds. They almost always say he is moving up 2 weight classes because that sounds so much more impressive than 8 pounds.The lower weight classes are way too close together.If GGG moved up 1 weight class from 160 to 168 he would be moving up the same 8 pounds that Rigo is moving up but he would only be moving up 1 weight class. 8 pounds is a higher percentage of 122 than it is of 160 but only about 24% higher not 100% higher. Rigo moving up 8 pounds would be about the same as a welterweight moving up 10 pounds but of course there is no 157 pound weight class. There is so little real weight difference between Loma and Rigo as to be meaningless. They will weigh within 3 pounds of each other in the ring. Who ever wins is the better fighter. Rigo weighed in at 128.25 and Loma weighed in at 129 and that less than a pound advantage for Loma isn't enough to make a difference. Rigo was just as lean and ripped as Loma and the weigh difference will probably be just as small on fight night.
              Yes.... a 200 lb guy beating a 240 lb guy would be just as impressive as a 100 lb guy beating a 120 lber right? Only 20% weight difference right?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                People almost never say Rigo is moving up 8 pounds. They almost always say he is moving up 2 weight classes because that sounds so much more impressive than 8 pounds.The lower weight classes are way too close together.If GGG moved up 1 weight class from 160 to 168 he would be moving up the same 8 pounds that Rigo is moving up but he would only be moving up 1 weight class. 8 pounds is a higher percentage of 122 than it is of 160 but only about 24% higher not 100% higher. Rigo moving up 8 pounds would be about the same as a welterweight moving up 10 pounds but of course there is no 157 pound weight class. There is so little real weight difference between Loma and Rigo as to be meaningless. They will weigh within 3 pounds of each other in the ring. Who ever wins is the better fighter. Rigo weighed in at 128.25 and Loma weighed in at 129 and that less than a pound advantage for Loma isn't enough to make a difference. Rigo was just as lean and ripped as Loma and the weigh difference will probably be just as small on fight night.
                Just out of curiosity, how did you work out that percentage?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  The equivalent would be to go from 147 to 156.6
                  Good to see someone do the correct math. Someone said 8lbs was 24% of 122lbs. Basically it would be like a Welter moving to Caneloweight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    i didnt want him to move up cause 168 was a poor weight class. 8 pounds itself is **** all. and i lose track on here, cause all i hear in day in and day out is that 'fighters need to move up in weight to prove themselves' but then when a fighter like rigo moves up in weight he gets written off as being too small? Basically people want to cover their arses in case lomachenko does well so they are making excuses, and its absolutely pathetic.
                    hes 130 with clothes on the day of the fight.. hes a small man its not an excuse its the truth. Loma himself is about to move to 135, if you think 8 pounds isnt a big deal for a 122 pounder then i cant help you

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

This whole thread, and the point that was attempted to be made is ****ing RIDICULOUSLY absurd.

People are so blinded by their biased opinions and favoritism they literally don't even THINK before speaking. This is disgraceful.
                      What was the point of this thread? What favortism do I have towards either fighter?

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                      Can you post the link to that thread?
                      If I could i wouldn't have posted this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X