No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #10 - Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jason Sosa, April 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redd Foxx, 3X
    Picking Loma by wide decision. Sosa seems to have a solid chin and heart.

To keep it interesting, I propose that anyone voting Sosa gets 3x the payout if he wins.

Comment

-Kev-, 2x

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Redd Foxx, 3X
      Picking Loma by wide decision. Sosa seems to have a solid chin and heart.

To keep it interesting, I propose that anyone voting Sosa gets 3x the payout if he wins.
      I agree, there should be some kind of odds for fights where the disparity between fighters is big like this one. And like GGG-Jacobs where it was an 8-1 favorite. Getting the same amount of points for picking the underdog as you would for picking the favorite seems a bit off.

I vote for compensating the underdog pickers with extra points.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        -Kev-, 2x

I agree, there should be some kind of odds for fights where the disparity between fighters is big like this one. And like GGG-Jacobs where it was an 8-1 favorite. Getting the same amount of points for picking the underdog as you would for picking the favorite seems a bit off.

I vote for compensating the underdog pickers with extra points.
        Currently I do offer a bonus multiplier for underdogs, but it is based on how many people picked the underdog rather than the betting odds. (There are automatically applied bonus multipliers when <25% and <10% pick a fighter)

I do like the idea of it being based on the odds though, as that information can be offered up front rather than after the picks are in. When I mentioned this idea earlier, no one offered support for it.

Comment

This one's gonna be lopsided.

Comment

mathed, Lomachenko, KO 5-8, 1X

Comment

This will be the fight where if Lomachenko forces the stoppage on Sosa he will be seen as a power puncher going forward. It's still kinda up in the air even though he has 5 KO's in 7 wins. KO'ing Sosa puts him in that "good puncher" category. Sosa is durable, improved, was KO'ed a long time ago, and he's underrated. I think this goes the distance though, but if Loma gets the stoppage, he'll really put SFW's on notice about his pop.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Currently I do offer a bonus multiplier for underdogs, but it is based on how many people picked the underdog rather than the betting odds. (There are automatically applied bonus multipliers when <25% and <10% pick a fighter)

I do like the idea of it being based on the odds though, as that information can be offered up front rather than after the picks are in. When I mentioned this idea earlier, no one offered support for it.
                I didn't notice you brought that topic up. I think it should be based on odds. Because what if more than 10% or 25% of people pick the underdog? Would that eliminate that fighter from being an underdog?

Comment

motorcity cobra, Lomachenko WIDE UD, (may edit later)

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Is this worthy of a pick 'em though?
                    #1 vs #10 SFW.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      motorcity cobra, Lomachenko WIDE UD, (may edit later)
                      Come say that to my face. Will meet you in Chuck E Cheeses when ever you're ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X