No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor NEW Statement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
    you know what mcgregor hit diaz with his hardest shots and diaz just walekd through them, first power shot he landed he rocked mcgregor,
    now that was without a training camp,
    so imagine he has a full training camp,
    add to that his height, reach and black belt in ju jitsu,
    diaz will just be too much for mcgregor

btw i do think khan will win against canelo
    He could man, not a canelo fan but personally I think the weight will be to much for a guy that has been KO'd at 140 2x's. I do think Khan brings more to the table than Canelo but again the weight is heavily in favor of Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Wonder what Conor's contract looks like. If he just gots a fight or two him leaving the UFC would be HUGE for whatever other group picked him up & Coker would juggle his balls every Tuesday if he signed with Bellator I'm sure. I believe the UFC contracts are so sketchy your deal can be extended indefinitely if you are a title holder so he shouldn't go back down to 145 for sure.

This seems like such a nothing thing & another straw on the back of the camel in regards to the fighters creating a union that gets a lot of the f#cked up **** the UFC does to its fighters curbed. Rooting for Conor to lead the revolt at this point. Basically this is the UFC saying f#ck you fans you aren't going to see this fight cuz Conor wouldn't go to a f#cking presser you don't give a **** about & most of you weren't going to watch one video from.

Skype this mfer or fine him, but don't punish the fans over silly ****.

UFC doesn't want any fighter to become bigger than the sport

Comment

When was the last time you heard of HBO canceling a fight cuz a guy wouldn't do media doe?

I think you for sure punish Conor for this, but canceling the fight is stupid. Everyone is taking a hit. Diaz gets screwed out of his Conor Sweepstakes check. Fans don't get to see the fight. Conor doesn't get his attempt at revenge + $$$. The UFC looks like a overbearing father figure + screws up their potential money.

The NFL just fines you for this sort of thing. Thats what the UFC should do. This is some military level punishment. This is like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket making everyone do pushups cuz Gomer f#cked up. It works in the military, but in the entertainment game you are just pissing people off & hurting business over virtually nothing.

Well conor can always retire

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          He could man, not a canelo fan but personally I think the weight will be to much for a guy that has been KO'd at 140 2x's. I do think Khan brings more to the table than Canelo but again the weight is heavily in favor of Canelo...
          imo the extra weight will help khan he'll have stronger legs and a stronger punch,
          i think his game plan is to box and move but he obviously needs to be have enough pop in his punch to do that and i think he will

you know what mcgregor if he really wants this rematch he should just deal with the promotion and everything that comes with it...

Comment

Well if they do make him go back to FW, and defend the title then Conor may have just pulled the ultimate snady duck/pull-out of this year.

I expect Conor to be all dramatic, and up in arms over not facing Diaz again. Like he was wronged out of his shot, and we may never see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              He was also laughing at Diaz for being to skinny n now hes to big, weightclasses didnt matter to him lol

He needs to man the f#$k up

Honestly him n Diaz are about the same, just Diaz is tall, what a pusss
              I whole heartedly agree brother! If there is one thing I cant stand in life is a BS'er and he is one.

Comment

I'm still a Conor fan, it sounds like he's fixing his cardio and planning smart this time

Comment

Lame excuse....

Comment

I think both sides got solid points. Thing is I don't think the punishment for missing a presser should be the fight is off. Thats f#cking overkill & counterproductive to all parties at the end of the day.

I mean this happens all the time in other sports. You break a rule you might think is dumb & you get a fine. Thats how **** tends to work. If you do something malicious, use PEDs or do something more serious then you start getting into a situation where you get suspended or can't play. I don't see missing a presser as a very malicious activity. In fact I'd say the more malicious activity is calling off the fight over a missed presser. They shoulda allowed Conor do the presser via our great technology of this era (skype or closed circuit TV or whatever) & fined his ass & fight is still booked. The UFC gets silly about this sorta **** when it doesn't have to.
                    Solid post. Yeah McGregor could have just done a press conference in Iceland to promote the fight. Why not? Reach out to a wider audience and folks will always listen. But I think this time, and because of the powerplay behind the scenes with the amount of pull Conor has now obtained, UFC wanted to make an example out of him. If it contractual terms being breached then Conor's ****ed no matter how petty the UFC are acting.

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                    other fighters have to do the same duties, i dont buy into this bs and i like mcgregor,
                    he lost fair and square to a guy who didnt even have a training camp,
                    he just doesnt want to take part in the build up because diaz would absolutely rinse him,
                    what can he say back to diaz? he has nothing to say...

thats just like khan saying ohh i cant do the face off and all the media duties with canelo because i need the extra time for training because im fighting a bigger guy

dont forget mcgregor was the one giving the big one before the first fight saying size and weight wont be an issue...
                    It was strange how in his statement he told the UFC to spend the money on the rest of the bums, perhaps on the card. That's him calling Diaz a bum, then what does that make McGregor?

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
                      Solid post. Yeah McGregor could have just done a press conference in Iceland to promote the fight. Why not? Reach out to a wider audience and folks will always listen. But I think this time, and because of the powerplay behind the scenes with the amount of pull Conor has now obtained, UFC wanted to make an example out of him. If it contractual terms being breached then Conor's ****ed no matter how petty the UFC are acting.

It was strange how in his statement he told the UFC to spend the money on the rest of the bums, perhaps on the card. That's him calling Diaz a bum, then what does that make McGregor?
                      yea i know right lool

you know what the way he spoke after losing to diaz in the post fight conference i thought he'd take the loss on the chin,
                      but obviously his ego is way too big lool

Comment

Working...
                      X