No announcement yet.

I guess Joel Diaz gets the last laugh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
    Tim did look better, more controlled, than in the first two fights, just not enough to get him the W.
    Originally posted by Jloro View Post
    I thought bradley looked better than in the other fights
    ???

Bradley lost nearly every round and was knocked down twice.

First fight was roughly 8-4, you could maybe see 7-5. Same for the second fight. But tonight Bradley was nowhere.

I guess you could argue Pacquiao was better after shoulder surgery, but whatever the reason Bradley fared significantly worse. I gave him 3 rounds, including the 12th and that might have been generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
      I agree, Diaz sucks. But his way of training suits Bradley better vs pacquiao. Do u wanna give it all u got and loose by close decision. Or do u want to fight conservative try to pick your shots and loose by alot? I don't wanna hear that he looked smarter and quicker. Final results is all that matters
      It's not a static equation though. Pac fought differently and I think the Diaz Bradley, the one with the twisting movements and poor footwork, would have gotten clowned by Pac tonight as Pac was clearly hitting far more angles tonight and staying out of the pocket, which is something that allowed Tim to tag him in previous fights. It's more complex than one man using pressure vs caution.

Comment

I thought this was Tim's worst performance out of the 3 fights with Pacquiao, slow reflexes and bad punch resistance were the things I noticed the most, the wars that this guy has been in have taken their toll on him and they had a very bad strategy for the fight, it was clear that the most sucesss Bradley would have would be him backing up Pacquiao more and throwing more shots, instead Tim wanted to fight like Floyd Mayweather, he wanted to stand at range and counter Manny, that failed badly because 1) he is NOT a counterpuncher 2) his reflexes have deteriorated.

Easy win for the ATG Manny Pacquiao, would love to see him fight again! he surprised me tonight and showed that he's a true professional, even though everyone was on his ass leading up to the fight because of the comments he made, he blocked that all out and gave one of his best performances in years, so respect to the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It's not a static equation though. Pac fought differently and I think the Diaz Bradley, the one with the twisting movements and poor footwork, would have gotten clowned by Pac tonight as Pac was clearly hitting far more angles tonight and staying out of the pocket, which is something that allowed Tim to tag him in previous fights. It's more complex than one man using pressure vs caution.
          Tim was way to cautios which allowed Pac to do the kind of work he did on him, Bradley was trying to counterpunch and he knows good and hell well that he lost the first 2 fights because he was trying to do the same thing, the success this guy has ever had with Pacquiao was when he backed Pacquiao up and used feints more, he doesn't have nor ever had the skills to fight the kind of fight he wanted to fight against Pacquiao. Bradley might have won if he just threw caution to the wind midway through the fight and tried to pressure Pacquiao, he actually hurt Pacquiao once and this means his power was enough to make something happen, instead he literally gave the fight away trying to counter punch a non existent target.

Comment

I saw a better Bradley in the first fight, but maybe it is because tonight Pacquiao was on his A game so it can be relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

Bradley DID get clowned tonight. He was on the ground rolling on his back.

Comment

I can't take Atlas seriously, he just sounds a bit deranged...

Comment

He picked up the L but he did it in a respectful way where if the first fight was like that, it would be like the Marquez fight. It was a good competitive fight where you would want to see another go around. Without the knockdowns Timmy did pretty good. Imagine what Bradley would have done before the damage and ring wear of the Provodnikov fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                    I thought this was Tim's worst performance out of the 3 fights with Pacquiao, slow reflexes and bad punch resistance were the things I noticed the most, the wars that this guy has been in have taken their toll on him and they had a very bad strategy for the fight, it was clear that the most sucesss Bradley would have would be him backing up Pacquiao more and throwing more shots, instead Tim wanted to fight like Floyd Mayweather, he wanted to stand at range and counter Manny, that failed badly because 1) he is NOT a counterpuncher 2) his reflexes have deteriorated.

Easy win for the ATG Manny Pacquiao, would love to see him fight again! he surprised me tonight and showed that he's a true professional, even though everyone was on his ass leading up to the fight because of the comments he made, he blocked that all out and gave one of his best performances in years, so respect to the man.
                    I noticed the wars he has been through too, but it was his best fight game plan and composure wise. Atlas did good for him, gave him good instructions. Tim went out and executed them to the best of his ability, but Pacquiao was just better, and he didn't have what it took to win. But the game plan was spot on. The Bradley from Pacquiao 1 vs Pacquiao tonight with this gameplan and Atlas would have won.

Comment

Not really. I think if Diaz was in Bradley's corner tonight he would have got knocked down at least 2 more times. Despite losing, Bradley looked pretty spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X