Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's make or break for Billy Joe Saunders.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's make or break for Billy Joe Saunders.

Demetrius Andrade is a decent opponent. If Billy Joe beats him most fat Yanks will discredit the win and claim Andrade was overhyped, but he's actually a very dangerous opponent. Even worse, he's gone under the radar for a while and isn't that big of a name. Definitely a member of the "Who Needs Him?" club. If Billy Joe ducks and/or vacates, I will lose a lot of respect for the man.

That's just what he will do, He's fighting Degale next which is a cash grab fight and then a Eubanks jr rematch!

Saunders moves have shown me he's the type thats looking for cash grab fights, Andrade simply is a huge risk with little to nothing in rewards sadly!

Even if Saunders beat him, people will say Andrade beat nobody!

Comment

The only route which would keep his reputation intact would be a win over James DeGale, then a fight with the winner of the WBSS Super Middleweight final. I could accept him vacating for that. Otherwise, it's disappointing.

Comment

I am glad Saunders is being ordered to defend his title against a worthy challenger who has not already been knocked out by GGG. Something he has refused to do on his own as champion. Jacobs tried to get a fight with him. He fought Monroe, Lemieux and almost fought Murray. Now he must fight a decent fighter who has never lost. It's about time. The same goes for Andrade who has yet to beat a top middleweight and seems to avoid tough fights. The winner of this fight can truthfully say he beat a top middleweight.

Comment

This is a massive fight (If it happens) for both fighters. They both NEED this fight for their reputation. I wouldn't even talk about this fight until they both get in the ring first.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
            Demetrius Andrade is a decent opponent. If Billy Joe beats him most fat Yanks will discredit the win and claim Andrade was overhyped, but he's actually a very dangerous opponent. Even worse, he's gone under the radar for a while and isn't that big of a name. Definitely a member of the "Who Needs Him?" club. If Billy Joe ducks and/or vacates, I will lose a lot of respect for the man.
            Andrade is better than a decent fighter. At his best he could give anyone hell at MW and beat them. He had a bad performance vs Culcay, but aside from that he hardly loses any rounds. If BJS beats him, then that would be a very good win for him…… and vice versa.

Comment

BJS v DeGale does nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
                BJS v DeGale does nothing for me.
                Absolutely nothing. Degale is barely scrapping by a high end journeyman in Traux. Dirrell KOd him in one round FFS. Jacobs took a lot longer but pretty much dominated every round after the first few rounds. Degale is FOOD, and everyone knows it. But I am part of Degale's team, I'm trying to cash him out ASAP. So if that is against BJS or Eubank Jr, then so be it.

Comment

I agree. He needs to fight Andrade or he'll be a laughing stock. That said, I think that's a good, even matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                    WTF is wrong with you ?

You literally have Fury for your avi and you're saying that?

Comment

Working...
                    X