Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Joshua-Wilder, GGG-Canelo, Usyk-Gassiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
    It's a shame that people whine about racism in boxing. And it's always the poor blacks. Grow up. Sorry. America land of the cry babies. I'm not racist and I'm sick of racism being a centerpiece in the US. The capital of reverse racism.
    "I'm not racist" is always fishy to hear. You wouldn't hear anyone "whine about racism" if people weren't rascist. I would think people are tired or racist!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Django1 View Post
      I'm neither black nor American but I am familiar with history. You call blacks crybabies and you can't take their whining anymore.

The blacks endured slavery, Jim Crow and systemic and systematic racism for hundreds of years. How could that compare with what poor little you has endured? Poor little you, you have to bare all that complaining... Tell me, who is the cry baby again ?

Apologies and Reparations were given to the Chinese for the Chinese Exclusion Act. Apologies and Reparations were given to German and Japanese Americans for having been imprisoned during WW2.
      Apologies and Reparations will have to be given to African Americans before anyone can move on.
      All ethnicities were enslaved at some point. Why do you think slaves are called slaves instead of africans? Because it was the white Slavs who were some of the original slaves.

There's no need for reparations, but if you want some get them from the Jews & Arabs who were the slave traders. We punish drug dealers much more heavily than drug users. The same would go for slave dealers.

Or you can count your EBT card and welfare benefits as reparations ... or maybe you can get off your ass and stop your crybabying and do something with yourself. It's been 150 years.
      Last edited by buge; 06-30-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
        Send in the questions, and hopefully he answers them in the next mailbag.
        How do you do that? This site?

Comment

All ethnicities were enslaved at some point. Why do you think slaves are called slaves instead of africans? Because it was the white Slavs who were some of the original slaves.

There's no need for reparations, but if you want some get them from the Jews & Arabs who were the slave traders. We punish drug dealers much more heavily than drug users. The same would go for slave dealers.

Or you can count your EBT card and welfare benefits as reparations ... or maybe you can get off your ass and stop your crybabying and do something with yourself. It's been 150 years.
          Well said! There's always gonna be ppl at the top who use ppl below them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            How do you do that? This site?
            Says to send him an email, address is at the bottom of the article. Hes previously said he doesnt read the forum comments, after someone mentioned Mexican Puppet ranting at him in the forum replies, lol.

Comment

I'm sorry but from from where i see it the average black person who has roots from West Africa just has more strength and explosive power than the average person from any other race. You can see the results of this in 100 200 and 400 meters.
              East Africans, on average, gave more endurance, see the results of 5000, 10,000 and marathon races.
              Athleticism in terms of back flips whish Breadman often refers too is more evenly spread among races but doesn't seem universal. How many white Scandinavians do you see doing backflips? Brutish strength yes, but on average slower.
              Russians seem to be more athletics than other whites, think of all the gymnasts, not all of that is Peds.

Notice i used the word average a lot. You can generalise on physical stuff. Not so much other measures of achievement where all the socio-economic factors come into play.

I will say that Israeli Jewish people are the most intelligent people I have ever met - on average. Can't speak for other Jewish folk because I haven't met many .

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling dozens of topics, such as Deontay Wilder vs. Anthony Joshua, fighters deciding to remain free agents, Kevin Cunningham's growing stable of fighters, Abel Sanchez, Canelo Alvarez, and more.
                [Click Here To Read More]

I definitely disagree that 10 defences, or whatever, automatically gets you in the HOF

no way

bread is not moving with the times

back in the day, sure..... but there are fkn titles everywhere today, they literally give that shht away..... and the (infrequent) mandatories are often very soft indeed

WHO..... with consideration given to when/how..... is all that matters

no way is Wilder HOF material..... yet !

both Wilder and Joshua have a glass-cannon aura..... that would need to disappear before you look me in the eye and tell me that they could have lived with the killers you are trying to compare them with

neither are there..... both could be on the way

we heard all that same rubbish when Golovkin was running around knocking out tomato cans..... and yet we saw what happened when he finally stepped in there with world-class opponents

the Povetkin failures really hurt Wilder..... because when Joshua beats Povetkin, he will have a much better resume than DW

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  I once thought Golovkin would be a shoo-in for the HoF but now I really don't think so unless he obliterates Canelo then stays at that level for some more big fights. Edging past Jacobs and a debatable draw with Canola ain't HoF material. I don't see GGG beating McClellan, Jones Jr, Toney, even Benn and maybe not McCallum, as Mike was definitely better than Danny Jacobs, imo. To be fair to Golovkin, he's in a weak middleweight era. Fantasy match up: GGG vs The Hawk.

good post ! 100% agree !

same with my boy Wilder, who still has some mountains to climb

Comment

On a personal level we say that you can blame your parents for everything until you are twenty and something years old. After that it's up to you to overcome the adversity in your life and we all get dealt different hands. Most people recognise this makes sense if there is an even playing field, equal opportunities. Obviously there still isn't in many areas but who can argue that it hasn't gotten better over the last fifty years. Minorities have, on average, never had it so good. But there is still prejudice, racism and extremism.
                    I think some of this is kickback from majorities because they are frustrated and annoyed that there is little recognition that things have gotten better from the minorities.
                    Would be like a woman complaint to her husband that he is useless. He makes efforts to improve and he does improve but wife complains just as loudly as before. How could that not be a source of frustration for the husband. Of course they'd probably get a divorce. Not an option inside a country, we all just have to get along better.

Comment

When we compare active fighters to ones from the past, it's kind of natural to compare the current version of the active fighter to the prime version of the other. But you shouldn't compare an older GGG to prime versions of other fighters, or let the older GGG change your opinion of prime GGG.

GGG is 36 years old now, and was a few weeks from being 35 at the time of the Jacobs fight.

McClellan had to retire at 28 so there was no "old McClellan" to compare "old GGG" to, RJJ from 35-36 was losing 3 straight fights (2 by KO), etc.

boxing prime has little/nothing to do with age

Comment

Working...
                      X