No announcement yet.

If Rigo was a welterweight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    You're a ****** lmao. You're saying because a 4kg dumbbell is light weight then basically everyone at 122 should fight at 130. Hell 15 pounds is light to every man on earth. Might as well go from 122 to 135

Jesus think before you type. You're so illogical it's insane. You're the same guy who didn't want gg to move up 8 pounds but says rigo doing it is no big deal
    Right.

4 kg is pretty damn heavy in regards to body weight.

4 kg dumbells Hey they can be heavy too with the right exercuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      What was the point of this thread? What favortism do I have towards either fighter?

If I could i wouldn't have posted this thread
      Oh, then no worries! I thought you already have that thread available but wanted an elaborated explanation on something which wasn't already mentioned on that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        He's a Golovkin fan that defended Golovkin for not moving up 8lbs. But now 8lbs is nothing.
        Robbie(Isaac) and Gif

One of the all time great romances...

Comment

Fight night weight isnt always the best indicator of size, at least not without proper context. Said this so many times in the last year or so.

Rigo trained up to 128. He put weight on to his frame to get there.

At 37 most fighters will be at their absolute heaviest weight of their careers and Rigo still had to put on bulk to get to 128lbs.

Rigo at 30yo was weighing what, 124 or so fight night? Loma is weighing 137 at the same age. And he may even have had to keep a bit of weight off to make that as part of his rehydration clause. By the time Loma is 37 what will he be weighing? Mid 140's? He is much bigger its clear for anyone to see
          Last edited by Tom Cruise; 12-11-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Use maths, this is just stupid. See it in percentages.

To a guy at 122 lbs, 8 lbs is a 6.5% increase in weight. Very significant.
            To a guy at 160 lbs, 8 lbs is a 5% increase in weight. Significant.
            To a guy at 168 lbs, 7 lbs (to light heavyweight) is only a 4.1% increase in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post

Rigo moving up 8 pounds would be about the same as a welterweight moving up 10 pounds but of course there is no 157 pound weight class.
              That is all you needed to say. That is correct. (8 pounds of 122 is 6.5%, 10 pounds of 147 is 6.8%).

The rest of your post was rambling on and extremely hard to follow because of not using paragraphs.

Comment

Working...
              X