Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-14-2018, 07:30 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2957 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 22,736.43
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
I know what you're saying, but I've seen many fights where a guy got an extended amount of time because the opponent would not get in a neutral corner. I don't know what considerations were in effect for that to happen, but I've definitely seen it many times.
That's not how it's supposed to work. The guy out of the ring keeps count.
man down is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-14-2018, 07:38 PM #12
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 11293 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,059.80
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by man down View Post
That's not how it's supposed to work. The guy out of the ring keeps count.
What I'm saying is, it happens sometimes.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 07:41 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 801 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,049.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
I know what you're saying, but I've seen many fights where a guy got an extended amount of time because the opponent would not get in a neutral corner. I don't know what considerations were in effect for that to happen, but I've definitely seen it many times.
True a fighter will get extra time if the other fighter comes out of the neutral corner but he should not get more than 10 if the other fighter stays put after he's there. From what I could see, Loma stayed put.

Could be that the timekeeper and the ref miscommunicated the time I guess or that the timekeeper didn't start when he was supposed to.
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:01 PM #14
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 851 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,533.49
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad_ View Post
How do the referees give the count? Is it based on real seconds, or is it simply an estimated count from one to ten not based on any actual time span?

Because in the case of Linares, he took 15 actual seconds to get up, but the ref was only reaching the end of his ten count.
Just as I remembered it. The ref picked up the count from the timekeeper at about seven (at least thatís the first number you can actually hear, ďsieteĒ). As I watched the vid, I knew the knockdown was coming, so I started counting the moment Linares hit the canvass. The timekeeper was maybe a second slower than me. Allowing for human variance, I would say the count was definitely fair. As others have already pointed out, itís a steady count, approximating seconds, not using an actual stopwatch. How did you get fifteen seconds? That seems pretty high.
CubanGuyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:14 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4290 Post(s)
Vlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,206.00
Total Points: 18,227.97
Mayweather Children Charity Foundation Medal - Mike D Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony Nice posting, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanx For The Interesting Conversation! - S7V7N 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Just as I remembered it. The ref picked up the count from the timekeeper at about seven (at least thatís the first number you can actually hear, ďsieteĒ). As I watched the vid, I knew the knockdown was coming, so I started counting the moment Linares hit the canvass. The timekeeper was maybe a second slower than me. Allowing for human variance, I would say the count was definitely fair. As others have already pointed out, itís a steady count, approximating seconds, not using an actual stopwatch. How did you get fifteen seconds? That seems pretty high.
I posted the Youtube timeframes in the pictures, if you look on the bottom part.
Vlad_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:20 PM #16
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 851 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,533.49
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
I posted the Youtube timeframes in the pictures, if you look on the bottom part.
Gotcha. Based on that clip you just posted, it looks like the ref counted 7, 8, 9, 10 in the span of about six seconds. In real-time, it didn’t seem to me the count was off by a serious amount. It was fair, in my opinion.
CubanGuyNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM #17
Up and Comer

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
cg4life is just really nicecg4life is just really nicecg4life is just really nicecg4life is just really nice
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 6,217.08

how bout that strange count by the ref a couple weeks ago for Jesse Hart ko over Demond Nicholson (undercard of Dogboe vs Magdaleno)
cg4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2544 Post(s)
Chuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,715.11
No Message - gancho_al_igado this ones on me - KING MEAT Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Happy new years bro! - Teetotaler 

Quote:
How do the referees give the count? Is it based on real seconds, or is it simply an estimated count from one to ten not based on any actual time span?

Because in the case of Linares, he took 15 actual seconds to get up, but the ref was only reaching the end of his ten count.

See pics and video below.

Linares fell at 10:39
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Linares still down at 10:53, got up at 10:54
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Actual video if you guys want to double check:
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
The count started late because stupid loma was hovering over him
Chuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:25 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 801 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,049.32

Another thing is that technically, I'm not sure he ever stands completely upright..

4.1. A boxer shall be considered ďdownĒ when, as a result of a legal blow as ruled by the referee, who is the only person authorized to determine this, any part of their body other than their feet are on the canvas, or if they are hanging helplessly over the ropes, or if they are still rising from the down position and not standing upright.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:51 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 934 Post(s)
NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,198.70
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
I really don't want to say Linars quit but watching this when the ref said 9 Linares was still hunched over ref didnt say 10 and gave him almost 2 more extra seconds before he called it off lol. Gave him every chance to continue but Linares body language was of a man defeated or broken.
No. When you get hit in the liver like that itís almost impossible to straighten out if it hurt you badly.

Thatís why you saw him go down and then kind of lean back. It looked like pain to me when he got up. Like he thought he was good and then at that moment just wasnt able to gather himself. Thatís why itís so impressive when you see guys survive shots like that.

Itís a horrendous feeling. Itís kind of desperation mode when it happens. You just kind of donít know how to handle that kind of pain. You almost want to just cry out of frustration, man. It sucks.

That body shot was so perfect. He killed him with it. Linares looked like he was starting to dig into Loma, no way did he quit. Just straightening your legs like that to get up was probably a superhuman effort.

I never question stoppages by body shots like that. Will only goes so far.
NearHypnos is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
count?, counted, give, linares, referees, seconds

User Tag List