Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo make more money than Floyd by the end of his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    We'll see. But it would make no sense and they're paying him massive money, he's not Mayweather even though he's a draw. The amount they're paying him makes more sense if they control the international rights.
    DAZN is just replacing HBO and HBOPPV they Canelo's US broadcaster maybe Canada too not sure. And Canelo doesn't have to be Floyd. Hell if Floyd 10+ years younger and had the same career he had he would of gotten paid more then he has already earned. In every sport the stars today are making more then the stars of 10 years ago or 20 years ago. Jordan is better then Lebron but Lebron has already earned way more money then Jordan did at the same age and will easily make more playing basketball then Jordan did when he's done playing. The money the athletes are getting across the board in all sports is constantly going up. Canelo cashing in at the right time when there is large money being thrown around and it's crazy because he is still young hasn't even cracked 30 year passing Floyd will be about longevity if he can or if he wants to keep fighting deep into his 30's.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      DAZN is just replacing HBO and HBOPPV they Canelo's US broadcaster maybe Canada too not sure. And Canelo doesn't have to be Floyd. Hell if Floyd 10+ years younger and had the same career he had he would of gotten paid more then he has already earned. In every sport the stars today are making more then the stars of 10 years ago or 20 years ago. Jordan is better then Lebron but Lebron has already earned way more money then Jordan did at the same age and will easily make more playing basketball then Jordan did when he's done playing. The money the athletes are getting across the board in all sports is constantly going up. Canelo cashing in at the right time when there is large money being thrown around.
      You don't know what the deal is. I'm still leaning towards them having all the international rights that weren't already in deals with Canelo/GBP. He doesn't draw as much as Mayweather straight up and they'll be making less money for his fights with them not being PPV. Pure insane if the deal is US only.

Comment

I don't think so because this contract seems to have a fixed dollar amount for the fights while Floyd was fighting on PPV, which has no ceiling on how much a fighter can make.

Floyd has sold roughly 8.7 million PPVs at $100 (Manny and Conor) a pop, not counting all the other fights. I don't see how Canelo generates that type of revenue.

Comment

No because he just lost a lawsuit

Comment

You don't know what the deal is. I'm still leaning towards them having all the international rights that weren't already in deals with Canelo/GBP. He doesn't draw as much as Mayweather straight up and they'll be making less money for his fights with them not being PPV. Pure insane if the deal is US only.
            Well it can't be a international deal because I just looked up on the DAZN website and they only available in 7 countries.

Per DAZN website
            You can watch DAZN anytime while in the US, Italy, Canada, Japan, Austria, Switzerland, and Germany.

Due to legal restrictions, we are not able to provide our service outside of our supported countries.

Comment

Well it can't be a international deal because I just looked up on the DAZN website and they only available in 7 countries.

Per DAZN website
              You can watch DAZN anytime while in the US, Italy, Canada, Japan, Austria, Switzerland, and Germany.

Due to legal restrictions, we are not able to provide our service outside of our supported countries.
              ATM, they're looking to expand. That doesn't stop them having the rights and selling them to local channels either.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                No because he just lost a lawsuit
                Are you talking about the lawsuit from All Star boxing? Canelo just won the appeal on that.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ormer-promoter

Comment

ATM, they're looking to expand. That doesn't stop them having the rights and selling them to local channels either.
                  HBO had nothing to do with Canelo's international fights he struck his own longer term TV deal with Mexican and Golden Boy sold his PPVs international outside of HBO didn't even use HBO announcers. So I don't see why DAZN would have anything to do with international. I don't even think they aired Joshua fight internationally either. Joshua fight I believe aired on Sky in the UK not DAZN.

It's the same thing with the NBA and other major sports. For example NBA has a huge US TV deal and it airs on numerous networks but the NBA then sells the rights to these games internationally to other countries. It's not ABC or ESPN selling the games internationally to other country networks it's the NBA that strikes those deals.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-17-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

HBO had nothing to do with Canelo's international fights he struck his own longer term TV deal with Mexican and Golden Boy sold his PPVs international outside of HBO didn't even use HBO announcers. So I don't see why DAZN would have anything to do with international. I don't even think they aired Joshua fight internationally either. Joshua fight I believe aired on Sky in the UK not DAZN.
                    DAZN isn't HBO. HBO didn't pay Canelo $36.5 mil a fight either. Joshua/Matchroom has a deal with SKY. They can't break deals already in place. DAZN did make a deal with SKY to show all the other DAZN cards though.

Comment

Canelo definitely has a shot. At the same time of their careers, Canelo has made far more and he has a 10 fight guarantee of $36.5m per fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X