• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    I'm with you that Moorer beats Baer for the most part,

Based of what?

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      I'm with you that Moorer beats Baer for the most part, but, the guy is not in discussion for best light heavyweight ever, nor is he close.
      22-0, 22KOs. 9 title defenses.

There are guys that I might rank above him at 175 but he would hold his own in the ring against any of them. He belongs in the discussion.

Originally posted by Napoleon Wilson View Post
      What?
      What was your other screen name?
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-02-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        22-0, 22KOs. 9 title defenses.

There are guys that I might rank above him at 175 but he would hold his own in the ring against any of them. He belongs in the discussion.
        The coward literally "won" a world title that was made up out of thin air. XD

He also fought a list of nobody bums whilst ducking EVERY credible fighter or champion in the division. To protect that glass chin. XD

Virgil Hill would put this coward to sleep and you know it.
        That's not the only guy this chicken ***** ducked......
        I'm not sure If this clown would have even got past
        Charles Williams tbh.

Even Adonis Stevenson has a more credible run at light heavy than bum Moorer.
        That is just pathetic.

What was your other screen name?
        Never had another name. I am new here.

Comment

Think moorer right jab is the equalizer in the fight. Michael was a very athletic guy don’t forget. Baer liked a good brawl
          And I think moorer moves enough a gets out of dodge winning a close fight

Comment

Baer, by savage Hebrew death blow.... Sampson style.

Comment

Shoulder Roll's argument regarding a Kronk trained fighter against a technically limited Baer holds the best argument.

If Moore could stand in front of Foreman (until he didn't) he should be able to out box Baer more often than not.

Moore's technical sophistication wins every fight that goes to the score cards, occasionally a big Baer right hand will catch Moore's dimple (as Foreman did) and it will be Baer by KO --- but still bet Moore by UD.

Comment

Moorer is in the discussion for best light heavyweight ever. At heavyweight he was well rounded AND surprisingly carried his power up.
                Go back and read some of The Ring and BI magazine articles right after the Holyfield fight. There are repeated articles and a general consensuses that Moorer is going to be unbeatable for the next five years.

He wasn't only viewed as a legit HW champion but expected to be a dominate one. In the discussion for sure; for six months the experts thought him unbeatable as a HW, never mind LHW.

So much prestige slipped away because of one loss; no other sport is so hard on its athletes (as we can be).

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
                  Go back and read some of The Ring and BI magazine articles right after the Holyfield fight. There are repeated articles and a general consensuses that Moorer is going to be unbeatable for the next five years.

He wasn't only viewed as a legit HW champion but expected to be a dominate one. In the discussion for sure; for six months the experts thought him unbeatable as a HW, never mind LHW.

So much prestige slipped away because of one loss; no other sport is so hard on its athletes (as we can be).
                  Yep.

The Foreman loss was absolutely devastating to his legacy and how he is remembered

Even though it was a fight he was handily winning until disaster struck.

Comment

fMoorer was a hell or a fighter, in both divisions and hate to rock this boat back and fourth, but I would also put him in a discussion of one of the best light heavies... Technically superb, he was also known to be a fighter looked up to by other fighters for his abilities.

I think Bauer was a danger to almost any fighter with that right but moorer could probably avoid it and win...like he was doing against Foreman. Bauer never dedicated himself to a point where he could maximize his natural ability. Actually Bauer kind of reminds me of Wilder in some ways lol!! Great punch, but not much else to sustain the attacks with. They were also built in similar fashion.

Comment

----------- Moorer (Foreman) ----- Baer (Louis)

Age --------- 26 --------------------- 26
                      Weight ----- 222 ------------------- 210
                      Height ------ 6 2 ½ ----------------- 6 2
                      Reach -------78 -------------------- 81 1/2
                      Chest (n) --- 42 1/2 ---------------- 44
                      Chest (e) --- 44 --------------------- 47
                      Biceps ------ 17 --------------------- 14 3/4
                      Forearm ---- 14 --------------------- 14
                      Waist ------- 34 --------------------- 33
                      Thigh ------- 26 1/2 ---------------- 18
                      Calf --------- 17 --------------------- 13
                      Neck -------- 20 --------------------- 17
                      Wrist --------- 8 ---------------------- 8
                      Fist ---------- 12 --------------------- ?
                      Ankle -------- 13 -------------------- 8 1/2

Chest and reach to Baer.

Weight; bicep; and neck to Moorer.

Thigh; calf; and ankle to Moorer.

I had to doubt check the "thigh" numbers but those are the recorded numbers. Either Moorer has large legs or Baer had bird legs.

P.S. I am not sure if any of this is worth anything, but if they are going to have both normal and expanded chest why not have normal and flexed biceps?
                      Last edited by Dempsey-Louis; 09-03-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X