Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2018, 12:47 PM #1
Moller Moller is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Denmark
Posts: 29
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Moller is on a distinguished road
Points: 14,970.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,970.67
Default Training to get back to health

Hey guys!

I used to train alot, both weight and boxing. Last summer, i suffered an injury in my elbows, i thought, but due to help from a pro, it were something i was born with, and currently training to get it fixed, and its getting better.

I havent trained since june last year, i suffered bad anxiety and depression, but im through it, and is talking with a therapist! My battle with the mental health is getting better and better each day, got a new girlfriend ( best friend the last 6 years ) and just got accepted to my dream education! so now its time to get my body in shape also, i dont want to train for fights or muscle, but for health and keep in shape. And i want you guys advice on the situation.

My weight is 85 kg and 183 cm 22 years old, im not fat, but i want to get down in weight, and get more definition and lose the fat on the sides. 78-79 kg would be fine i think. Cleaned up my diet to some bread/yoghurt with fruit each morning, and for lunch a salat with some meat and carb source, or some sandwiches ( not white bread ) with meat and salad. Dinner is meat, rice/pasta/potatoes and veggies.

Training 3 times a week, running each time then i do alot of back/leg/core exercises in circuit 3-5 sets of 10 reps.
Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-05-2018, 01:58 PM #2
Steven Mccowan Steven Mccowan is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,988
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Steven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Mccowan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,039,595.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,039,595.62
Default

Good job and good luck man
Steven Mccowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:06 AM #3
OctoberRed OctoberRed is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Age: 41
Posts: 9,691
Quoted: 3711 Post(s)
Rep Power: 78
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default

Good luck man. Let us know how it goes.
OctoberRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:16 PM #4
Moller Moller is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Denmark
Posts: 29
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Moller is on a distinguished road
Points: 14,970.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,970.67
Default

Thank you guys, my main focus right now, is to rehab my elbows, and then focus on cardio - Legs/Back/core circuit, 3 days each week, and more healthy food.

Maybe im gonna make this my log have a nice day.
Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:55 PM #5
abracada abracada is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,803
Quoted: 1139 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,001,000,000,094,208.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,001,000,000,094,208.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Hey guys!

I used to train alot, both weight and boxing. Last summer, i suffered an injury in my elbows, i thought, but due to help from a pro, it were something i was born with, and currently training to get it fixed, and its getting better.

I havent trained since june last year, i suffered bad anxiety and depression, but im through it, and is talking with a therapist! My battle with the mental health is getting better and better each day, got a new girlfriend ( best friend the last 6 years ) and just got accepted to my dream education! so now its time to get my body in shape also, i dont want to train for fights or muscle, but for health and keep in shape. And i want you guys advice on the situation.

My weight is 85 kg and 183 cm 22 years old, im not fat, but i want to get down in weight, and get more definition and lose the fat on the sides. 78-79 kg would be fine i think. Cleaned up my diet to some bread/yoghurt with fruit each morning, and for lunch a salat with some meat and carb source, or some sandwiches ( not white bread ) with meat and salad. Dinner is meat, rice/pasta/potatoes and veggies.

Training 3 times a week, running each time then i do alot of back/leg/core exercises in circuit 3-5 sets of 10 reps.
People here will disagree but I will outdo them in this argument.

Nutrition is 85% of the battle. Sort out your macros, food, nutrition and you will shed the fat and even gain muscle.

Weights and cardio are important, but NOONE can outrun a large dominos pizza or a bad diet unless they do a marathon everyday.

Start with the food itís the easiest, donít cut back loads of calories just make clever swaps eg cake for a fried egg, or crisps for some oats.
Once you nailed the nutrition then really go for weights and cardio.

Good luck.
abracada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:44 AM #6
OctoberRed OctoberRed is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Age: 41
Posts: 9,691
Quoted: 3711 Post(s)
Rep Power: 78
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracada View Post
People here will disagree but I will outdo them in this argument.

Nutrition is 85% of the battle. Sort out your macros, food, nutrition and you will shed the fat and even gain muscle.

Weights and cardio are important, but NOONE can outrun a large dominos pizza or a bad diet unless they do a marathon everyday.

Start with the food itís the easiest, donít cut back loads of calories just make clever swaps eg cake for a fried egg, or crisps for some oats.
Once you nailed the nutrition then really go for weights and cardio.

Good luck.
Damn right. As soon as I kept my calories to a minimum, the weight came off much easier.
OctoberRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:52 PM #7
Moller Moller is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Denmark
Posts: 29
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Moller is on a distinguished road
Points: 14,970.67
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,970.67
Default

Currently im running 3 days a week, and then im doing squats, superman ( back exercise ) and situps, with forearm exercises ( for my elbows ) and stretches.

Hoping to do pullups, pushups, situps in 3 months. But i rather go easy, get my elbows 100% ready!

currently im 82 kg in the morning, going easy though, just eating clean.
Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:12 PM #8
OctoberRed OctoberRed is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Age: 41
Posts: 9,691
Quoted: 3711 Post(s)
Rep Power: 78
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Currently im running 3 days a week, and then im doing squats, superman ( back exercise ) and situps, with forearm exercises ( for my elbows ) and stretches.

Hoping to do pullups, pushups, situps in 3 months. But i rather go easy, get my elbows 100% ready!

currently im 82 kg in the morning, going easy though, just eating clean.
That's actually pretty good, better than me.
OctoberRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:18 PM #9
WonderMonkey WonderMonkey is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 307
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
WonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,054.30
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,054.30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Currently im running 3 days a week, and then im doing squats, superman ( back exercise ) and situps, with forearm exercises ( for my elbows ) and stretches.

Hoping to do pullups, pushups, situps in 3 months. But i rather go easy, get my elbows 100% ready!

currently im 82 kg in the morning, going easy though, just eating clean.

I think it is very smart to acclimate your body, your elbows and supporting "things", before tearing into it too hard.
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:36 PM #10
OctoberRed OctoberRed is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Age: 41
Posts: 9,691
Quoted: 3711 Post(s)
Rep Power: 78
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,990.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
I think it is very smart to acclimate your body, your elbows and supporting "things", before tearing into it too hard.
Thats what I was thinking. Thats a bad ass workout
OctoberRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
back, health, training

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.