No announcement yet.

Any American Wilder fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any American Wilder fans?

I'm really becoming a big fan of Wilder, and it grows after every match. And I just don't see how some people on here can still hate the guy. I assume most are just hardcore joshua fans or something, but I don't see alot of us support, atleast on these forums. Wilder comes off very classy in his post fight interviews always giving alot of respect and admiration. He always goes for the ko when the opportunity arrises, and I honestly don't see how some accuse him of cherry picking. He's fighting everyone he should be fighting, and joshua parker winner is next.

Yeah man, count me in.

I知 proud to be a fan for many years now.

Honestly watching him be successful with a huge punch and huge self belief inspires me when I go to the boxing gym.

I知 not the prettiest but I got a little pop in my punch and I知 down to see who痴 the last man standing, just like Wilder

Comment

Wilder is the man and Roll Tide.

Comment

any american that doesnt like him should not be considered american

Comment

Yup, been a fan of his since he won that title.

He started boxing at a very late age and was able to obtain a bronze medal in the olympics and became a world champion (albeit in a weak era).

What I really like about him is his personality. He's not a boring drone like Crawford and Spence (though I'm a fan of both of those guys as well) and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
            any american that doesnt like him should not be considered american
            Exactly

Comment

they hated technical boxing, it was boring, they loved knock outs but now they want "more technical" knock outs....

Comment

I have been following Wilder ever since he competed in the Olympics. On another boxing board (now defunct) I started a thread shortly after his pro career started stating that he was the future of American Heavyweights. I was literally laughed at and I understood. Look. Everyone knows he isn't the most skillful fighter out there but he is charismatic,powerful and always in great shape. That used to be a recipe for fame in the USA for a heavyweight fighter but unfortuntely for Wilder, he came around about 25 to 30 years too late. Boxing lost the casual fan base years ago in the USA for various reasons and Wilder suffers for it. I watched ESPN Sports Center after the fight,again in the morning when I woke up and there was no mention of this fight. The Mainstream news/Sports media in this country completely ignored it. That tells you something dosen't it ?

Comment

Hell Yeah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                    Yeah man, count me in.

I知 proud to be a fan for many years now.

Honestly watching him be successful with a huge punch and huge self belief inspires me when I go to the boxing gym.

I知 not the prettiest but I got a little pop in my punch and I知 down to see who痴 the last man standing, just like Wilder
                    Good ****, he was really spreading the self belief gospel sat night

Comment

Working...
                    X