Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder; McGregor or Robert Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who hits harder; McGregor or Robert Guerrero?

I'd say out of Floyd's last 12 fights he's the only one that's arguable.

Oscar
    Hatton
    Marquez
    Mosley
    Ortiz
    Cotto
    Guerrero
    Canelo
    Maidana x2
    Pacquaio
    Berto

Some people seem to be of the opinion that McGregor is a big puncher. I've seen nothing to suggest that but I suppose it's an interesting argument.

Does he hit harder than any of those? As I said only one I think is possibly arguable is Guerrero. But I would still say Ghost to be honest.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-16-2017, 04:59 PM.

Obviously Guerrero, he's been training with his hands for 20+ years. Hitting hard isn't only about who's more heavy-handed, but who's more accurate and uses correct technique and timing. McGregor KOs guys with 4oz gloves, who aren't trained to defend punches specifically, that makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I'd say out of Floyd's last 12 fights he's the only one that's arguable.

Oscar
      Hatton
      Marquez
      Mosley
      Ortiz
      Cotto
      Guerrero
      Canelo
      Maidana x2
      Pacquaio
      Berto

Some people seem to be of the opinion that McGregor is a big puncher. I've seen nothing to suggest that but I suppose it's a interesting argument.

Does he hit harder than any of those? As I said only one I think is possibly arguable is Guerrero. But I would still say Ghost to be honest.
      I've spent the last week arguing this same exact thing.

Thing is, like maybe if you stand still and let him punch you, MAYBE he hits harder than some of the guys on your list.

But it's so much more than that. Putting himself into a position to even land a real good power shot is going to be hard enough.

Mayweather is going to walk Conor down and stop him. Complete and utter goddamn mismatch.

Ish makes my head hurt when I see people talking like Conor can win.

Comment

hard to tell

anyone is a hard puncher with 4 ounce gloves on

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          I've spent the last week arguing this same exact thing.

Thing is, like maybe if you stand still and let him punch you, MAYBE he hits harder than some of the guys on your list.

But it's so much more than that. Putting himself into a position to even land a real good power shot is going to be hard enough.

Mayweather is going to walk Conor down and stop him. Complete and utter goddamn mismatch.

Ish makes my head hurt when I see people talking like Conor can win.
          I think everyone except Ghost DEFINITELY punch harder.

But agree with you entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            Obviously Guerrero, he's been training with his hands for 20+ years. Hitting hard isn't only about who's more heavy-handed, but who's more accurate and uses correct technique and timing. McGregor KOs guys with 4oz gloves, who aren't trained to defend punches specifically, that makes a big difference.
            True, true.

Good points.

Comment

It is not about power as in heavy hands and raw strength..Distance,timing both are hard to gauge on the elite level..Balance is also key and when and where you land the punch you want to land...Like in the 1st Kovalev-Ward fight..Kovalev landed the perfect punch as far as timing but he did not turn his punch correctly or land it as accurately as he should have

Comment

put any of those guys to hit someone with 4 oz gloves and lets see what happens.

mcgregor will have no power with 10 oz gloves. none

Comment

I do think he punches harder than Ghost with his left hand. I'm not sure he can throw with the same power with his right hand.

This is the best part about the debate. Everyone thinks McGregor is just going to be some huge puncher in boxing where he can't set his range up with kicks, and his opponents won't give him big openings.

Even funnier is when people say he is faster ����

Comment

If you put 4oz gloves on anyone in that list they would hurt you. McGregors timing is very good but that's against UFC fighters that move and attack in a very different way. He simply won't get the opportunity to time Floyd. Floyd by KO rd 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X