Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Want To Wait Until 12/1 For Wilder-Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know your just at panic mode now incase wilder knocks out fury becomes a star in his own country makes it a 50/50 split and you lose out big if negotiations start Dec 1st so be it should of made the fight before povektein

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      If Parker got 32.5% with no fan base, Wilder is worth 40% with a US following and being known in the UK.

not gonna argue

just that the STARTING point HAS to be 32.5% minimum, as per Parker's purse

until that happens, no serious discussion is being harmed in the making of that fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        Parker’s a bigger star in New Zealand/Australia than wilder is in the us. Well he was at the times the deal was made anyway.

sure.... but that is because there are only 62 of us living here

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Are you talking ratio to population? Otherwise, Wilder has far more paying fans and viewership.

yea

Comment

Damn Hearn Flip Flops Daily

Comment

Originally posted by R.KHLMS4LIFE View Post
              If the fight sales 500k and Wilder wins then 40% if fight sales 1m over then it's worth 50/50. Parker got around a 3rd wilders worth at least a 3rd a win over fury 40-50% pending sales n then once Wilder beats Joshua the rematch Wilder gets 60% if rematch is cause Wilder lost 33%. Though I honestly see Joshua not that athletic and has a ? Chin I see him having a tougher fight with a good chance of losing to luis Ortiz if they fight within a year after that year Ortiz would've aged out. While Joshua is more technical and strong Wilder is just as strong has to have some type of technical abilities he doesn't use cause he did win a medal in the Olympics (Olympic boxing is more technical) plus Wilder is faster quicker with more agility 2 inch reach Wilder will have easier time beating Joshua n his style than he will fury and his style

he won't get 50%, and nor should he

I support Wilder, but Joshua is a waaaaay bigger

if he got offered 40%, he should take it in a heartbeat

I think he should take 35%, but they have not offered anything close to that

for some reason, 37.5% sounds fair to me, but they will have to crunch some numbers I guess..... which could be why Hearn is in such a hurry to get that fight signed now

Comment

**** having that fight on 04/13 anyway. If it's gonna be ppv in the US then I don't want to watch that at 5pm. Let him do his fight with Whyte in April, Wilder does a fight on FOX with Brezeale to get more casuals excited and then they fight each other afterward. I refuse to pay a full ppv fee for an afternoon fight

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  not gonna argue

just that the STARTING point HAS to be 32.5% minimum, as per Parker's purse

until that happens, no serious discussion is being harmed in the making of that fight lol
                  Agree 1000%. Now Eddie has a matrix based on the Fury fight ppv numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                    I appreciate I'm probably sounding borderline annoying with how much I say "there's two sides to this"

BUT

Hearn is very naive if he thinks that any substantive moves are going to be made regarding the deal at this point given that Wilder's numbers will have a significant bearing on his split for an AJ fight. Most likely Hearn just wants to make a point for PR reasons, but I think most people have lost interest in this PR battle by now and frankly just want to see the two sides get down to actual business.

This doesn't mean that Finkel shouldn't consent to the meeting, given the magnitude of this fight. Getting the two sides in a room together will move things along substantially, and it will only take a few hours out of Shelly's day. At times Finkel seems to be taking things very personally which could be an obstacle to negotiations. Cancelling the meeting when Hearn was in New York last time was absolutely ludicrous, even if Hearn was clearly being a dick. If the two sides are really serious about getting the fight made they really should be meeting in person or at least talking on the telephone/skype etc.

The phoney war continues
                    The fallout from the talks before the Povetkin fight is real. Finkell is in no position to do Eddie Hearn any favors, especially after Hearn was basically caught bull****ting.

The second Wembley date has no bearing on Wilder; he's going to have the Fury fight, start the negotiations there, and make the fight if it can be made. If Eddie Hearn bull****s again (still shorting the money, demanding that the US TV goes through DAZN, etc), Wilder moves on to his next fight, and then tries the talks after that next fight.

Comment

I think Wilder now deserves a percentage of whatever they would be making, his profile has risen tenfolds since he attached his name to Joshua's name. He is having his first PPV against a good name, and this fight has built on from 6-8 months ago. But hopefully the would all sit down after the fury fight and work something out. This no sitting down thing is crazy IMHO, you want to make a fight or serious about making a fight then you sit down and do that. You cannot make an offer and then refuse to meet to discuss that offer lol. Maybe thats how things get done in a drug deal but no at this sort of level.

Comment

Working...
                      X