Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so many media outlets and fans that saw the fight for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk about that. I think HBO steers fans pretty well. Certainly better than any other announcing crew.
    Well Kellerman and Jones were spewing pro-Canelo praise all night, so that certainly did not help fans to see GGG winning.

What helped saw fans see GGG win was that he actually won the fight.

Yes, Canelo fought extremely well, gave GGG a hell of a challenge, made GGG box more, and stood his ground in the middle of the ring. But GGG stood right there with him, throwing and landing more shots, making Canelo fade and become sloppy in the second half, while GGG himself upped the pace.

Comment

Cause they didnt properly see the swelling on golovkin s face, they scored it round by round like noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Well Kellerman and Jones were spewing pro-Canelo praise all night, so that certainly did not help fans to see GGG winning.

What helped saw fans see GGG win was that he actually won the fight.

Yes, Canelo fought extremely well, gave GGG a hell of a challenge, made GGG box more, and stood his ground in the middle of the ring. But GGG stood right there with him, throwing and landing more shots, making Canelo fade and become sloppy in the second half, while GGG himself upped the pace.
        Sh^t like I've said over & over I HAD GGG WINNING, but it was still super close & virtually everyone I hear doing more then saying they had it 7-5 GGG are saying "it was super close & coulda went either way...I just happened to see it GGG's way...but have no problem with the result" & a lot of f#cking people had it 7-5 GGG so my assumption is a lot of people felt it was super close & either guy coulda got the decision cuz thats what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Because they haven't seen the pic of GGG's bruised face... Duuh
          So Pacquiao lost to Clottey too then lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            Because it was a close fight. The two are evenly matched at this point in their careers.

Lots of people are wrapped up in loving or hating one or the other fighter. For tons of reasons having nothing to do with the actual sport of boxing.

Neither fight was decisive. So people disagree, and they bring all the other crap into it.
            very interesting to be "evenly matched at this point in their careers". One is supposedly prime and elite and a cheater while the other is 36 and on the downslide, yet still evenly matched at this point, nicely said.

Comment

Personally, I think it's due to the preconception bias. When one fighter does better than expected, or does something different, it creates a narrative that is hard to ignore. Folks associate a fighter with what's expected of them. Canelo standing toe to toe and pressuring was an unexpected twist to the story, and he was rewarded for it.

I don't think the judges were paid off or anything like that. But Golovkin's style is pleasing to the judges when he's utterly dominating. When he's missing and taking hits, the judges are turned off by it. Contrast it against someone like Lara, Rigo and Mayweather, who as movers are always pleasant to the eyes of the judges - even when they're not being effective.

Comment

I've never been a big fan of Harold Lederman scores. Well he is alright but I usually differ from him by a round or two. He needs to hang it up.

Comment

I had it 115-113 for Golovkin during the live broadcast, and I only had RD10 as a definitive round for Golovkin, so considering how corrupt boxing is, Canelo getting the nod in this close fight wasn't even controversial for me.

Comment

because they don't know sh-it about boxing. larry scored it for canelo are you saying he's biased?

Comment

because it was such a close fight and they had to go for someone, a draw was good, if i was GG i would be pissed my belts went on that decision and my record

Comment

Working...
                      X