Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Would Like Wilder, But No Interest in Time Waster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie is the best interview and promoter right now, but should not speak on this. A guy who's regarded as a much better fighter than Joshua, Fury, is taking an insane fight after 2 lackluster tuneups. It's not intentional, but Hearn/Joshua look horrible in this right now. Eddie knows this. He's trying to sell the stock, but fans see it.

Comment

What more can Hearn really do? They've agreed to wilders demands, they want the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        Hearn keeps flapping his yap, but I've started to lose interest in
        a potential Wilder-Joshua fight. The fight starts to become less
        mouth watering when you realize that one of the fighters really
        does not want to fight the other.
        I think Wilder does actually want to fight AJ just not Finkel. I mean he did actually fight Ortiz after fourty fights of running ok Ortiz looked old and slow in his previous three fights but he was still highly regarded Stateside and Fury looks terrible compared to his Vlad days but he stills has the boxing brain and the skills.

Comment

Fu*k Hearn! Just ignore him, and focus on Fury! It would be stupid on Wilder's part, to negotiate anything before the numbers come in from the Fury PPV fight!

PBC/SHO should make Breazeale vs. Ortiz for the Wilder vs. Fury undercard! If Breazeale beats Ortiz, it will make him a viable opponent! If Ortiz wins, then I believe he's earned a rematch!

Let Whyte, Chisora, and Joshua do their thing in the UK, while Wilder, Ortiz, Kownacki, and Breazeale do their thing in the U.S.! Is it too early for Ugonoh vs. Ajagba?
          Last edited by Bronx2245; 08-29-2018, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            this is the groundwork designed to ensure that Joshua fights someone not named Wilder in April

this is EXACTLY like Mayweather/Pacquiao

that fight will happen when the Manny-cow..... ooops, I mean..... the Joshua-cow..... is milked dry

can't have anything upsetting the apple-cart now, can we ?
            Pretty much. Daddy Hearn says fall 2019 is the earliest a Wilder fight should happen. I hardly believe that son and fighter believe different.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
              I think Wilder does actually want to fight AJ just not Finkel. I mean he did actually fight Ortiz after fourty fights of running ok Ortiz looked old and slow in his previous three fights but he was still highly regarded Stateside and Fury looks terrible compared to his Vlad days but he stills has the boxing brain and the skills.
              Why would Hearn be talking about those "terms" when Team Wilder said (days after the negotiations fell apart and Hearn announced that Joshua would be fighting Povetkin) that those "terms" were off the table and that for an April fight the negotiations would start at 50-50.

You and others spent days arguing that Wilder didn't want the fight because he asked for 50-50 in April. So why is Hearn bringing up the flat fee when he knows it's been emphatically rejected for April?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                Pretty much. Daddy Hearn says fall 2019 is the earliest a Wilder fight should happen. I hardly believe that son and fighter believe different.
                Can't really blame Hearn and AJ if Wilder has a 2 fight deal with Fury which will make it impossible for the fight in April.

Also Wilders team won't even have a business meeting with Hearn or communicate to organise some provisional dates and splits, the wouldn't even meet AJ's team when they offered the 50 mil, bit strange don't you think?

Comment

Cause rejecting 50 million after demanding it is not a waste of time , sending an actual contract with no date or venue is not a waste of time. Wilder or anyone else for that matter wouldn’t negotiate a fight now with a big fight on the horizon. Why is Eddie hell bent that wilder signs now ? Cause he will get Whyte to sign before wilder fights fury and use this as his next excuse and then blame wilder. If they want wilder they should wait for the results of his fight with fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                    Cause rejecting 50 million after demanding it is not a waste of time , sending an actual contract with no date or venue is not a waste of time. Wilder or anyone else for that matter wouldn’t negotiate a fight now with a big fight on the horizon. Why is Eddie hell bent that wilder signs now ? Cause he will get Whyte to sign before wilder fights fury and use this as his next excuse and then blame wilder. If they want wilder they should wait for the results of his fight with fury.
                    Come on man the 50 mil wasn't even a demand the guy just said he'd take the fight for 50 mil thinking it was all hypothetical. Wilder then called him out saying he had to take it literally no questions asked (this inc no date or venue btw, which you just regarded as a waste). All Wilder had to do was request a date range at the least but he didn't even try that.

Comment

Running out of time? For a potential fight in April? When Joshua hasn’t even fought the fight that is signed? How long of a training camp does AJ need? Running out of time? It seems only the thing Hearns is running out of is excuses....time? He’s acting like he’s booking tour dates for drake. There’s plenty of “time”. Boy, this man has been in the bob arum school of “spinning to milk your cash cow by making win-able in house fights”....the name is catcher then it sounds.
                      Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 08-29-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X