Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Was Fury/Wilder A Robbery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

115-111 for Wilder is a corrupt card. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      You're entitled to your opinion.
      I saw a Wilder who looked lost.
      I saw an unconscious Fury

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        I saw an unconscious Fury

I saw a fury who beat the count.

Regardless I think a rematch is coming.
        Maybe Wilder can get a trainer that can teach him to go to the body. It is my believe that had Wilder actually worked the body those first rounds they would have kept Fury from getting up in that 12th. We'll see in the rematch.

Comment

Deontay Wilder won at the very least three of the first five rounds, add two more for the knockdowns of rounds 9 and 12 and all Deontay needed is one more round to win.

Comment

By the rules of boxing scoring Fury won and was robbed. But it was not a blatant robbery. With the two knockdowns and home advantage it was close and was to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Deontay Wilder won at the very least three of the first five rounds, add two more for the knockdowns of rounds 9 and 12 and all Deontay needed is one more round to win.
              Your mainman got outboxed by a 'eurobum brit' coming off 2 years of partying

Comment

Fury won 10 rounds so yes, he got robbed badly.

Comment

I’m fine with the draw, the punch stats were hella close, and Fury took two knockdowns. If people gave ten rounds to Fury, cool. But I don’t see it. There were incredibly close rounds that could have gone either way.

The Mexican card was BS, but people who say “robbery” with a 114-112 card is rediculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                    Not a fan of either. But yeah, Fury won that. Two 10-8 rounds is lesser than 10 10-9 rounds. Simple math even a pre-schooler can understand
                    Except that Fury didn't win 10 rounds unless you're an outright Fury fan.

Fury landed an average of only 7 punches per round. Wilder landed, on average, a measly 6 punches per round. With so few connecting it's absolutely left in the hands of the judges to try to figure out who actually won a round because no one controlled anything (beyond the 2 knockdowns). It quite literally could come down to who threw more leather or 1 punch in the round being the most solid blow.

Can Fury get points for his defense? Sure, but unless that defense sets up the offense there's not much to award. Can Wilder get points for throwing more? Sure, but aggression isn't highly scored unless it's effective. Can Fury get points for ring generalship by controlling the action? Yes, but not much if he spends more time on "controlling" and less on "action". Can Wilder get points for cleaner punches? Sure, but not many when there weren't many punches landed.

The draw was the right call here because frankly neither guy did enough to win.

Comment

Fury won 8 or 9 rounds ffs

Comment

Working...
                      X