Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loma fights DIRTY, and that's ok with me.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Then he would have looked like Hopkins, feigning an injury. I think people would have known.
    even so, he would have protected that "0", that could have set back Loma's career and I doubt Rigo would rematch him

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      I personally dont like the dirty stuff, never have. I will say though if you are getting done dirty get dirty back until the ref handles it. I was a little surprised the ref allowed Loma to hammer fist Rigo and just kind of gave him a flippant warning. I think the best way to put an end to someone hitting you low is to return the favor x2 as an example, I dont however think it should be part of any fighters tactic going in to a fight. The punch after the bell was retaliation but uncalled for in my opinion and could have ended badly for Loma.
      Steve Willis specifically didn’t acknowledge Loma’s pullout clinch tactic when he demonstrated it in the locker room... Why did ESPN show that? Was Willis in on that? If Willis thought this were to be problematic, why didn’t Willis separate two distinct sized opponents when they were tumbling around doing so? Since when do refs not break awkward clinching? Seems rather practical for Willis to let this stuff go under an ESPN bout when that particular “problem” as commentary mentioned wasn’t even controlled... and the commentary team said Loma felt it to be a problem... never understood why industry hates Rigo. DiBella made mannerisms about Santa Cruz fighting Rigo as falling asleep.. as did Barry McGuigan when asked...the most ducked fighter, including him calling out Chocolatito... shįt industry dumped Choco so they might as well had made the fight

And people still contemplating why Atlas didn’t commentate. This fight, along with no promotion was shady as foook
      Last edited by Lester Tutor; 12-11-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Comparing Ward and Loma in dirty tactics is comical. Kessler suffered four cuts on his face/head from Ward's elbows and forehead. Kovalev got low-blowed into submission and many of Ward's opponents have called him a dirty fighter to include Froch, Barrera, Rodriguez and others. Loma had to muscle his way out of Rigo's vice-like clinches and holding. Rigo bent his head down below his waist and turned his back of Loma. Just got schooled and toyed with. While Loma did tag Rigo after the bell it was during a heated moment trying to wrangle out of Rigo's clutch.

Loma is not going to allow himself to be cheap-shotted and roughed up with dirty tactics the way Salido was able to get away with. We have all seen what Ward, Hopkins, Floyd, Rigo and Salido have gotten away with in their careers with excessive clinching, forearms, pushing, theatrics and other tactics. Loma will take matters into his own hands of the ref want do his job. Thank Salido for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Comparing Ward and Loma in dirty tactics is comical. Kessler suffered four cuts on his face/head from Ward's elbows and forehead. Kovalev got low-blowed into submission and many of Ward's opponents have called him a dirty fighter to include Froch, Barrera, Rodriguez and others. Loma had to muscle his way out of Rigo's vice-like clinches and holding. Rigo bent his head down below his waist and turned his back of Loma. Just got schooled and toyed with. While Loma did tag Rigo after the bell it was during a heated moment trying to wrangle out of Rigo's clutch.

Loma is not going to allow himself to be cheap-shotted and roughed up with dirty tactics the way Salido was able to get away with. We have all seen what Ward, Hopkins, Floyd, Rigo and Salido have gotten away with in their careers with excessive clinching, forearms, pushing, theatrics and other tactics. Loma will take matters into his own hands of the ref want do his job. Thank Salido for that.
          If ESPN focused to coincidentally broadcast Loma’s concern about clinching, then why didn’t ESPN show Willis demonstrating to Rigo not what to do in his locker room?!.. you realize Loma and ESPN fumbled on the logic they were presenting to the public in the locker room, that was Willis telling Loma not do what Loma was requesting to do

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Never been against dirty tactics, but I've noticed he has a hell of a mean streak inside the ring too. Not showboating but things like staring at Walters after figuring him out then waving goodbye to him, screaming to Rigondeaux "You're mine" in the end of second round and punching him after the bell in 4th just to piss Rigo off. He loves mindfucking them
            I love that, it's different, too many run of the mill AJs out there right now, squeeky clean and boring

Comment

Speaking of Salido didn't see his last fight but saw the highlights he was low balling Ramirez to the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                Punching After The Bell Pussy!
                Imitating a punch.
                Which he did after Rigo tried to tear his head off with submission lock, after the bell.
                Freshen up your memory:
                https://youtu.be/1_mzs9edfwQ?t=1247

Comment

Hm didn't seem that dirty to me but maybe I will rewatch the fight some time and look for what you are referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    Never been against dirty tactics, but I've noticed he has a hell of a mean streak inside the ring too. Not showboating but things like staring at Walters after figuring him out then waving goodbye to him, screaming to Rigondeaux "You're mine" in the end of second round and punching him after the bell in 4th just to piss Rigo off. He loves mindfucking them
                    He is a boring fighter in his first few fights and pesonally, it underwhelmed me.

I think his antics are intentional to prop up the entertainment value of his fights. I am actually complimenting him because he exerting effort to be fan-friendly unlike many fighters who are content to protect their record at the expense of a boring fight.

Comment

You must have lost your mind to compare Loma vs that cheat.

Rigo was bending below the waist, which is illegal. Loma had every right to hit him in the back of the head.

Comment

Working...
                      X