Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: 50-50 or NO Joshua Fight, No Surprise if I KO Him in One!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one can seriously blame Wilder for attempting to get as much $ as possible.

but if we're honest about what's public regarding each guy's drawing power...it's pretty clear AJ/Wilder isn't 50/50 purely on economics.

Comment

The average American doesn’t know AJ or Wilder. Boxing attendance is very slow in the USA. It’s hard to call your price when youre discounting tickets and can’t sellout venues. Wilder NEEDs Joshua for a BIG payday.

Comment

so where are larry and co who always used to say "pac shouldnt negotiate and take whatever is offered"...altho pac at one stage was just as much of a star, if not bigger than may

im just curious

Comment

Said at the time it was ridiculous to have that pinned thread about wilder v joshua, glad its been taken down. Shows how ****ing stupid a lot of people on this forum are that they sided with the guy whos never fought a legit guy in almost 40 fights ahead of the fighter who took on klitschko after 19 fights. Can cry and moan about failed tests but the ortiz pull out looks ridiculous now in hindsight (again as i said at the time)

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            So Wilder is posturing? And people are acting like starting out asking for 50/50 is a big deal, like this contract has already been chiseled into a stone tablet and there will be no movement from here?

Wilder obviously wants the most money possible this is a huge fight, but if a guy wants 50/50 they never start at asking for 50/50. This fight ain't going down next so it doesn't matter what Wilder says now.

People acting like this matter are fools, because this is a very big money fight~. To people that say Wilder brings nothing an American audience is very important to growing Joshua further and Wilder is a key to that. Does Joshua want to keep making the same amount or does he want to make even more and be even bigger. Plus a loud mouth American champ is likely to create more drama in the UK market than non-descript Kiwi. So Wilder will make a lot more than Parker just due to what he actually brings to the table in terms of selling a big fight.

We are seeing what Parker is doing in trying to sell a big fight, does it seem big league or bush league? So whatever Parker gets Wilder will get and deserve at least 10% more. Wilder will only get 50/50 if the fight does insane in the US and ended up with a bigger split in US revenue than Joshua. Very unlikely to occur but Wilder getting more from the US should not be a deal breaker for Joshua as long as he is getting a higher percentage split from the UK in comparison to what Wilder gets, so say Joshua gets 80/20 from the UK (which might even be low for Joshua) Wilder getting 60/40 from the US should be fine to him.

That more than likely won't be 50/50 overall, and this deal will be complicated so Wilder talking in generalities means nothing.
            To be fair, Wilder has been quite unequivocal that it is 50-50 or nothing as this is now the second time that he's said this, with the addition of this time he's threatened to walk if he doesn't get what he wants. Those themselves are worrying signs because it doesn't overly sound like he's willing to negotiate at all.

Obviously we can hope that in private his stance isn't quite so harsh and that this fight can get made, but you can't blame people for taking Wilder at his word on this one.

Other than that point I totally agree with what you're saying.

Comment

First of all this is a negotiating tactic. He knows we will not get 50%. 40% is realistic and reasonable. He does hold the green belt and that matters!

All these AJ fans crack me up though. The guy won a fight against and old man and damn near lost it. Anthony Joshua can make a fine living fighting bums in the UK but he will never be considered great if he does that. Plus I feel like he is more likely to lose before Wilder. AJ does not strike fear into his opponets. Wilder does even if his skills are lacking. He has at least dared to be great by signing on the dotted line against the most dangerous heavyweights in the division even though they didn't work out. Aj? Not so much.

Comment

Well no response from Hearn yet, I'm starting to go off of the Joshua camp as they are just greedy. Joshua hasn't looked that good since becoming world Champ there's a lot of weaknesses and they acting like his some sort of all time great where his opponents get a lot less than him. Let's see Hearns response on this I bet he won't agree.

Comment

Bum squad quacks again

Lost all respect for the bronze bomber, he wants 50/50 based on what exactly? He fought bums all his life and now wants to cash out, not gonna happen!

Comment

BumSquad.. Wilder pricing himself out of the fight despite saying he wants to fight for legacy and not money.. AJ will have beaten Parker and will have 4 belts, he’s a PPV star, he’s the biggest star in boxing and regularly sells out stadiums like Wembley 90,000k but Wilder hasn’t even had half of 90’000 fans attend all his fights combined wants 50-50???!!!

He also said he will fight Whyte if AJ is on the contract so Hearn called his bluff and put AJ on the contract and then he refused the offer to fight Breazeale!!

You can’t spin this one, he is officially pricing himself out. On 78sports video today he said AJ is going for Parkers belt for leverage but as he still has the WBC belt so his leverage is that without him, AJ cant unify.. So either he pays up or we don’t get unification!!!

Disgusting behavior!! He’s basically selling his belt. what a shame, You Deontay fans need to call your boy out on this BS we all want to see the fight.. Even Wilder fan boys know he is pricing himself out! So sad, I though Wilder might just man up this time and make this fight based on all the trash he’s been talking. He’s a joke!! He’s being doing it all his career.
                    Last edited by NahMean; 12-04-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                      Where was this boy in 2010? 2011? 2012? Now he up in here acting like he own the place. You green! I been had twice as many wins, more title defense, and I gots Haymon on my team. Who the fuck is you. Talking bout we gonna niggotiate. Don't be playing these games Eddie. Just split it down the middle and let's get it on. Bitch!
                      What a schmuk

Comment

Working...
                      X