Holidays and you're diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays and you're diet

edit : Sorry for the mistake in the title of the thread

I'm interested on what other boxers do with they're diet during holidays.

Do you completly forget it?
    Do you select a few days when you can forget it?
    Do you add little cheats to you're everyday meals?
    ETC

How do you feel about it?

Personally, I started at 168lbs and I'm now at 146 trying to go down to 140. I have a few selected cheat days but man I feel guilty after those. Otherwise I try to stay around 2000 calories but im more around 2700 for the past week, I still go to the gym at least 3 times a week and try to have at least a little workout everyday. Man dessert and wine sure taste wonderful!
    Last edited by Madan; 12-25-2013, 11:50 PM. Reason: ooPS

These last three days were pretty bad for me, ate like a pig. But fuck it, it was only a few days and I'll be back to business shortly, I like to get back on track with a day of fasting (only water) and a long run. If you don't have any fights lined up here shortly I don't see why you shouldn't allow yourself a break and a bit of indulgence around this time.
    Last edited by _original_; 12-26-2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

not eating food is the worst thing you can do im not a boxer but I do work out 5 days a week (weight lifting) ..... All food was not created equal keep that in mind make sure you pay attention to fat content and fat content only you can eat all the pasta you want and still build lean muscle due to it being really low fat but containing mass amount of carbs which are body needs to create energy and also make sure to eat/drink 1 gram of protein per bodyweight so 140 grams of protein for your small female 140 pound frame

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
        not eating food is the worst thing you can do im not a boxer but I do work out 5 days a week (weight lifting) ..... All food was not created equal keep that in mind make sure you pay attention to fat content and fat content only you can eat all the pasta you want and still build lean muscle due to it being really low fat but containing mass amount of carbs which are body needs to create energy and also make sure to eat/drink 1 gram of protein per bodyweight so 140 grams of protein for your small female 140 pound frame

And in comes the bro science. Well buddy, the thread was created for boxers who have to fight at a certain weight limit, not juiced up meatheads who's only motivation of working out is to flex at the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          And in comes the bro science. Well buddy, the thread was created for boxers who have to fight at a certain weight limit, not juiced up meatheads who's only motivation of working out is to flex at the bar.
          haha Im far from a meat head just a all natural MexicanAmerican who likes to lift weights and learn new things here and there ... Trust me man i have been thinking about this alot we can some how combine the two and make you boxers even beasty'er naturally Im not suggesting heavy weight training but more about the supplements we take

Comment

You're saying that gorging on starchy carbs won't put on weight but eating fat will? That flies in the face of modern sports nutrition and is the sort of thing coaches might have been preaching 20 years ago. Do the opposite provided most of that fat comes from quality sources.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
              You're saying that gorging on starchy carbs won't put on weight but eating fat will? That flies in the face of modern sports nutrition and is the sort of thing coaches might have been preaching 20 years ago. Do the opposite provided most of that fat comes from quality sources.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              it all really depends on how long/hard your training and yes healthy fats are needed to produce testis if men avoided fat all together it would be impossible to get a boner

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                These last three days were pretty bad for me, ate like a pig. But fuck it, it was only a few days and I'll be back to business shortly, I like to get back on track with a day of fasting (only water) and a long run. If you don't have any fights lined up here shortly I don't see why you shouldn't allow yourself a break and a bit of indulgence around this time.
                Exactly what I'm doing on Sunday when I start again. I can't believe how much and how badly I've eaten this past week

Comment

Working...
                X