No announcement yet.

Mark my Words: Pacquiao beats Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chito View Post
    the strategy against hatton, cotto. those 2 fighters have a lot like spence. and those 2 thought they would ko pac.
    exactly. I see Spence as quite Mechanical in his punching ability. Pac is still faster than Spence now and if people dont belive that their eyes are fooling them. Pac will have the speed and quickness advantage on Spence. Spence should try to impose his size behind his jab. The jab is the key. However if he just bores in he will get tagged. What happens then. ?

Comment

It wouldnt shock me, spence is pretty basic

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        When Pac attacks, he lunges.

5'5'' will need to do some lunging vs 5'9''

A younger Pac would probably expose Spence.
        no he doesnt, not when the fighters are coming to him. he lunges when he has to chase after them. this will be a lot like pac vs rios and margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          I didnt want to mention horn as that would have made the post even longer, but it's an obvious place to jump. If Spence fought bullrushing in like Horn you'd have a point, but he doesnt, he's a boxer puncher, barely can even brawl. Spence absolutely is hesistent of being hit, it hasnt really stopped him from throwing yet(except vs the southpaw that wobbled him) but the way he responds shows he doesnt like being hit, where as take a ****** like Horn and he'll just keep running into your right hooks(crawford fight), i'd wager Spence would become fairly tame early after getting hit by a guy like Pacquiao, his rally over that fear will come in the later rounds(his personality wont let him lose without giving it his all), Spence also doesnt have a chin on the level of the usual brawler, like Horn even. He was hurt by a featherfisted southpaw with a poorly connected punch if I remember correctly. Spence is no tank, he was moved around by Bundu and Brook. I've never seen Golovkin be muscled around like that, that's what i'd consider a tank, and with the durability to match.

And fighting fire with fire is Pacquiao's style, it's even more important for Spence to keep him under wraps and never confident enough to come out with his youth. If Pacquiao fights quiet, and on the backfoot, he's letting Spence build courage and he's also not breaking Spence down to keep him weak.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I think it's a more winnable fight than Thurman and Crawford but Pacquiao would be competitive with any of these guys.
          Again you’re viewing it like he’s the old Pacquiao. If Horn boxed and didn’t fight like a ******/someone using his size advantages he would have had his ears boxed off by Pacquiao. Apparently what he did, gave him some success and was enough to sway the judges.
          Spence will be the attacker in this fight and will fight like the bigger and stronger man as he is and as he should, (look what happened when canelo fought like the smaller guy against cotto) and it is best for manny to use plenty of movements to minimize spence’s offense at the same time letting him respect his power by throwing combos in spurts. Stick and move, counter and frustrate spence.
          There’s a huge reason Pac didn’t plow a relatively inactive Broner even harder like he’d likely use to.

Even Prime pac used a lot of movements against slightly past his best margarito. And you think he’d go fire with fire against a prime and huge top WW at 40?

Prime pac blitzes spence with movements and angles, all the while not carring for what his chin gets in return. Can’t do that now exactly, can he?

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
            No he doesnt He needs to sharp shoot spence down the middle then pivot out. Spence is hittable and Pac will make him pay for walk in throwing hard punches all the time.
            Exactly what he tried to do against relatively weaker Horn. 🤷🏻*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
              Again you’re viewing it like he’s the old Pacquiao. If Horn boxed and didn’t fight like a ******/someone using his size advantages he would have had his ears boxed off by Pacquiao. Apparently what he did, gave him some success and was enough to sway the judges.
              Spence will be the attacker in this fight and will fight like the bigger and stronger man as he is and as he should, (look what happened when canelo fought like the smaller guy against cotto) and it is best for manny to use plenty of movements to minimize spence’s offense at the same time letting him respect his power by throwing combos in spurts. Stick and move, counter and frustrate spence.
              There’s a huge reason Pac didn’t plow a relatively inactive Broner even harder like he’d likely use to.

Even Prime pac used a lot of movements against slightly past his best margarito. And you think he’d go fire with fire against a prime and huge top WW at 40?

Prime pac blitzes spence with movements and angles, all the while not carring for what his chin gets in return. Can’t do that now exactly, can he?
              Again, Spence isnt a similar fighter to horn, or margarito or rios. He's a boxer puncher. If bundu was pushing him back, if peterson was pushing him back, if brook was pushing him back. Who of those guys would push margarito back or rios? These are different fighters. And im not thinking of the prime pacquiao, you're looking at things too plainly, like black and white. There are styles, each fighter has their style, spence is a better boxer than those guys, more skilled and faster of foot and hand, he's good at cutting off the ring and has great combinations, and has a solid jab, pacquiao cant run from spence like he's fighting margarito or rios, spence can slide on his feet and he knows how to weave/lean/step and counter too, it is absolutely not the same fight as fighting a brawler. And pacquiao ss not floyd to be sitting on the ropes shoulder rolling tiring the opponent out, he'll be on the ropes absorbing and if he plays too much defense he'll be worn down while spence will be relatively fresh. Running around wastes more stamina too, stamina = Having your strength, so im thinking of the age, he needs to drag spence along with him.

Anyway, this is Pacquiao's style, im not trying to mold him into what I want him to do, it's how I think he'll fight too which is why I give him a shot. It doesnt have to be a pressure style or throwing 1000 punches or not taking a step back, but he needs to fight spence to gain that respect and maintain it. Box circling around center ring is the best place to be.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-25-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Again, Spence isnt a similar fighter to horn, or margarito or rios. He's a boxer puncher. If bundu was pushing him back, if peterson was pushing him back, if brook was pushing him back. Who of those guys would push margarito back or rios? These are different fighters. And im not thinking of the prime pacquiao, you're looking at things too plainly, like black and white. There are styles, each fighter has their style, spence is a better boxer than those guys, more skilled and faster of foot and hand, he's good at cutting off the ring and has great combinations, and has a solid jab, pacquiao cant run from spence like he's fighting margarito or rios, spence can slide on his feet and he knows how to weave/lean/step and counter too, it is absolutely not the same fight as fighting a brawler. And pacquiao ss not floyd to be sitting on the ropes shoulder rolling tiring the opponent out, he'll be on the ropes absorbing and if he plays too much defense he'll be worn down while spence will be relatively fresh. Running around wastes more stamina too, stamina = Having your strength, so im thinking of the age, he needs to drag spence along with him.

Anyway, this is Pacquiao's style, im not trying to mold him into what I want him to do, it's how I think he'll fight too which is why I give him a shot. It doesnt have to be a pressure style or throwing 1000 punches, but he needs to fight spence to gain that respect and maintain it.
                Crawford KOed Horn. And Spence will probably do it even earlier. Manny couldn’t all the while throwing the kitchen sink at 39. That is not just because of the styles alone, it also tells the story of the physical advantages of the current beasts at WW.
                What you’re hanging to is straight nostalgia. Hoping a 40 yr old pac outguns and outright hurts Spence off his mistakes in the initial exchanges — while the opposite is also likely or even much more.

If Spence boxes off, won’t pressure Manny, won’t fight like the bigger guy, gives Manny room to breath then he gives Pac all the advantages. As pac is still the faster guy, and would still get off with his combos.. throw the lead left occasionally.

Don’t just look at it on manny’s side. Now why would Spence fight that way against a smaller 40 yr old?? Why would he just fight like he normally does? Don’t you think he’d come up with a better game plan? As it will all depend there. Spence will outhorn horn if he chooses to..

Comment

I wish this fight will happen. People will shock again on how easy this fight again for pac.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                    Spence via Career Ending KO. He ain't no Broner/Mattthyse. Those guys sucks, and not even top 147 boxers.
                    Matthysse was actually ranked as a top 10 welter by several credible publications before his loss and retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      Crawford KOed Horn. And Spence will probably do it even earlier. Manny couldn’t all the while throwing the kitchen sink at 39. That is not just because of the styles alone, it also tells the story of the physical advantages of the current beasts at WW.
                      What you’re hanging to is straight nostalgia. Hoping a 40 yr old pac outguns and outright hurts Spence off his mistakes in the initial exchanges — while the opposite is also likely or even much more.

If Spence boxes off, won’t pressure Manny, won’t fight like the bigger guy, gives Manny room to breath then he gives Pac all the advantages. As pac is still the faster guy, and would still get off with his combos.. throw the lead left occasionally.

Don’t just look at it on manny’s side. Now why would Spence fight that way against a smaller 40 yr old?? Why would he just fight like he normally does? Don’t you think he’d come up with a better game plan? As it will all depend there. Spence will outhorn horn if he chooses to..
                      Fighters have their strength and weaknesses. From comparing Spence to margarito now triangle theories, really? Pacquiao schools bradley, bradley beats marquez, marquez ko's pacquiao. Crawford or spence stopping horn means exactly zilch, pacquiao stopped cotto and floyd went 12, mosley beat mayorga, mayorga beat vernon, vernon beat mosley. Pacquiao beat bradley, bradley beat marquez, marquez beat pacquiao. Zilch.

Spence would fight pacquiao like he usually does because that's how he fights, he's not a reckless fighter, his plan will be the usual, apply intelligent pressure, he'll try to stary faster than usual because Pacquiao is small and old, but he wont ever be coming in like horn, atleast not until the later rounds when he's more comfortable and warmed up, but he's likely to only do this if he has the momentum and is trying to push a stoppage or it's tight on the cards.

Likely though is that Spence doesn't have the chin to do what horn does, but im just repeating myself, lets say he does, now the problem is he has never shown to fight like Horn with elbows, headbutting, tripping, aiming for the back of the head, falling in with the head and "walking"(something a guy with findamentals like spence would never do), I dont think i've even seen Spence fight on the inside for a prolonged period if at all. You've really brewed up quite the imaginary scenerio, from a spence as big as margarito, as relentless as a ******ed horn with probably the chin and power of ggg.

Anyway, good talk. I'm bowing out and just hoping the fight happens.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-25-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X