No announcement yet.

Usyk vs Bellew done 603,000 buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Dillian Whyte did over 800k against Parker.

600k is a good number, but I was expecting around the same as the second Bellew/Haye fight.

Add that UK money to the licence fees from Europe and Russia and both sides will have done very well indeed from this fight. I read that 15million people watched it live in the Ukraine alone!
    Whyte did NOT do 800k vs Parker. Where are you getting that number from? Whyte/Parker did 474k, unless you have a better source than this one?

https://www.***************.net/2018...nthony-joshua/

Edit: Put in world boxing news (no spaces) over the *** part.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Whyte did NOT do 800k vs Parker. Where are you getting that number from? Whyte/Parker did 474k, unless you have a better source than this one?

https://www.***************.net/2018...nthony-joshua/

Edit: Put in world boxing news (no spaces) over the *** part.
      No need, I just checked with BARB and you correct, 474k.

I would have sworn it said 800k+ last time I looked!

Must have got it mixed up with some other fight I checked at the same time.

Comment

No need, I just checked with BARB and you correct, 474k.

I would have sworn it said 800k+ last time I looked!

Must have got it mixed up with some other fight I checked at the same time.
        800k+ is only for mega Floyd/Hatton/AJ/Haye fights. Those guys are the only ones that have touched that number. 600k for this fight was DAMN good, no other way around it. Definitely a successful PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
          Fury vs Wilder will do great #s in the UK
          This will do more buys in UK lets next week

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            800k+ is only for mega Floyd/Hatton/AJ/Haye fights. Those guys are the only ones that have touched that number. 600k for this fight was DAMN good, no other way around it. Definitely a successful PPV.
            The only reason I expected it to do even more was because there seemed to be a lot of guys talking about it in my social circle and where I work, guys who are not hard core boxing fans.

But point taken .. selling 130k more PPVs than Whyte/Parker is remarkable, really.

Comment

The only reason I expected it to do even more was because there seemed to be a lot of guys talking about it in my social circle and where I work, guys who are not hard core boxing fans.

But point taken .. selling 130k more PPVs than Whyte/Parker is remarkable, really.
              I'm actually surprised Whyte/Parker did that much to be honest. But fair play to them as it seems like fighting Joshua led to that big number.

Comment

Its good as there is no reason to delay the Joshua fight from when Usyk is ready. Joshua/Usyk will already do big numbers after this, if they done it next. Though saying that beating one of the other Matchroom heavys will turn it into a massive PPV

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                  Fury vs Wilder will do great #s in the UK
                  Not on LA time in won't. Means getting up early rather than drinking through. Hard core only.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Its good as there is no reason to delay the Joshua fight from when Usyk is ready. Joshua/Usyk will already do big numbers after this, if they done it next. Though saying that beating one of the other Matchroom heavys will turn it into a massive PPV
                    Bellew did big numbers, not Usyk. But now Usyk is known to the casual UK fans.

Comment

Not bad considering Usyk can't speak English.

Comment

Working...
                      X