Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxrec's Top 20 Heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People will complain about the odd person in here but top ten is about right most will agree on that.

It kind of shows you the level of opponent gap that Joshua and wilder have faced given the points difference despite having half the fights. Likewise it rings true that Joshua has fought more of he top20 to date.

The biggest shock to me in this is 1) Martin being so high 2) Parker being as low as sixth

Comment

I would rank both Parker and Miller higher. It's a fairly decent list overall in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
        Boxrec's Top 20 Heavyweights

All you need to see is hammer at 11 to know computer ratings are sh ite.Also having Horn over Spence at 47 and Canelo PFP #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          People will complain about the odd person in here but top ten is about right most will agree on that.

It kind of shows you the level of opponent gap that Joshua and wilder have faced given the points difference despite having half the fights. Likewise it rings true that Joshua has fought more of he top20 to date.

The biggest shock to me in this is 1) Martin being so high 2) Parker being as low as sixth
          And Hammer.

Comment

Pedvetkin #3 even though he hasn't beaten a single top 10 HW since like 2011 lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
              No they shouldn't, this is the only unbiased ranking on the Web. I understand you like some fighters more than Pulev, I don't rate him very high personality but try to maintain neutrality.
              If this was unbiased and had to use critical thinking to actually merit this list all together, i can assure you that Hammer wouldn't be near top 10 while Takam is not even in the top 15 .

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Pedvetkin #3 even though he hasn't beaten a single top 10 HW since like 2011 lmao.
                Yet, he beat the same guys that Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua beat more convincingly and brutally by being able to KO them cleanly and unconsciously. Something that Wilder failed to do to Duhapas, who he couldn't even drop and Joshua couldn't cleanly KO Takam.

That's the 'strength' of the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  Yet, he beat the same guys that Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua beat more convincingly and brutally by being able to KO them cleanly and unconsciously. Something that Wilder failed to do to Duhapas, who he couldn't even drop and Joshua couldn't cleanly KO Takam.

That's the 'strength' of the heavyweight division.
                  -Pedvetkin got blown out by Wlad, AJ KO'd Wlad. Even Jennings was better vs Wlad.

-Pedvetkin's last win over a top 10 HW was a close fight with Chagaev back in 2011. Wilder has top 5 wins over Ortiz/Stiverne.

-Pedvetkin-Takam was a highly competitive fight, AJ-Takam was a blow out, Takam admitting his plan was to survive.

-Duahpas took the fight on 48 hours notice, Pedvetkin tested positive for Ostarine and a had a full training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    -Pedvetkin got blown out by Wlad, AJ KO'd Wlad. Even Jennings was better vs Wlad.

-Pedvetkin's last win over a top 10 HW was a close fight with Chagaev back in 2011. Wilder has top 5 wins over Ortiz/Stiverne.

-Pedvetkin-Takam was a highly competitive fight, AJ-Takam was a blow out, Takam admitting his plan was to survive.

-Duahpas took the fight on 48 hours notice, Pedvetkin tested positive for Ostarine and a had a full training camp.
                    Excuses and context don't matter when ranking fighters. Only results and outcomes matter. I could ask you to provide proof for those claims but they are all irrelevant.

Fact is, Povetkin knocked out a PRIME, previously UN-KO'ed and a younger Carlos Takam unconscious who happened to be the same size relatively speaking.

Meanwhile, Anthony Joshua faced an older, a more faded Carlos Takam who was previously brutally KO'ed but Joshua still couldn't cleanly KO Takam. Anthony Joshua also massively out-sized Carlos Takam which Povetkin didn't.

Fact is, Alexander Povetkin sent Johan Duhapas into a state of unconsciousness in only 6 rounds.

Meanwhile, Deontay Wilder couldn't even drop Duhapas in 11 rounds and needed a standing stoppage.

Fact is, Bryant Jennings got a split decision win against Mike Perez and arguably lost.

Meanwhile, Povetkin knocked that same Mike Perez out in just 1 round.

I never claimed Wilder or Joshua don't deserve to be ranked higher. They are much younger. Thus, it stands to reason that they should and would be ranked higher.

However, my point was that Povetkin deserves to be ranked in the top 5 at the very least, if not in the top 3. If not, please provide the names of some boxers who deserve a higher ranking barring Anthony Joshua or Deontay Wilder.
                    Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 03-12-2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amuroray View Post
                      boxrec rankings are purely fictional.
                      All boxing rankings are purely fictional.

Comment

Working...
                      X