Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuev vs Holyfield / Haye, but "Rigo Too Small For Loma" smh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also helped that Holyfield was 'allegedly' a PED cheat -- not that I blame him as I suspect most HW at that time where juicing including Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Rigo has said 126-130. Yormark from Roc Nation needs to back this up. If nobody in industry cares for Rigo, and Roc knows this, they should just risk it and front the money. If it's all non-disclosure talks, then we really don't know how Roc and Top Rank mgmt have been saying.

What sucks is that DiBella is ring blocking anything Rigo related at 126.

Another theory could be is that PBC is reserving one of their fighters with Lomachenko instead of the risk that a measly Roc Nation dude could reign a spot. I mean ffs Adonis Stevenson is how old and with the green strap under PBC? Rigo is like 3 years younger than Adonis innit?
      Yeah, its up to him to move up hes acting like he maxed out in his only weight of 122. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        It also helped that Holyfield was 'allegedly' a PED cheat -- not that I blame him as I suspect most HW at that time where juicing including Roy Jones.
        my point is wasn't Germany raving for Valuev hype? I mean here in the states I feel the integrity of Rigo vs Loma is nothing compared to some former Heavyweight Neanderthal champ towering opponents with the crowd cheering and not having a clue how funny that looked.

Didn't the USA make a thing with Andre The Giant? to sell that image, even though it was all fake?

People need to watch the size comparison between Lara vs Williams and stfu...

Comment

Yeah, its up to him to move up hes acting like he maxed out in his only weight of 122. lol.
          Rigo needs to exercise the most valuable thing he has, the WBA strap and see what the council offers him when moving to 126. Ideally Rigo would be ranked at #1 correct? Roc Nation needs better relations with the WBA.

Comment

Rigo needs to exercise the most valuable thing he has, the WBA strap and see what the council offers him when moving to 126. Ideally Rigo would be ranked at #1 correct? Roc Nation needs better relations with the WBA.
            Leo Santa Cruz is the WBA 'Super' Champion and already ducked Rigo at jr. featherweight, but Guillermo can maybe press a mandatory in a eliminator with another duck midget Carl Frampton or I like to see Guillermo with Mares.

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz is the WBA 'Super' Champion and already ducked Rigo at jr. featherweight, but Guillermo can maybe press a mandatory in a eliminator with another duck midget Carl Frampton or I like to see Guillermo with Mares.
              That's why I'm saying DiBella is protecting Santa Cruz in this scenario. Besides #1 should be received for Rigo if moving up, or as you say, the opportunity for the Regular. I'll settle for a #1 Interim, or they might force Rigo vs Marrero

Comment

If the "little" guy wants to fight the lion why are you guys stopping it?
                I agree that Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko is a great fight, but using Valuev as an indicator is a poor model. Valuev sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  I agree that Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko is a great fight, but using Valuev as an indicator is a poor model. Valuev sucked.
                  that's not the point. Valuev was star, believe it or not, in Germany... how does a guy like that have seating seller power but industry wouldn't be able to promote Rigo vs Loma, 2 Goldies, with proper promotional videos?

How can casuals see a difference in size from differing training clips? Rigo trains hard and his skills on camera would sell itself. This the fight Rigo needs.

The irony that Rigo would be a sleeper against Lomachenko, this narrative can't be played because it's not realistic, so the size ''disparity'' is the current narrative.

Like I said, Rigo is p4p, he wants teh fight at 126-130. How much bigger was Johnson vs Burns in Australia?

Why even match Pacquiao to Margarito and make that a catch?

Again the size disparity is the current flavor to trick fans that it's not a justified bout. fail. lol

Comment

that's not the point. Valuev was star, believe it or not, in Germany... how does a guy like that have seating seller power but industry wouldn't be able to promote Rigo vs Loma, 2 Goldies, with proper promotional videos?
                    1. Because Valuev had a freak factor due to his size.
                    2. Boxing is very big in Europe.
                    3. Germany has jack **** for stars and desperate.
                    4. Shall I keep going or...?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      1. Because Valuev had a freak factor due to his size.
                      2. Boxing is very big in Europe.
                      3. Germany has jack **** for stars and desperate.
                      4. Shall I keep going or...?
                      Doesn't matter if there was a freak factor he was a Champion, and fought Haye and Holyfield, formerly Cruisers.

Notice no one is talking about skill comparison, we're talking about size. Casuals may not know that PAC started at Flyweight to then fight a Margarito, yet Rigo too small for Loma ffs...

Why aren't fans being honest? Wait for the next excuse

Comment

Working...
                      X