Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it that Crawford is always asked to leave Top Rank...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    Bull****, show me where Spence was paid 4 million to fight Peterson.
    I’m just going off of articles from boxingscene and other websites. Of course I don’t have financial records

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      They are an accomplishment to the fighters, you know the ones who actually step in the ring and risk there health for a living. Of course they won’t mean a thing to troll bloggers who never won a fight a day in there life
      like i said its for marketing purposes and to fool ignorant fans. "I'm a world champ!" by beating some asian journeyman? come on. maybe fighters lie to themselves and think they are great for beating the number 84th ranked guy for a belt but its nothing special

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Errol Spence also made 4mil just to fight Lamont Peterson. What’s your point. All the big fighters are fighting twice a year.
        You made a great point with Mikey lol he spent all those years with Top Rank and never earned 1million dollars. It only took him 1 fight under PBC to make 1million. Crawford is leaving Arum it’s just a matter of when. Only idiot to stay with Arum forever was Pacquio
        I see websites with rumors about him getting paid 3.5 million, but ESPN says his purse was 1.2 million.

I can't see him getting paid 3.5 million.

I believe 1.2 is how much he made.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...arclays-center

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
          I see websites with rumors about him getting paid 3.5 million, but ESPN says his purse was 1.2 million.

I can't see him getting paid 3.5 million.

I believe 1.2 is how much he made.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...arclays-center
          Good find. I stand corrected. Still a good purse.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            like i said its for marketing purposes and to fool ignorant fans. "I'm a world champ!" by beating some asian journeyman? come on. maybe fighters lie to themselves and think they are great for beating the number 84th ranked guy for a belt but its nothing special
            He’s was actually ranked 13 on boxrec

Comment

Because for years now boxing has been divided I to two groups. Top Rank vs Haymon. This cold war between promoters unfortunately keeps us fans from getting the fights we want.

Instead of asking them to switch promoters we should be asking them work together. Boxing would be better for everyone if Arum, Haymon, GB and a few others would work together and share the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                All started when Floyd insisted Manny leave Arum to make the fight. Since then, all the cheerleaders showed their undying loyalty to Haymon while hating on Arum. Not realizing that Haymon and Arum probably have more in common than they do differences. At least in the manner of doing business.
                give me a list of 3-5 boxers that tried to escape Haymon and took him to court for their freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  ...yet PBC fighters are not asked the same thing?
                  Crawford has been getting more than $1.2 mil fighting the likes of Lundy, Molina, etc.
                  Almost the same amount given to Garcia, Thurman, Porter when they fought each other.
                  Mikey Garcia had to fight Broner to get his first $1 mil.
                  Do you really want Crawford to fight once a year just like Part-time Boxing Champions (PBC)?
                  Because the best and most lucrative fit at 147 & 154 are with Haymon guys. No more no less. No one asks Loma to leave because the beat fights are non Haymon guys other than Mikey.

Same thing was said in reverse about Danny Jacobs since the best mw were not with Haymon, other than charlo, which is far less lucrative than canelo or ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    Mikey was already making $700K - $800K when he left Bobfather fighting fighters someone already beat.
                    His first 2 non TR fights made him a total of $700K. Yuk! 2 fights for $700K!
                    Like mentioned, Crawford only had to fight Lundy, Jean, Molina, Postol and make more than $1 mil/fight.
                    Spence was bribed by Haymon for $3.5 mil because Hoya was trying to sign him up. Had nothing to do with Peterson. LOL.

Unlike you fanboys who crazily suggest they leave TR for PBC, which is plague with inactivity,
                    I'd suggest PBC boys should sign up with Hearn or UK promoters.

Lmaooo at an Arum fanboy lying just like his idol Arum. When did Mikey Garcia earn 800k per fight with Bob? Here’s an clip of an article from Dan Rafael after the Salido fight.

Garcia is a stoic sort and didn't even seem all that excited to have won the title (and earn a career-high $220,000 purse).

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...lido-win-title

Lmaooo he had been with TR since 09 and 220k was his first big purse smh. So when did he make 800k because he only fought twice for TR after the Salido fight?

He made more in his first 3 fights with Haymon then his entire 5yrs with TR. I guess it’s a reason why Floyd, Mikey, Jessie Vargas, JccJr all left Arum for Haymon

Of course it had nothing to do with Peterson. If that’s the case then Crawford is being bribed by Arum so he won’t sign with PBC. Spence purse had nothing to do with Oscar. You think Spence would sign with racist Oscar? Who the last big fighter Oscar signed?
                    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 03-16-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Because for years now boxing has been divided I to two groups. Top Rank vs Haymon. This cold war between promoters unfortunately keeps us fans from getting the fights we want.

Instead of asking them to switch promoters we should be asking them work together. Boxing would be better for everyone if Arum, Haymon, GB and a few others would work together and share the pie.
                      Haymon is not a promoter and quite a few of his fighters have crossed over.

I do wonder how Crawford will get a Spence or Thurman in the ring, but I think it’s up to him. If he wants to, he needs to make it happen and force the sides to meet mid-aisle and make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X