Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Davis vs Ryan Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank has been calling him out? What a pu$$y. He's too young at 23 to fight the big boys but he's wanting to fight a teenager? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Tank has been calling him out? What a pu$$y. He's too young at 23 to fight the big boys but he's wanting to fight a teenager? WTF?
      no ryan called him out, tank said garcia is just a kid

Comment

Garcia has the higher ceiling could end up being the face of boxing at some point. He's not ready now only 19 but give him 1-2 years to get experience and he will mop the floor with Tank he's just too damn big, fast and powerful. Tank is legit like 5'3, Garcia is 5'10 and will fill out to a minimum a welterweight if not Jr Middleweight winning titles in numerous weight classes along the way. Tank is a midget butterball he ain't moving up more then 135lb. Hell he's already short for most of the guys at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          no ryan called him out, tank said garcia is just a kid
          Yea I've never heard Tank mention fighting this kid at all so I was wondering what people were talking about.

And everything Tank says gets made into a thing so if he was calling out Garcia while Floyd is keeping him away from Loma I'd have assumed I'd have seen a meme or two with that story out there by now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Garcia has the higher ceiling could end up being the face of boxing at some point. He's not ready now only 19 but give him 1-2 years to get experience and he will mop the floor with Tank he's just too damn big, fast and powerful. Tank is legit like 5'3, Garcia is 5'10 and will fill out to a minimum a welterweight if not Jr Middleweight winning titles in numerous weight classes along the way. Tank is a midget butterball he ain't moving up more then 135lb. Hell he's already short for most of the guys at 130.
            Can he take a punch though?

I like Ryan as a prospect & if this dude can legit move up & win some belts in multiple divisions there is no way he doesn't become one of the faces of boxing & potentially takes Canelo's spot one day if things go right for him for long enough.

But can he take a shot? To me thats one of the big tests of a guy who's doing what KingRy is doing right now. What happens when someone fights back? What happens when someone doesn't just fall down? And personally I think training in a f#cking garage isn't the ideal setup for a guy with the potential he's got. And I've seen lil defensive IQ with this kid so unless he gots a good chin I think he's gonna have a surprise knockdown or two on his way up best case. I'll be curious what he does after those KD's, in the fight, but also in future training.

Comment

Way to soon for garcia. Tank probably beats him up good at this point, couple years from now might be different tho

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                That said I do think Garcia's defense is pretty garbage & I'm sorta thinking he's more of a guy who just got garbage defense cuz he's training in a mfing garage over a gym than a guy who's defense just isn't being used cuz he's fighting lesser guys.

I remember not long ago Spence was being accused of having garbage defense & plenty of others before him get that label cuz they don't use defense so much earlier in their careers in badly matched fights.
                Yeah like every elite prospect it's hard to tell where their defense and chin is at especially the special ones because in the case of Garcia he is wiping out fighters so quickly and dominating them so badly that he's not getting hit or really tested. He probably hasn't lost a single round as pro and of his 14 fights he's KO'd everyone but 1 and that was a 4 round fight. So nobody knows how he will react when he's hit or has to rely on defense. But he was a elite amateur, extremely skilled, long, fast, powerful and as draw he's already got more instagram followers then fighters who are world champs. And he speaks english and has women showing up to his fights. He's going to be a star. As for his defense he doesn't get hit enough for anyone to know if it's a problem or not just like most top prospects.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-15-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Garcias defence is poor and when he gets hit hard hes all over the place, his stance is stiff and has no headmovement (not to mention hes so straight up). Saw that TMT sparring session and he would have been TKO'd without the headguards.

Still very amateurish, not sure who his coaches are but his training clips remind me of Eubanks where he does nice flashy arm punches but not much else.
                  Should keep his head down and learn his craft, calling himself the flash and saying hes faster than Amir Khan is ludicrous. The guy has absolutely nothing on Amir Khan, even as a prospect.

Has the physical potential to be a good fighter but he must improve dramatically in order to do so
                  Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 03-15-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                    Garcias defence is poor and when he gets hit hard hes all over the place, his stance is stiff and has no headmovement (not to mention hes so straight up). Saw that TMT sparring session and he would have been TKO'd without the headguards.

Still very amateurish, not sure who his coaches are but his training clips remind me of Eubanks where he does nice flashy arm punches but not much else.
                    Should keep his head down and learn his craft, calling himself the flash and saying hes faster than Amir Khan is ludicrous. The guy has absolutely nothing on Amir Khan, even as a prospect.

Has the physical potential to be a good fighter but he must improve dramatically in order to do so
                    The first bolded remark is exactly what I see. When I was hearing cats saying Spence had garbage defense I wasn't seeing these types of basic things so much.

And the 2nd bolded isn't any damn good although I've not watched enough training clips of his to say the same. I definitely do feel like this mfer needs to get out of his parents f#cking garage doe if he wants to reach his maximum potential.

Comment

So Tank is "too young" for Loma, but Garcia isn't too young for Tank? Man, the excuses people are willing to make for Tank. He's 23 with over 200 amateur fights and a former world champion. Time to step up, no more excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X