No announcement yet.

"Gonzalez and Rungvisai are the same size...."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gonzalez and Rungvisai are the same size...."

I think you should all know by now how deluded this statement is. Not only did Rungvisai sport a size advantage over Estrada, Estrada himself is significantly bigger than Gonzalez by quite a margin and Rungvisai was visibly the bigger man than Roman.

I think we should put this statement to the grave on how this narrative ran circles around NSB and kept uttering "Oh Roman picked on little guys until he fought someone his own size in Rungvisai!"

Yeah that was probably a division too far for Roman, and Rungvisai is a big guy at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      I think you should all know by now how deluded this statement is. Not only did Rungvisai sport a size advantage over Estrada, Estrada himself is significantly bigger than Gonzalez by quite a margin and Rungvisai was visibly the bigger man than Roman.

I think we should put this statement to the grave on how this narrative ran circles around NSB and kept uttering "Oh Roman picked on little guys until he fought someone his own size in Rungvisai!"
      Estrada weighed around 2 pounds less...2..getting tired of all of this whining over size. You got dudes in other divisions outweighing their opponents significantly and suddenly because Estrada fought a stupid fight early on Rungvisai is this giant that dwarf and is a weight bully. FOH.

Comment

Fighters that fans don't like are always weight bullies until they move up too far then they got "exposed" by someone "their own size".

Watching Saturday's card had me thinking just how badass Chocolatito is. He fought them all. Viloria, Cuadras, Arroyo, Estrada, Rungvisai twice and other badass fighters too like Niida and Yaegashi. He did all that while performing at a high level and just as importantly delivering extremely exciting fights. I am glad that I got to enjoy his prime and gave credit because I watched these weight classes instead of a bunch of the casuals who just assume because they are smaller they can't fight. I also realize he was hated by a certain somebodies fan base because he was riding a win streak in the 40's and was on a few GGG cards. Pathetic.
        Last edited by chrisJS; 02-28-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I thought he beat Rungvisai in their first fight. That would of be a impressive win on his CV for sure. As ChrisJS said, he's a badass.

Comment

False......

Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 02-28-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

The size argument in boxing just needs to go away. If a fighter can make the weight, that's his weight class. The whole "he outweighed him by x amount of pounds" is silly. For example, we know Jarrett Hurd is going to rehydrate a lot. He's a huge 154 pounder. The guy he's fighting knows this too. If he can't handle that, then don't sign for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Fighters that fans don't like are always weight bullies until they move up too far then they got "exposed" by someone "their own size".

Watching Saturday's card had me thinking just how badass Chocolatito is. He fought them all. Viloria, Cuadras, Arroyo, Estrada, Rungvisai twice and other badass fighters too like Niida and Yaegashi. He did all that while performing at a high level and just as importantly delivering extremely exciting fights. I am glad that I got to enjoy his prime and gave credit because I watched these weight classes instead of a bunch of the casuals who just assume because they are smaller they can't fight. I also realize he was hated by a certain somebodies fan base because he was riding a win streak in the 40's and was on a few GGG cards. Pathetic.
                False.

He fought with Estrada in 108 pounds, 108.

Estrada was drained 4 pounds.

Then, when both were champs, González refused the rematch saying that he wanted 2 millions.

But after that, he fought with old men like Sosa or Viloria for less money.

Viloria?

Really?

He fought with him 3 years after Juan schooled Viloria in China.

That was a Viloria out of his prime.

Vs Cuadras he lost and was smashed.

Fight was super competitive and HBO offered him 2 times the rematch and he refused both times with different excuses.

In a spanish interview, he said before the first fight vs Rungvisai that the fight will be easier than the fight vs Cuadras.

Because Rungvisai is not a mover .

And he was destroyed.

Sor floored González, is impossible that Rungvisai did not win 4 rounds in all the 11 rounds.

That fight was not a robbery and González was taking shots all the night because his lack of defense.

And stop saying that he was small to the weight.

Dude was 29 years old and weighted 127 pounds in his last fight vs Arroyo...

Vs Cuadras he weighted 128, Cuadras 129.

What ****ing difference?

Román started un 105 and 108 where he bullied midgets.

Why you don't say anything about this?

Niida and Yaegashi were bums.

Yaegashi best win is a old and shot Edgar Sosa.

Pedro Guevara k.o ed Yaegashi in Japan.

And Niida had draws vs mediocre fighters in title fights.

All this are puré facts, man.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                  The size argument in boxing just needs to go away. If a fighter can make the weight, that's his weight class. The whole "he outweighed him by x amount of pounds" is silly. For example, we know Jarrett Hurd is going to rehydrate a lot. He's a huge 154 pounder. The guy he's fighting knows this too. If he can't handle that, then don't sign for the fight.
                  Floyd was in 152 pounds vs Maidana.

****ing Maidana was in 164 pounds.

And Floyd schooled him...

Plus the difference of Sor and Román was only like 4 pounds.

Both have the same height and reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    False.

He fought with Estrada in 108 pounds, 108.

Estrada was drained 4 pounds.

Then, when both were champs, González refused the rematch saying that he wanted 2 millions.

But after that, he fought with old men like Sosa or Viloria for less money.

Viloria?

Really?

He fought with him 3 years after Juan schooled Viloria in China.

That was a Viloria out of his prime.

Vs Cuadras he lost and was smashed.

Fight was super competitive and HBO offered him 2 times the rematch and he refused both times with different excuses.

In a spanish interview, he said before the first fight vs Rungvisai that the fight will be easier than the fight vs Cuadras.

Because Rungvisai is not a mover .

And he was destroyed.

Sor floored González, is impossible that Rungvisai did not win 4 rounds in all the 11 rounds.

That fight was not a robbery and González was taking shots all the night because his lack of defense.

And stop saying that he was small to the weight.

Dude was 29 years old and weighted 127 pounds in his last fight vs Arroyo...

Vs Cuadras he weighted 128, Cuadras 129.

What ****ing difference?

Román started un 105 and 108 where he bullied midgets.

Why you don't say anything about this?

Niida and Yaegashi were bums.

Yaegashi best win is a old and shot Edgar Sosa.

Pedro Guevara k.o ed Yaegashi in Japan.

And Niida had draws vs mediocre fighters in title fights.

All this are puré facts, man.
                    You aren't known for objectivity. You can nitpick any resume and you do when you don't like a fighter or his nationality but you don't when you do like his nationality facts.

Cuadras beating Chocolatito is actually not a fact. Maybe your lack of command of the English language is affecting that. It was a close fight that according to the majority was scored correctly. You are in the minority and it's based on their countries.

Another "fact" that's also a lie is the $2m demand. He asked for $1m.

Comment

Working...
                    X