Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man....... I'm still extremely disappointed in Ruiz' effort.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ruiz didn't care he would have gone down early and not taken a 12 round popping like he did. Yes he should have prepared better and who knows, but can't fault his effort on the night he was just outclassed and AJ actually took him serious and fought the fight he should have fought in June.

Let it go.

Comment

People who think it came down to Ruiz just not trying don't understand how boxing works. AJ had every physical advantage and, despite being treated like he was less experienced, had been in the ring with much better competition than Ruiz ever had. All AJ had to do was stick and move. And, that's just what he did.

Comment

Back to the buffet for Ruiz. (Your character don’t change under the lights, it only intensifies).

Comment

He was in camp all year pretty much all year, went from being the laugh of boxing to proving the world wrong n being a world champ,

But it came with money n fame, he took advantage of that fame n money lol, he had 3 fights, full spring camp vs Dimi, then right back to the gym vs AJ, then the fame n money, then now I gotta fight AJ in Saudi lol he arrived like a week or 2 before the fight that was the first major signal , he proved what i wasnt hoping, I thought all that partying was for show and was gona place a bet but i always wait till the weigh ins, and I knew he was badly out of shape and I couldn't bet on AJ thinking he hasnt been right mentally which he wasnt all that great really but did what he had to

Now Ruiz has to start over for a title challenge as far as his boxing in the ring, I'd had him take 2 fights, a comeback then a decent challenge title eliminator hopefully he puts it all together

They said it themselves in the first fight that he doesn't train much, that he was lucky he got the fight right after the Dimi win, now you add the fame n money and the stretch of the rematch, hes a Mexican from the hood, world champion was already something out of the ordinary but a heavyweight

I think he can comeback and can defeat AJ again, but will see

Comment

He had no chance whatever shape he was in. If u follow their two careers its clear one fighter is levels above the other, joshua got ****y in first fight and got clipped which happens at heavyweiggt. He was focused in rematch and ruiz didnt have any answer for it.i said all along rematch would be very easy for joshua.

Comment

With the way AJ fought I honestly dont think it would have made a difference if Duiz came in the best shape of his life. The physical size disparity and the fact that Ruiz is so flat-footed means he will lose to most of the top heavyweights.

I understand your sentiment though, for a person so proud of his heritage and supposedly representing his people he sure has a funny way of doing it

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                With the way AJ fought I honestly dont think it would have made a difference if Duiz came in the best shape of his life. The physical size disparity and the fact that Ruiz is so flat-footed means he will lose to most of the top heavyweights.

I understand your sentiment though, for a person so proud of his heritage and supposedly representing his people he sure has a funny way of doing it
                Ruiz might have lost anyway, however I think he would be receiving a lot less criticism if he had given himself the best chance to win. Slimming down a bit might have given him a 25% chance to win instead of 0%, but he owed it to himself to prepare better than he did. Hopefully he will learn from the experience and come back better.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post

I see Andy Ruiz Junior beating 97% of the heavyweights in the game 'Only if he brings the same intensity in his training camps that he did for the first Joshua fight'.

But that is just it? Ruiz Junior may not acquire a Olympic styled work ethic or approach to the sport over night 'Those sort of behavioral traits are formed during your childhood and early career'.

I want to see Andy Ruiz Junior in another big fight this year.

Comment

imagine how ur dad feels

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
                      Ruiz might have lost anyway, however I think he would be receiving a lot less criticism if he had given himself the best chance to win. Slimming down a bit might have given him a 25% chance to win instead of 0%, but he owed it to himself to prepare better than he did. Hopefully he will learn from the experience and come back better.
                      Of course I, I'm not disputing this, the lack of effort was disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X