Interesting video of fighters ranking thru decades

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting video of fighters ranking thru decades

https://youtu.be/Uatrju5UhZk

Interesting, it redefines Holyfield's (surprise) dominance; I would have liked to have seen the same logic applied to a fighter's career instead of by decade. In particular Patterson, Holmes, and Foreman would have considerably higher scores. - I also think they should have removed the years '43 to '45, The Ring ranking were meaningless because all the titles were on hiatus and only half the fighters were free (un-drafted) to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
      I also think they should have removed the years '43 to '45, The Ring ranking were meaningless because all the titles were on hiatus and only half the fighters were free (un-drafted) to participate.
      I can fully agree with this. The rankings were paper-weights in that period of time.

Comment

Really puts into context the level of dominance for guys like Ali and Louis (and Wlad having now finished the video).

Ali basically beat every single fighter on the 60's and 70's lists, and comfortably topped them both.

Louis also beat most of the fighters on the 30's and 40's lists, and was obviously astonishingly dominant in the 40's.

That final list of total points has some flaws as a 'greatest HW's' list, buts its excellent for looking at the most dominant or most consistent HW's of all time.

Great and interesting way to break things down. Ive watched some Rummy's corner before, enjoy his videos.
        Last edited by Tom Cruise; 03-21-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Those numbers are an decent indicator of dominance and longevity.

I also notice that the depth of the heavyweight division was poor in the 1980s, 2000's, and 2010's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Those numbers are an decent indicator of dominance and longevity.

I also notice that the depth of the heavyweight division was poor in the 1980s, 2000's, and 2010's.
            You're downplaying an era with Golota, Grant and Botha as top contenders?

Comment

Definitely interesting.

Embed'd version

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                You're downplaying an era with Golota, Grant and Botha as top contenders?
                Yes, definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Yes, definitely.
                  What about an era with Eric Molina, Szpilka and Stiverne?

Comment

Hes done more of these btw with CW, LHW and SMW.

The junior divisions were largely redundant as they are so new, but LHW was really good.

Archie Moore scored 97 points in one decade lol

Comment

Working...
                    X