No announcement yet.

Makings of a glass jaw: Anthony Joshua getting mollywhopped and dropped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    If Whyte lands a left hook to your temple any HW is getting rocked, same with Klitschko landing a pretty textbook right hand, even stepping into it.

Now I have criticised Joshua's footwork, defence and lack of head movement a few times on here, he shouldn't have even been standing square on with Klitschko while he's bouncing and trying to set punches (he even stepped into it a little, and he shouldn't have been standing in the pocket with a high guard up against Whyte, allowing him to hook round the sides.

Against Whyte he was able to get through that moment, even though I think Whyte got carried away and lost his balance, he could have really got to work on Joshua or went to the body with more composure and picked his punches, he got excited.

Against Klitschko he was able to see out the round on the back foot and defend fairly well, he just had to **** his right hand and Klitschko was too scared to extend himself due to being poleaxed himself the previous round, he showed good survival skills to get through the rounds looking to counter and not get hit cleanly again.

Both were good learning experiences for Joshua, and he showed good ring IQ against Takam (who I rate highly btw) and never made any mistakes really.

You can't be too critical of a guy getting rocked a few times while making mistakes, they all do. Tyson Fury is the best defensive boxer in the HW division and got careless against Cunningham and dropped before he was th finished article, means nothing, learning experiences and Joshua will have imroved massively from the WHyte and Klitschko fights.
    "Tyson Fury is the best defensive boxer in the HW division "

And a real mind bender i saw somewhere .........

"Parker is more skilled then Joshua "

Staying AWAY at distance is NOT advanced skill . The fact hes 6'9 helps him not take punches which stats showed that he DID take more punches than Joshua anyway PER fight .

Advanced defense is ability to stay in range and not get hit , Joshua has better defense slkills bc he IS a catch /counter puncher ,abilies to block and hit in one motion !

The second thing you stated , im not even getting into ,what a waste of time that would be !

"Both were good learning experiences for Joshua, and he showed good ring IQ against Takam (who I rate highly btw) and never made any mistakes really. "

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

At least you got this right !
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-19-2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      "Tyson Fury is the best defensive boxer in the HW division "

And a real mind bender i saw somewhere .........

"Parker is more skilled then Joshua "

Staying AWAY at distance is NOT advanced skill . The fact hes 6'9 helps him not take punches which stats showed that he DID take more punches than Joshua anyway PER fight .

Advanced defense is ability to stay in range and not get hit , Joshua has better defense slkills bc he IS a catch /counter puncher ,abilies to block and hit in one motion !

The second thing you stated , im not even getting into ,what a waste of time that would be !

"Both were good learning experiences for Joshua, and he showed good ring IQ against Takam (who I rate highly btw) and never made any mistakes really. "

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

At least you got this right !
      For someone that posts all the time on a boxing forum your level of knowledge on the sport is shocking!

Are you seriously saying that distance control, foot work, lateral movement, switching stances, feints and using your height is not a form of defence? ...... wow.... any way, due to these attributes Tyson Fury is extremely hard to land clean on, the stats don't matter as Fury used to get into wars on the inside in his learning phase, I'd only count his last 4 fights as being indicative of his style and prime Fury.... I think only 1 or 2 clean punches landed? Boxing is the art of hitting and not getting hit, and Fury is the hardest to hit by a long margin, your personal taste of what you consider to be an advanced form of defence is what you see countless times at British level - two guys standing in the pocket and trying to counter and block punches..... hardly Mayweather is it hahaha (I actually can't believe how stupid you are.

Joshua is abetter defensive boxer than Fury hahahahaha

and yes, Parker is a better all round boxer than Joshua, he beats him in many areas including speed, combinations, body punching, stamina, foot work, foot speed, lateral movement, jab, back foot game, head movement and flexibility etc etc Joshua's style of course is very effective. I don't know if Parker will be able to use these skills to get past Joshua though? Klitschko was more skilled than Joshua, and Ortiz was more skilled than Wilder.... sometimes being a big guy with a big punch can make skills count for nothing, just like being skilled like Ortiz counts for nothing if you gas and can't apply those skills, many variables..

I think Parker has more to his game than Joshua and more skills....that doesn't mean Parker will win of course.

Comprende?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Go ahead and back that^ up. Prove to me you aren't a complete moron and show me where I placed fans responsible for a failed test.

I know my standards are high because most forums I post in are of a technical and professional nature. But, good lord, it feels like the stupidest of the stupid come here. People think they can make absolutely false statements and they will somehow be believed. By sheer willpower I suppose.
        Then again, after seeing this guy's heavy bag video, I should know better than to spend more than a moment resounding to him about anything boxing related...
        your standards and bias are high, you used to be a half decent poster, wtf happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          For someone that posts all the time on a boxing forum your level of knowledge on the sport is shocking!

Are you seriously saying that distance control, foot work, lateral movement, switching stances, feints and using your height is not a form of defence? ...... wow.... any way, due to these attributes Tyson Fury is extremely hard to land clean on, the stats don't matter as Fury used to get into wars on the inside in his learning phase, I'd only count his last 4 fights as being indicative of his style and prime Fury.... I think only 1 or 2 clean punches landed? Boxing is the art of hitting and not getting hit, and Fury is the hardest to hit by a long margin, your personal taste of what you consider to be an advanced form of defence is what you see countless times at British level - two guys standing in the pocket and trying to counter and block punches..... hardly Mayweather is it hahaha (I actually can't believe how stupid you are.

Joshua is abetter defensive boxer than Fury hahahahaha

and yes, Parker is a better all round boxer than Joshua, he beats him in many areas including speed, combinations, body punching, stamina, foot work, foot speed, lateral movement, jab, back foot game, head movement and flexibility etc etc Joshua's style of course is very effective. I don't know if Parker will be able to use these skills to get past Joshua though? Klitschko was more skilled than Joshua, and Ortiz was more skilled than Wilder.... sometimes being a big guy with a big punch can make skills count for nothing, just like being skilled like Ortiz counts for nothing if you gas and can't apply those skills, many variables..

I think Parker has more to his game than Joshua and more skills....that doesn't mean Parker will win of course.

Comprende?
          All what you post is important however it is Furys 6'9 frame that lets him get away with the distance . When he meets a 6'5 plus aggressive fighter you will see how easy he is to hit , which hes been floored twice anyway with those types of fighters .

Anyone who actually boxed before would know what im talking about bc Advanced defense is ability to stay in range and not get hit ...BOXING 101 .

Klitchko has NO relevance to Parker ,their not even comparable .

Go ahead i once again DARE you to make a thread on Parker being more skilled than Joshua , you will be laughed off the forum and take another L on here .

For someone who CLAIMS i lack knowledge , why do i ALWAYS prove you wrong ...does that make you mad.....BRO ?

Comment

All what you post is important however it is Furys 6'9 frame that lets him get away with the distance . When he meets a 6'5 plus aggressive fighter you will see how easy he is to hit , which hes been floored twice anyway with those types of fighters .

Anyone who actually boxed before would know what im talking about bc Advanced defense is ability to stay in range and not get hit ...BOXING 101 .

Klitchko has NO relevance to Parker ,their not even comparable .

Go ahead i once again DARE you to make a thread on Parker being more skilled than Joshua , you will be laughed off the forum and take another L on here .

For someone who CLAIMS i lack knowledge , why do i ALWAYS prove you wrong ...does that make you mad.....BRO ?
            Fury was floored fighting carelessly, like I said before it wasn't until he got with Peter (Cunningham doesn't count, Fury was out of shape and didn't have a trainer for that fight) in his last 4 fights that he refined boxing at range. It's the same as comparing Klitschko pre-Steward, Fury only became a very good fighter his last 4 fights.

What If I made a thread saying specifically what Parker is better at and make the argument he has more tools than Joshua does? that's not an unreasonable argument. If you actually want to argue about this, list everything Joshua is better at and prove he has more skills, a better inside game, fighting back foot etc

Any way, not long until the fight happens. I believe Parker will prove everyone wrong and the fight will be very competitive.

Comment

Joshua and Hearn both know that DEONTAY WILDER is a HUGE THREAT to their operation. They will make every excuse going in order not to face him.

They will continue to fight average guys like Joesph Parker, Big Baby Miller and Dillian Whyte hopeing that Wilder either gets beat by someone else or grows too old to be a threat.

Wilder vs Joshua is a true 50-50 fight, who ever lands their bomb first wins and i'd give the edge to Wilder just for his speed advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                Fragile chin at its finest Wilder will have a field day

Man this means as much as Wilder getting hurt in Ams NOTHING.Both these guys had less then 35-40 Am fights they have improved a ton.(Boy this feels weird I'm always defending Wilder because Joshua has sooo many more fanboys)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                  Joshua and Hearn both know that DEONTAY WILDER is a HUGE THREAT to their operation. They will make every excuse going in order not to face him.

They will continue to fight average guys like Joesph Parker, Big Baby Miller and Dillian Whyte hopeing that Wilder either gets beat by someone else or grows too old to be a threat.

Wilder vs Joshua is a true 50-50 fight, who ever lands their bomb first wins and i'd give the edge to Wilder just for his speed advantage.
                  Agree on Hearn and starting to believe Joshua are afraid of taking chance to lose out on more money.No reason to avoid anymore Joshua has already made a ton.

Comment

The entire forum clowned you , you RAN off it fast as you ALWAYS do when heat is on doe ? lol

You CLAIM ugly bag work??

post it and i'll explain it though even M. Tyson complemented me on what i was doing , which was POWER ?

I know one thing ...

You wouldn't DARE say anything to my face ,would you bc then it gets REAL ugly ...well for you ...."Grease Ball " was it .pfffft ?
                    So, you got nothing and your words are worthless again. I'm shocked!
                    Regarding the thread, I got so many green Ks off that because it was intended to trigger those fanatic douchebags. You guys got butthurt and you want to pretend you gave a clowning? I'll bump it after you all bail on ol G and remind you.

If you want to go further into personal matters, I said kind things about your bag vid out of sympathy because everyone was laughing at you. Truthfully, it was a slow, stiff man loading up and putting everything into power, in a way that would never fly against a live, moving opponent.

I think your problem is that you've personally vested yourself into this place so you're willing to lie, and delude even yourself, to make points about boxing celebs. I don't give a shyt about any of those dudes other than I like seeing them fight on a saturday night. Not to mention how little I care about personas on this forum. I'm a fan of the science of boxing and the science don't lie. Fanboys do.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post

I think Parker is a legit choice, based on standing on the division (even though I think he's going to get beat easily) but the idea that he might fight Miller after reinforces the idea that Hearn is milking a cow. Anyone who defends that is just trash.

Comment

Working...
                      X