Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canelos positive test sully his previous draw additionally?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Canelos positive test sully his previous draw additionally?

Canelo was on the lucky side of a draw and with the vote constituting his win being denounced by everyone including his own promoter. Now that he's tested positive it could be speculated that he was juiced then, but also that he needs an upper hand now, so it's a double-edged blow on Canelo. If he wins he will be discredited and if he loses even more so... how can he get out of a situation like this?

My take on it is whether it was contamination or doping as a professional, multi-million dollar athlete you should be able to account for these things and obtain food that is safe. If it isn't cheating it is incompetence/neglect and you should have no excuse for conducting yourself so unprofessionally.

Once a cheat always a cheat.

Comment

It depends on how you think. If you think anyone who tests positive for anything not allowed that they deliberately cheated and have always cheated since they have been a pro then yes it does. If you think he may have eaten bad meat and in all the other fights in which he was tested clean he was clean then no it doesn't. Canelo tested clean for the draw with GGG so I think he probably was clean for that fight. If a boxer is tested numerous times and comes up clean for that fight then I think he probably was clean for that particular fight even if he fails a test a year later. Otherwise what is the point of testing. Nothing that humans do is perfect or foolproof. Errors can be made and tests can be wrong. Innocent boxers can look guilty when they aren't guilty.

Comment

It's doubtful he just started cheating for this fight. The odds were tighter for this fight already I believe. His team hasn't changed in years either.

Comment

Working...
        X