Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I noticed Tyson slipped from the waist alot and not from the hips, was that a mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed Tyson slipped from the waist alot and not from the hips, was that a mistake

Or intentional

He bent at the spine not at the hips.

He had a different way of slipping due to being front on, but if he was side on that would be the equivalent of me bending my back like doing a ab-crunch to slip.

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Or intentional

He bent at the spine not at the hips.

He had a different way of slipping due to being front on, but if he was side on that would be the equivalent of me bending my back like doing a ab-crunch to slip.
    Na he just did it by mistake all the time.

Comment

..........."He bent at the spine not at the hips".

Hips? How do you bend at the hips?
      You either bend at the waist or the knees. Tyson did both, and yes as he closed distance he would square up to have equal punching distance with both arms.
      He mostly used his waist for slipping and countering. Dempsey and Marciano used their knees to stay low while closing distance. Crouching!

Ray.

Comment

Tyson bent both at the waist and the knees. It wasn't just bending at the waist. He would load his legs, bob, and then proceed to bend with his waste, weave. Once the opening presented he would unload the legs.
        Last edited by GTTofAK; 10-09-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          ..........."He bent at the spine not at the hips".

Hips? How do you bend at the hips?
          You either bend at the waist or the knees. Tyson did both, and yes as he closed distance he would square up to have equal punching distance with both arms.
          He mostly used his waist for slipping and countering. Dempsey and Marciano used their knees to stay low while closing distance. Crouching!

Ray.
          Theres a ball and socket joint there

1] Bend at the waist = bending the spine

2] Bending at the hips = bending where the ball and socket joint is while keeping the spine and legs straight [look at a martial artist throwing a side kick to the head for another example]

3] Bending at the knee or 1 knee = hips n spine stay straight body tilts to one side

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
            Na he just did it by mistake all the time.

Well im probing for a reason why he did this because it seems odd, bending at the hips is I believe faster than bending at the waist, its also less injury inducing

Comment

Bending at the hip, notice his waist band is tilted to the side and his spine/torso is straight

Bending at the waist/spine, notice how her waist band is still horizontal and her spine is bent to the side with her torso, just how Tyson slipped

Last edited by AlexKid; 10-09-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

here again bending at the hip joint, u basically stick your bgutt out to the side

bending at the spine again

Tysons drilling bending at the spine, no one correcting him, so perhaps it was intentional, if so why would he bend at the spine and not the hips///
                Last edited by AlexKid; 10-09-2015, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  Bending at the hip, notice his waist band is tilted to the side and his spine/torso is straight

Bending at the waist/spine, notice how her waist band is still horizontal and her spine is bent to the side with her torso, just how Tyson slipped

I think in Tyson's bio it said something along the lines of Cus apparently worked out the "optimum" movement of the body to avoid punches whilst working your way inside, with like an odd pendulum movement. People used to take the p*ss out of Tyson when he was younger for it but it worked for him for sure.

Comment

Twists........slipping puncches then countering.

Comment

Working...
                    X